This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are people talking about Girahim?

#1tssc_218Posted 5/29/2012 4:12:24 PM
I've come to these boards a bit more with E3 approaching, hoping that there will be some news. During this time, I've seen Girahim get thrown around simply too much for my liking.

Why do people care about him? He's a one-off character who wasn't all that interesting. It would have been like people talking about Zant getting in Brawl before that came out (although, admittedly that happened too, and Girahim is at least better than him).

What makes him likable? It's not that I dislike him, but when I played Skyward Sword, my first thought was not "Smash Bros worthy". I'd rather see Toon/Young Link given a unique moveset and, while I'm not a huge supporter, I think Tingle deserves it more
#2YoungsterJoeyJrPosted 5/29/2012 4:15:51 PM
Have you seen his tongue?
---
This sig is in memory of Pinchy, a solider who stood for justice.
#3pokemonynstynPosted 5/29/2012 4:16:55 PM
It's because he's an interesting character and a primary antagonist (albeit from one game). Tingle, on the other hand, has never had anything more than a minor role. I don't think anyone is against decloning Toon Link, but the only other somewhat acceptable candidate proposal is Impa, who really only has just about as much going for her as Ghirahim, minus his better moveset potential.
---
0818-0447-3788
Pokemon Pearl Version
#4tssc_218(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2012 4:17:11 PM
I have. It was long and glorious. But if that's how we're picking characters these days, I'd like to point you to one Gene Simmons
#5Johnman65Posted 5/29/2012 4:17:49 PM
YoungsterJoeyJr posted...
Have you seen his tongue?

The tongue, the bombastic personality, and everything else...
---
Cataclysmic Cosmos: Proud 1st place of the Glitz Pit Season 4.
Strength without compassion does not a ruler make.
#6Someguy_13Posted 5/29/2012 4:17:58 PM
He was a really good and memorable villain and character in a great game in a great series.

He could be added to the game on top of a revamped Toon Link and would have his own unique moveset.

What's not to like?
---
Brawl FC: 1633-3855-5205
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#7Ice_Dragon14Posted 5/29/2012 4:23:30 PM
I'm surprised no one used the word fabulous yet in a topic about Ghirahim
---
Official Mawile of the B2W2 boards
#8GohansephirothPosted 5/29/2012 4:32:10 PM
Ice_Dragon14 posted...

http://i53.tinypic.com/2lka2xc.gif
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss
#9JangobadassPosted 5/29/2012 4:39:43 PM
Ice_Dragon14 posted...

I was going to, but it looks like ya beat me to it *headdesk*

And why? Because he has a lot of potential. He has a really good moveset potential, we could use some more villains, and he has a great personality (I can already see his taunts and victory poses! XD )
Yes, he was in one game. But he did a lot in it.
---
http://sammyw28.deviantart.com/#/d4zvlqo
http://www.akwbooks.com/BookStore/product.php?productid=37&cat=15&page=1 (also on Amazon)
#10Pikmin3000Posted 5/29/2012 5:07:45 PM
pokemonynstyn posted...
Tingle, on the other hand, has never had anything more than a minor role.

Tingle starred in his own game, that's more than ANY other Zelda rep can provide.
---
Expecting a witty signature?
TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!