Minish Cap Link

#1Blingya25Posted 6/9/2011 11:38:24 PM
Anyone want Minish Cap Link to be the "Toon Link" in this game?

I would certainly want him to be in. He would most likely be using different mechanics than "Link" like his cap... and that sucking thing...

... yeah, i never beated the game.

:(
---
I remember that i had one, but when it came, two was there, then three was nowhere to be find with four, but five and six was like nine dude, and eight seven :\
#2NotoriousLynx49Posted 6/9/2011 11:41:51 PM
No Toon Link or Young Link or any form of that. Waste of character space. If you're going to work on clones, forget about it and work on new modes and things that actual make this game enjoyable.
#3Garp_fistPosted 6/9/2011 11:44:00 PM
Toon Link should not have been a clone, but I wouldn't mind a mash up Young Link that has moves form Four Swords, Wind Waker, and Minish Cap.
---
People that want Viewtiful Joe 3: 101. Brony for life.
Currently playing: Persona 3 Portable, Radiant Historia, Pokemon White, Dragon Quest VIII.
#4CrzyNinFanPosted 6/9/2011 11:46:15 PM
No Toon Link or Young Link or any form of that. Waste of character space. If you're going to work on clones, forget about it and work on new modes and things that actual make this game enjoyable.

Not necessarily, since we have 2 radically different Zelda games coming up, both arguably needing representation. In fact, how about this: we start out with OoT Y. Link, who has the same moveset we're used to from the rest of the series, with Zelda and Ganon having OoT designs as well. Then, as an unlockable, we have SS Link, who would have a completely different moveset to take advantage of all the new equipment, such as the beetle and whip.
---
I'm a renewed Cr(a)zyNin(tendo)Fan ; Wesker/Dante/Sentinel
"UNDERMINE TARGET CONFIDENCE." -- Sentinel, MvC3
#5HkingNPosted 6/9/2011 11:50:52 PM
^ I think it would a nice twist because Brawl has a toon version of Young Link and a realistic version of Adult Link. If they implemented what you suggested, it would mean having a realistic version of Young Link and a toon(ish) version of Adult Link. Just wanted to point that out.
#6SirIlpalazzoPosted 6/9/2011 11:58:42 PM

The point of clones is that they can be made (relatively) quickly, easily, and cheaply. A clone isn't going to take away development time from more important things.
---
I am sure people have many nice memories of yelling at their controllers.~Keiji Inafune
#7sting__artPosted 6/10/2011 12:07:19 AM
SirIlpalazzo posted...

The point of clones is that they can be made (relatively) quickly, easily, and cheaply. A clone isn't going to take away development time from more important things.

I actually find it most important to have more characters to choose from. The only mode i care about is the 2~4 player VS mode. All the others are played maybe once just to try them out and thats it.
---
You honestly got nothing better to do then to read my sig. Oh you're going to miss the time of day when you grow up.
#8CrzyNinFanPosted 6/10/2011 12:15:26 AM
I actually find it most important to have more characters to choose from. The only mode i care about is the 2~4 player VS mode. All the others are played maybe once just to try them out and thats it.

I would normally agree, but Smash is one of the games in which I would say this isn't the case. Besides, people tend to expect a variety of modes anyway (Ex.: Backlash to MvC3).
---
I'm a renewed Cr(a)zyNin(tendo)Fan ; Wesker/Dante/Sentinel
"UNDERMINE TARGET CONFIDENCE." -- Sentinel, MvC3