i dont think any handheld chars will get in

#21CharizardFirePosted 6/17/2011 5:37:56 PM

wait i stand by my point...Game and Watch is a special case as he appeared in his own console that can be listed as other or handheld but he's not the same category as them
so my point isn't invalid all series have a home console game (game and watch is an exception and he has relationship with some many big nintendo chars not including him would be dumb)

Pokemon didn't have a home console game prior to Smash 64.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#22kirbyakaZPosted 6/17/2011 6:00:32 PM(edited)
CharizardFire posted...

Except, Pokemon Snap, Hey you Pikachu, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, right?
---
Put this in your sig if you believe in the Almighty Lord.
kirbyakaZ&gamerTai: masters of HUEG QUOTE POSTS - El_NoOb
#23_Sanaki_Posted 6/17/2011 6:03:58 PM
Uh... regardless, I think we'll see handheld characters in this, simple as that. There's no real evidence to support this, because there haven't been that many popular handheld characters before anyways. And even so, I'm sure we'll see them.
---
Official Barthandelus and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.
#24CharizardFirePosted 6/17/2011 6:16:45 PM

CharizardFire posted...

Except, Pokemon Snap, Hey you Pikachu, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, right?

None of which were released before Smash 64.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#25kirbyakaZPosted 6/17/2011 6:28:26 PM
CharizardFire posted...

None of which were released before Smash 64.

Hey You Pikachu was released before in Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey_You,_Pikachu!

Pokemon Snap was released 2 months before in the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokémon_Snap

And regardless, those are home console games, the date doesn't really matter considering we're talking about the newest game in the series, 12+ years later.
---
#26MalkyeaImbak(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2011 6:30:08 PM
stadium was in the process of being made and announced prior to smash 64
---
PKMN BLK: 1807 2665 3081
PKMN 0818 5014 4887 The Official Iceman of the MvC3 board! ice beam yeah
#27MaggirusPosted 6/17/2011 6:40:05 PM
I don't see your logic. Most series represented in Smash are bigger and popular franchises who have games BOTH on console and handheld. Of course most of these characters aren't handheld exclusives.

Even if you consider your logic you have to explain characters like G&W, Lucas and Roy who are handheld exclusive. Another case is the Pokémon series. All main games are released for handheld only and prior SSB64 release the only game released on console was Hey! You Pikachu!....

In fact you can reverse your logic and say that you don't think any console chars will get in. This logic would apply to every series beside Pikmin, who is so far console exclusive (OK, to be honest there are so many remakes for handheld consoles, it shouldn't count). It only shows that series represented in Smash are usually more popular ones and therefore they appear on both formats.

Finally why should only series be represented in Smash who appeared on console? Because of a not accurate pattern? When Sakurai is thinking about the playable characters for Smash4 and comes across Isaac and slightly approves him, will he not accept him because so far there were only playable characters from series that appeared on console? I highly doubt Sakurai follows fan made patterns.
#28kirbyakaZPosted 6/17/2011 6:50:14 PM
Maggirus posted...
I don't see your logic. Most series represented in Smash are bigger and popular franchises who have games BOTH on console and handheld. Of course most of these characters aren't handheld exclusives.

Even if you consider your logic you have to explain characters like G&W, Lucas and Roy who are handheld exclusive. Another case is the Pokémon series. All main games are released for handheld only and prior SSB64 release the only game released on console was Hey! You Pikachu!....

In fact you can reverse your logic and say that you don't think any console chars will get in. This logic would apply to every series beside Pikmin, who is so far console exclusive (OK, to be honest there are so many remakes for handheld consoles, it shouldn't count). It only shows that series represented in Smash are usually more popular ones and therefore they appear on both formats.

Finally why should only series be represented in Smash who appeared on console? Because of a not accurate pattern? When Sakurai is thinking about the playable characters for Smash4 and comes across Isaac and slightly approves him, will he not accept him because so far there were only playable characters from series that appeared on console? I highly doubt Sakurai follows fan made patterns.

Agreed^

I was mostly commenting to say that not all Pokemon games are console . . . Also, Pokemon Stadium sounds awesome, to bad it was meh.
---
#29FlipManV3Posted 6/17/2011 11:44:57 PM
MalkyeaImbak posted...
wait i stand by my point...Game and Watch is a special case as he appeared in his own console that can be listed as other or handheld but he's not the same category as them
so my point isn't invalid all series have a home console game (game and watch is an exception and he has relationship with some many big nintendo chars not including him would be dumb)

But you make no point.

If we're going by series, then I can easily say "I don't think any console characters will get in" because all of the series being represented have been on both console and handheld.

But if you actually count Mr. Game & Watch because he has only strictly been on handhelds, then the favor actually goes to the opposition in which you were trying to prove a point on.
If this was a court case, you would've been counter-sued. Hard.

-
---
Now playing: Lunar Knights(DS), inFAMOUS 2(PS3), Ridge Racer 3D(3DS)
Waiting for: PlayStation Vita, Gears of War 3, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Mario Kart 3DS