This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you believe that the leaked roster...

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Do you believe that the leaked roster...
9 months ago#21
alucardivx posted...
Triforceformer posted...
ReallyCoolForum posted...
Xynaxus64 posted...
No, because I'm not a pessimist.

Better to be a pessimist and be pleasantly surprised than be an optimist and have your hopes and dreams crushed

You mean better to be a pessimist and feel like s*** than to be an optimist and at least try to have a happier outlook on ambiguous situations? If I think there's 4 or 5 more fighters and I'm right, then hooray we have more fighters. If I think there's 4 or 5 more and there's not, my world isn't going to collapse in on itself because I was wrong about one little thing. Like a perfectly adjusted human being I'd be sad for a little bit before moving on after getting back to emotional neutrality. You lose nothing from being optimistic unless you're emotionally unhinged and your happiness hinges on your optimism being rewarded.

But no, blind cynicism is totally just logic that I want to ignore to stay in my deluded little world.

It's not cynisism it's realism. And look at everyone else raging that they didn't get the characters they wanted in this game. Can you honestly say you won't be a bit angry when you find out there won't be any more characters even though you believed there would be?

I'm being a bit cynical here to be on the safe side, honestly.
---
Official Greninja of the OR/AS boards.
Shulk, Ridley, Mewtwo, & Paper Mario supporter for SSB4. Jigglypuff, Lucas, & Snake defender for SSB4.
9 months ago#22
I think its not but I am prepared if it is.
---
Fc: 5069-4485-4924
I shall be one with Ridley in the afterlife
9 months ago#23
I think it is and I'm totally fine with it. Have not entirely discounted the possibility of more, though.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
9 months ago#24
PKomegaPAX posted...
No 5 more empty slots to fill.

Melee
---
SHABLAGOO! Mint Berry Crunch!
http://i.imgur.com/kMwYjGS.gif | http://i.imgur.com/AOti9K9.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/TXlEqVf.png
9 months ago#25
Triforceformer posted...
You mean better to be a pessimist and feel like s*** than to be an optimist and at least try to have a happier outlook on ambiguous situations? If I think there's 4 or 5 more fighters and I'm right, then hooray we have more fighters. If I think there's 4 or 5 more and there's not, my world isn't going to collapse in on itself because I was wrong about one little thing. Like a perfectly adjusted human being I'd be sad for a little bit before moving on after getting back to emotional neutrality. You lose nothing from being optimistic unless you're emotionally unhinged and your happiness hinges on your optimism being rewarded.

But no, blind cynicism is totally just logic that I want to ignore to stay in my deluded little world.

I just feel like it's better to be slightly disappointed now and get it over with, and have a chance of being pleasantly surprised if I turn out to be wrong, than expecting more characters and being disappointed when the game comes out. Especially since there's no reason to believe there are any more characters besides the fact that we just want them. I don't think that's "blind cynicism".
9 months ago#26
endergamer537 posted...
MajinTenshinhan posted...
I don't know. I hope it isn't.

This

---
2DS FC
Jaad 4656-7001-2336
9 months ago#27
I seriously doubt it, everything considered so far.
---
OMHM 2014: "We don't think so you don't have to!"
9 months ago#28
The roster as it stands doesn't look right.

Characters aren't where they should be and those blank icons stand out like a sore thumb.

There's no art in the empty areas like in Melee and Brawl either.

All in all it doesn't look right to me and that's why I believe we still have a few more characters.
9 months ago#29
MajinTenshinhan posted...
I don't know. I hope it isn't.

---
3DS FC: 2449 - 5765 - 2688 PM me and I'll add you
Joe, Joe, Joe, Funky Kong, Joe, Dry Bones, Toad
9 months ago#30
Bump.
---
Official Greninja of the OR/AS boards.
Shulk, Ridley, Mewtwo, & Paper Mario supporter for SSB4. Jigglypuff, Lucas, & Snake defender for SSB4.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Do you believe that the leaked roster...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived