This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The funny thing is, that we will not guess anything close to the actual roster.

#21Electric_SonicPosted 6/17/2011 10:20:45 PM
obviously there'll be a few shock picks (pt, zss, rob, etc.) but most of the characters that make it in are ones that a lot of people predict the inclusion of
---
http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/storyfiles/hs2/03346.gif
#22KRATOS_AURlONPosted 6/17/2011 10:22:45 PM
We never got close to Brawl's, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Some guy actually leaked the entire list on the Brawl GameFAQs message boards almost a week before it was released or leaked anywhere else, and he got flamed by dozens of people for 'trolling'. I distinctly remember people telling him that if he wanted anyone to believe his lies then he would have to come up with a less ridiculous list.
#23Shadow_Link04(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2011 10:23:38 PM
KRATOS_AURlON posted...
We never got close to Brawl's, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Some guy actually leaked the entire list on the Brawl GameFAQs message boards almost a week before it was released or leaked anywhere else, and he got flamed by dozens of people for 'trolling'. I distinctly remember people telling him that if he wanted anyone to believe his lies then he would have to come up with a less ridiculous list.

YES, Thank you I remember this also.
---
PONG WAS REAL I thought that was just a story parents told little kids to scare them!!!
#24harvestmoonmikePosted 6/17/2011 10:24:54 PM
Before they were in Brawl, people called certain characters by different names. Pokemon Trainer was either called Red or Ash, and with Toon Link some people referred to him as Cel-Link or some such.
#25WeruopPosted 6/17/2011 10:29:14 PM
i remember that thread
is it still existing?
---
FC: 1246-8397-8245
www.allisbrawl.com/profile/Weruop.ai
#26Black_BoxxPosted 6/17/2011 10:32:43 PM
Shadow_Link04 posted...
Trust me I was there and this isn't true, I don't remember one person with an idea close to Pokemon Trainer or the Pokemon involved or anyone mentioning Toon Link, Wolf, R.O.B, Pit and many others who made the cut.

Uh... Pit was kinda confirmed in the announcement trailer. No one had to guess. If you mean before the game was announced, then you would still be wrong. I wanted Pit in since the original Smash, and kept hoping he would make it.

As for the others, plenty suggested Toon Link (more commonly referred to as "Windwaker Link") and Wolf. I saw a few odd suggestions for ROB, but not many.

My point is, each and every character in the final roster was suggested at some point prior to their reveal (even a Pokemon Trainer, though people simply called him "Red", and did suggest a pokemon rotation system similar to Shiek and Zelda's transformation). I suspect the same to happen with this new entry. We have several years until the game hits shelves. Do you seriously think the community won't name each and every combatant in that time span? Guessing the exact roster? Probably not. I still think there will be several that come surprisingly close.
#27APluslePosted 6/17/2011 10:35:01 PM
Shadow_Link04 posted...
Well there is another poster in here who agrees with me, so you seem like a lone wolf saying that they did predict the roster.

List of users in this topic who posted something closer to what I'm saying...

theharvestmoonmike
Doug314
DarkDragon177
BloodyJoker
Electric_Sonic

These people don't agree with exactly what I'm saying, but it's closer than to what you're saying.

Anyhow, I never though I'd be fighting FOR the rosters. I find them to be not only inaccurate but generally not entertaining either. What I'm saying is that I individually saw most characters somewhere. I haven't seen one that I remember that's been close to having all of them right in the slightest.

Finishing, I came to this board a few times pre-Brawl and never posted. I was on NSider, which I'm pretty positive, hard as it is to believe, was more hectic than it was here, partly because it was much less well moderated (seriously), there were generally less restrictions and, probably mainly, it was directly linked to Nintendo's website, meaning that more people ended up there. Because of all that, I think there were probably more character suggestions and the like.

I actually don't think this was my longest post...
---
My masterpiece seems much more relevant now.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997828-paper-mario/57781633
#28harvestmoonmikePosted 6/17/2011 10:35:17 PM
Yeah, I remember that.

I think most of the disappointment came from the amount of characters though, I think people were expecting 40+.

But that arrangement of the roster is what made it work... Each vertical row having a meaning and represented characters in a franchise or group. It was pretty solid.
#29Shadow_Link04(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2011 10:41:26 PM
theharvestmoonmike posted...
Yeah, I remember that.

I think most of the disappointment came from the amount of characters though, I think people were expecting 40+.

But that arrangement of the roster is what made it work... Each vertical row having a meaning and represented characters in a franchise or group. It was pretty solid.

This is also true, I can tell you I was very disappointed I assumed 40. Also towards APlusle, that was before more of these people came in, talking about how they wanted characters since the original super smash. I can honestly tell you, as others have that most people didn't think the current roster would make it.
---
PONG WAS REAL I thought that was just a story parents told little kids to scare them!!!