This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The funny thing is, that we will not guess anything close to the actual roster.

#1Shadow_Link04Posted 6/17/2011 9:40:32 PM
Must like before Brawl, almost no one who was a shoe in or favorite or most likely to be in was in.

The roster came to a huge surprise and extremely disappointing to most. For example here was a normal guess for the roster before Brawl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lEnxPW-O-Y

And hey it includes some Nintendo themes.
---
PONG WAS REAL I thought that was just a story parents told little kids to scare them!!!
#2Doug314Posted 6/17/2011 9:48:59 PM
Yeah, we will get close. I saw tons that were really close to correct for brawl, and I'll try to find one.
---
SSB4 is announced!!!!!!!!
#3RagirothPosted 6/17/2011 9:49:19 PM
I think Ike, Pit, Wario, Meta Knight, DeDeDe, probably Diddy, maybe Olimar, and after Snake I guess Sonic were all somewhat shoe ins. ROB, Wolf, Toon Link (maybe), Zero Suit Samus, Snake, and Pokemon Trainer I think weren't.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#4Shadow_Link04(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2011 9:50:18 PM
Really this far before the game came out?

I honestly don't remember anyone suggesting an idea similar or close to Pokemon Trainer, or a playable Charizard, Ivysaur or Squirtle being playable.
---
PONG WAS REAL I thought that was just a story parents told little kids to scare them!!!
#5gigideyPosted 6/17/2011 9:51:21 PM
Shadow_Link04 posted...
Really this far before the game came out?

I honestly don't remember anyone suggesting an idea similar or close to Pokemon Trainer, or a playable Charizard, Ivysaur or Squirtle being playable.

He took that picture from the Smash website. The game was not out, but the character was announced.
---
(>:•:)> Big Daddy Kirby
(>0_o)> Zombie Kirby
#6Shadow_Link04(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2011 9:51:58 PM
ROB, Wolf, Toon Link (maybe), Zero Suit Samus, Snake, and Pokemon Trainer I think weren't.

This and add Olimar, no one and I mean no one were guessing them.

The others were announced extremely early on, and before they were annonced I don't remember even hearing of Pit.
---
#7Shadow_Link04(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2011 9:53:07 PM
He took that picture from the Smash website. The game was not out, but the character was announced.

Yes, I know that list was made pretty late.
---
#8Jack_the_monke7Posted 6/17/2011 9:54:45 PM

I don't see how Brawl's roster wasdissapointing when you look back. It added huge characters like Diddy Kong, Wario, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Olimar. Melee added weird random unknown guys like Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Roy (not that I didn't love them). But Brawl added the needed guys and some fun ones like Pokemon Trainer, Pit, and Sonic. The only huge star missing is Ridley.

#9Shadow_Link04(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2011 9:59:04 PM
Jack_the_monke7 posted...
I don't see how Brawl's roster wasdissapointing when you look back. It added huge characters like Diddy Kong, Wario, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Olimar. Melee added weird random unknown guys like Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Roy (not that I didn't love them). But Brawl added the needed guys and some fun ones like Pokemon Trainer, Pit, and Sonic. The only huge star missing is Ridley.

It could be because I followed the game so closely and spoiled everything for myself. But I also liked the fact that new series were represented, I want to see Custom Robo, Animal Crossing, Golden Sun and Punch Out all get a playable character.

I don't like that so many characters were added to series that had alot of representation but then ignored new series or ones that need another character, Metroid. So maybe I liked that little randomness added by Meele.
---
#10BloodyJokerPosted 6/17/2011 10:03:02 PM
Well... before Brawl was out, I was on the bus home from school one day and I said to my friend "What if Lucario was in it?" while I was playing Pokémon.
The day after, Lucario was announced. It shouldn't be that hard to get close if people start with realistic roosters instead of things like "Tom Nook" or "Tingle."
---
HR: 151
Goldeneye: 2039-3778-0892 --Slender Man.