This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Smash Bros Dojo

#1BabyrichyPosted 6/4/2012 8:23:00 PM
I know we probably won't hear much this E3 about Smash Bros for WiiU, but I hope when it comes a little bit closer to the release, they do like they did with Brawl and the Smash Bros Dojo. I loved waking up every morning to see what new addition was included. It was such a great way to hype the game!
#2MukAndMewPosted 6/4/2012 8:24:04 PM
i liked the dojo as well, it was a fun time
#3COlimar788Posted 6/4/2012 8:29:38 PM
I hope that if they do another Dojo, they do it rather differently. For Brawl, the Dojo essentially revealed everything about Brawl before it was even released, resulting in critical hype backlash. If the Dojo had left a good handful of stuff as secret, from stages to even leaving a few starting characters unknown, that would have been much better I think.
---
Twilight Sparkle is best pony.
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#4pokemonynstynPosted 6/4/2012 8:58:36 PM
^This pretty much. What would be fun, I think, is making updates only for items and a handful of new features and things, leavings all the characters anonymous, but dropping their reveals by including them sort of in the background in the pictures of the items etc. being used. That would lead to a bunch of speculation and hype over who's playable and who's an Assist trophy. Imagine if they put up a picture for a Pitfall Trap and you could see Rush in the background. What a buzz that would create for Mega Man! Rush would be the series' Assist Trophy, of course.
---
0818-0447-3788
Pokemon Pearl Version
#5tssc_218Posted 6/4/2012 9:10:12 PM
It was such a great way to hype the game!

Ah, but that was the downfall of the dojo. Enough hype to get one to buy the game is good. So much hype that your expectations can't possibly be met is a bad thing
#6Doug314Posted 6/4/2012 9:26:50 PM
I'd like to see it back, too. The problem with brawl was delays. If it got released back on its original release date in December, then it wouldn't have revealed too much stuff on the dojo too long before the release. They just need to avoid delays better this time.
---
Medusa, Palutena, Isaac, Lip, Ridley, King K. Rool, Starfy, Anna, and Toad for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#7SSBR10Posted 6/4/2012 9:27:34 PM
COlimar788 posted...
I hope that if they do another Dojo, they do it rather differently. For Brawl, the Dojo essentially revealed everything about Brawl before it was even released, resulting in critical hype backlash. If the Dojo had left a good handful of stuff as secret, from stages to even leaving a few starting characters unknown, that would have been much better I think.

I'd rather they do another Dojo same way as Brawl's. I was still hyped even with all of the characters shown. Mainly because despite knowing who the characters were, I still barely got to see how they played.
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#8tssc_218Posted 6/4/2012 9:28:48 PM
Well the delays were to polish the game. I'd have rather have them delay and release a finished game than release right away and have a shoddy game