This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, Namco is working on TWO NIntendo fighting games

#1SalsaSavantPosted 8/26/2014 5:13:51 AM
Huh. Pokken, which looks to be connected in some way with Tekken (Similar logo, basic mechanics, the pun) and Smash.

That's an interesting development. I wonder why specifically fighting games with NIntendo characters?
---
Guy With Sword used his Pokemon, Samurai Goroh, to kill Alfonzo so nothing gets done! All at the behest of the evil goddess Paluteena and her minion Kid Icarus.
#2JeroisourosinPosted 8/26/2014 5:29:39 AM
When is the last time you heard anything about "pokken" from Namco or Nintendo? Do you have any source that states namco is even working on a second Nintendo game at the moment? Just curious cause so far all I've seen is wild speculation and folks building hype for a game that may not even exist.
---
Super speed is most commonly wanted for theft.
#3Frostheat_22Posted 8/26/2014 5:30:12 AM
Jeroisourosin posted...
When is the last time you heard anything about "pokken" from Namco or Nintendo? Do you have any source that states namco is even working on a second Nintendo game at the moment? Just curious cause so far all I've seen is wild speculation and folks building hype for a game that may not even exist.

They announced like half an hour ago.
---
PSN: Frostheat_22
"You would probably do better in pvp if you didn't take advice from your mom." - WATAUGACJ
#4SalsaSavant(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 5:30:55 AM
Jeroisourosin posted...

You're, like, five whole minutes behind.
---
Guy With Sword used his Pokemon, Samurai Goroh, to kill Alfonzo so nothing gets done! All at the behest of the evil goddess Paluteena and her minion Kid Icarus.
#5philyjbabyPosted 8/26/2014 5:31:14 AM
apparently katsuhiro harada is working with it directly... he'd have his plate full having just announced tekken 7 too.
---
bbybowserplsnaopls
#6Zohar_MetatronPosted 8/26/2014 5:31:30 AM
Also I'm pretty sure this means Tekken x SF is finally outright dead.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#7SalsaSavant(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 5:32:31 AM
Zohar_Metatron posted...

They keep insisting it's still in dev.

But with how SF X Tekken was recieved, I think it may be given a low priority until people forget that it happened.
---
#8King-gamerPosted 8/26/2014 5:32:49 AM
Zohar_Metatron posted...

The negativity surrounding SFxT Probably killed the game from Namco's side.
---
Not changing this sig until F-Zero comes out. Been waiting since E3 2007.
-Started on 18/6/2013
#9JeroisourosinPosted 8/26/2014 5:39:50 AM
Lol perfect timing, good to see it finally announced, proceed with the pokč-hype!
---
Super speed is most commonly wanted for theft.
#10Zohar_MetatronPosted 8/26/2014 5:51:45 AM
SalsaSavant posted...

They keep insisting it's still in dev.

The last thing we heard about Starcraft: Ghost, a bit before Wings was released, was that it's still coming along, and we've heard "still in dev" about Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Last Guardian within this last year.

Just sayin'.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.