The ESRB has to see the entire roster. The leak was the entire roster.

#181_DogPosted 8/26/2014 8:37:31 PM
Zero_Destroyer posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...
Mephsuit posted...
Who says it's scrambled?

It's not. Someone figured it out:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69934934
http://i.imgur.com/82Sqi3p.png

That does indeed start to show a pattern, but LM/ROB/DHD throw it off. Part of the reason why I don't think the roster is complete.

Agreed. While a good explanation, I'm not convinced it's a good layout as it still seems awkward. There's no reason to put Shulk in the last row with the third-parties.
---
Congratulations to Germany for winning the 2014 FIFA World Cup
#182FiniteGrabPosted 8/27/2014 3:42:23 AM
Vyers posted...
The simplest answer is "Nintendo wanted to hold back some characters just in case of a leak." Leaking Jigglypuff or Falco (do I need to remind you that Sakurai already showed Game & Watch) isn't a big deal. Leaking Dixie Kong, Chorus Kids, Mewtwo, etc. would be.

So Nintnedo both does and does not care about leaks? There's literally no reason for them to show Jigglypuff to the ESRB. There's no way that can be offensive content. So why would they? "Oh we can afford to lose Jigglypuff" isn't really a good answer to that if you're previously thinking that Nintnedo is super concerned about leaks.

It's adding up to be, this is the final roster.
---
Everything lasts forever.
#183TacticianRobinPosted 8/27/2014 4:45:02 AM
xoftheuniverse posted...
I took Photoshop in college and the CSS pic looks shopped.

Don't mean to bring up an old post but I immediately thought of this:
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/024/183/500pxShopped.jpg?1318992465

And started laughing
---
Remember kids, there's no kill like overkill.
8/25/2014 #MonadoMonday
#184nonexistingheroPosted 8/27/2014 4:49:34 AM
ThisAnvil posted...
I'll beleive the numerous notable people who leaked the images/video (and the reputable Smashboards mods who corroborated it) over some random guy on gamefaqs.

You could also just use common sense.

Super Smash Bros. --> Has a rectangle roster with 2 rows
Melee --> Has sort of a rectangle roster. The bottom left and right corners don't have anything, but are used as 'random' selection spaces.
Brawl --> Has a rectangle roster

Obviously, Smash 4 would also have a rectangle roster. It doesn't make sense to use 9 characters for every top row, then 8 for the 2nd-to-last-bottom row and only 4 for the final one. On top of that, Shulk is listed next to the 3rd party characters. If that's really the final roster, then Shulk is a 3rd party character 'according to Nintendo'.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#185VyersPosted 8/27/2014 4:54:35 AM
FiniteGrab posted...
Vyers posted...
The simplest answer is "Nintendo wanted to hold back some characters just in case of a leak." Leaking Jigglypuff or Falco (do I need to remind you that Sakurai already showed Game & Watch) isn't a big deal. Leaking Dixie Kong, Chorus Kids, Mewtwo, etc. would be.

So Nintnedo both does and does not care about leaks? There's literally no reason for them to show Jigglypuff to the ESRB. There's no way that can be offensive content. So why would they? "Oh we can afford to lose Jigglypuff" isn't really a good answer to that if you're previously thinking that Nintnedo is super concerned about leaks.

This is horrible logic because it assumes extremes - that Nintendo can't care about leaks because they reveal certain content. Jigglypuff was shown because the ESRB might be concerned about the suggested animal abuse associated w/ the Pokémon brand. Jigglypuff also contributes to the comic mischief content advisory. Again, the logical explanation is that Nintendo chose to keep a few characters that the ESRB did not need to see hidden away to ensure that if a leak ever did occur, there would be some surprises left, yet Nintendo did not want to hide so much away as to risk a potential fine.
---
Couple o' YouTube channels. http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNegativeHippie http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#186metalXgearPosted 8/27/2014 5:34:42 AM
As much as I hope Dixie, Mewtwo, and Ridley are in the game, just seeing or hearing "Ridley playable" is to good to be true so I'm preparing to be disappointed and that the leaked roster is the final roster. If that is the final roster though then its very disappointing, I'm not gonna pretend to make excuses for how the roster is good when its not because if it's real then they missed out big time on not adding Dixie, Mewtwo, Ridley, or even cutting the Ice Climbers and Snake.
---
Wii Console: 0917 6760 4711 4172
SSBB: 1289 7876 7544
#187FiniteGrabPosted 8/27/2014 8:42:32 AM
Vyers posted...
FiniteGrab posted...
Vyers posted...

This is horrible logic because it assumes extremes - that Nintendo can't care about leaks because they reveal certain content. Jigglypuff was shown because the ESRB might be concerned about the suggested animal abuse associated w/ the Pokémon brand. Jigglypuff also contributes to the comic mischief content advisory. Again, the logical explanation is that Nintendo chose to keep a few characters that the ESRB did not need to see hidden away to ensure that if a leak ever did occur, there would be some surprises left, yet Nintendo did not want to hide so much away as to risk a potential fine.

I'm not assuming extremes. You said that Nintendo didn't give them the full roster because they are afraid of leaks, yet they gave them plenty of characters that would not be offensive in any universe. So how could they both be concerned about a potential leak and not concerned about it enough to include characters the ESRB would probably not have to see at all?

And Jigglypuff looks like an animal? You don't know that is the reason, and I don't buy this speculation at all. What animal looks like a ball with a face? Also did Game and Watch look like an animal of some sort? And really, if Jigglypuff and the rest contributed to comic mischief, don't you think the other supposedly hidden characters would qualify too?
---
Everything lasts forever.
#188ssj_duelistPosted 8/27/2014 8:44:46 AM
Still no reason why Shulk can't go in-between WFT and clones.
---
**** coin.
#189Dark_LawlPosted 8/27/2014 8:45:00 AM
metalXgear posted...
As much as I hope Dixie, Mewtwo, and Ridley are in the game, just seeing or hearing "Ridley playable" is to good to be true so I'm preparing to be disappointed and that the leaked roster is the final roster. If that is the final roster though then its very disappointing, I'm not gonna pretend to make excuses for how the roster is good when its not because if it's real then they missed out big time on not adding Dixie, Mewtwo, Ridley, or even cutting the Ice Climbers and Snake.

We have 51 characters, even if this was the final roster. (3 Mii styles) That's far from disappointing.
---
Gaming is going to die again.
#190Da_doppenPosted 8/27/2014 8:49:14 AM
Don't take Vyers seriously, he clearly dodged my argument as soon as he couldn't come up with a response.
---
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names!
For SFIV combos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen