Why is Sora so hated on this board? What did he do?

#21ExodecaiPosted 5/18/2012 5:16:49 AM
Sora and Waluigi have something in common, the haters are funny to read their ridiculous posts. So by all means I want to see people continue hating so I can laugh at their posts.

Personally I wouldn't mind Sora, he's not in my top 5 but I'd use him if he were in.
---
"Wah? Waluigi Lose? IMPOSSIBLE!"
#22jaythedstryr(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 5:27:45 AM
Exodecai posted...
Sora and Waluigi have something in common, the haters are funny to read their ridiculous posts. So by all means I want to see people continue hating so I can laugh at their posts.

Personally I wouldn't mind Sora, he's not in my top 5 but I'd use him if he were in.

lmao, I just dont understand, some of these people are so sensitive about this. There is nothing wrong with Waluigi and Sora as characters, hell they kick a** I thought that was the important thing. This is Smash were talking about right!? Lol
#23ABrighterShadowPosted 5/18/2012 5:28:16 AM
Sora, just like Waluigi and Shulk, is hated on because he is too cool. So cool in fact, that his coolness invokes jealousy and rage upon the ignorant. They have yet to come up with a rational arguement.
---
Hirudegarn, The Dishwasher, and The Coon for Super Smash Bros. Wii U.
#24ViewtifulGenePosted 5/18/2012 5:28:26 AM

You said Dragon Quest right? Give me a stand alone character from that series thats popular enough to be a SE rep. I mean a popular character thats known like Sora or Cloud for example. I want one thats all.

Slime. And before anybody pulls the "he's generic, let's add a Goomba while we're at it" crap, Goomba isn't a series mascot. Slime is. And before anybody pulls the "he can't fight. He doesn't have limbs" crap, he can use swords, magic, and armor in DQ5 and 6. Oh, I guess he can drive a tank too.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
http://i.imgur.com/qsLFK.png
#25VictoryBadguyPosted 5/18/2012 5:32:13 AM
Well, I can tell you Sora wouldn't be hated nearly as much if KH didn't have one of the worst fanbases in existence.
---
It's Skullgirls baby! Team: Painwheel/Double
Project M & Brawl- player.
#26jaythedstryr(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 5:33:55 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
You said Dragon Quest right? Give me a stand alone character from that series thats popular enough to be a SE rep. I mean a popular character thats known like Sora or Cloud for example. I want one thats all.
Slime. And before anybody pulls the "he's generic, let's add a Goomba while we're at it" crap, Goomba isn't a series mascot. Slime is. And before anybody pulls the "he can't fight. He doesn't have limbs" crap, he can use swords, magic, and armor in DQ5 and 6. Oh, I guess he can drive a tank too.

I was gonna say Angelo but I guess Goomba isn't a bad choice but okay i can roll with that they are known and have a sizable fan base.
#27jaythedstryr(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 5:46:32 AM
ABrighterShadow posted...
Sora, just like Waluigi and Shulk, is hated on because he is too cool. So cool in fact, that his coolness invokes jealousy and rage upon the ignorant. They have yet to come up with a rational arguement.

You have a good point, and my question is why arent people picking more cool characters and pushing for them? I want some bada**** in the next smash not chumps like Olimar and ROB. Im just saying i want more pushes for awesome characters who have done awesome things.
#28jaythedstryr(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 5:54:40 AM
VictoryBadguy posted...
Well, I can tell you Sora wouldn't be hated nearly as much if KH didn't have one of the worst fanbases in existence.

Yeah i agree, I like KH and respect how cool it is but their boards scare me, especially their paring threads they make me shudder. Yeah they don't help themselves very much which is sad because the KH series is amazing and everyone should try it at least once.
#29Belmont_92Posted 5/18/2012 6:46:23 AM(edited)
I would main Sora if he was in because I love Kingdom Hearts, however if Square had a rep it would make more sense to pick a character from Final Fantasy (1, 4, or 6 probably), or a Dragon Quest character, maybe one of the heroes or Slime.

Kingdom Hearts started on the PS2, and before 3D it seemed that all of the most anticipated KH games were on Sony consoles while Nintendo seemed to get leftovers (I really like CoM and Days though).

Maybe if Nomura and Sakurai are friends it can happen, like how Snake got in yet he has even less to do with Nintendo. (KH has 4 original games on Nintendo consoles, before Brawl Metal Gear had 3, a port on NES, a GBC game, and a remastered version of MGS1).
#30Pikmin3000Posted 5/18/2012 7:56:11 AM
jaythedstryr posted...
I want some bada**** in the next smash not chumps like Olimar and ROB. Im just saying i want more pushes for awesome characters who have done awesome things.

Wow, I mean wow. I didn't think you could fail this hard. Is this kid 9 or something? Olimar and R.O.B. have special significance to Nintendo, Sora is just another cookie-cutter RPG protaganist, and not even that important to Nintendo.

By the way, you can say "ass", you won't get in trouble for it.
---
Expecting a witty signature?
TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!