Newcomers I'd like to see. Your thoughts?

#1GreatJayGatsbyPosted 6/27/2012 5:47:55 PM
Here's a list of new folks I'd like to see. I personally would like the majority of newcomers to be nintendo characters, and I'd like to see more of their less popular series being represented. I think everyone on the list below is pretty reasonable, but I'd like to hear your opinions. I'm not asking for all of these people, but it would make me happy to see at least some of them. They are in no particular order. Everyone from Brawl is welcome to stay in my book, except *maybe* Rob and Lucario (the latter would be replaced with the new "pokemon of the day")

Feel free to rate me out of ten although that's not necessary. I'm willing to explain any of my choices if asked to do so. I won't explain them all right off the bat since most of them are pretty common or obvious choices.

FIRST PARTY:

Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)

Ray MK (Custom Robo)

Chibi Robo

Issac (Golden Sun)

Paper Mario

Little Mac(Punch-Out!)

Ridley (Metroid)

Somebody from Kid Icarus Uprising (not sure who would be best)

King K. Rool

Mii (Wii Sports, various other Wii and 3DS games)

THIRD PARTY: I'd like third party choices limited to fairly iconic gaming figures.

Megaman (Capcom)

Pacman (Namco, only because they are making the game and I'd rather him than their other characters)

Bomberman? (Hudson, now Konami I guess) don't feel too strongly about this one but could be pretty cool.

Well that's all I can think of for now. Let me know what you think.

P.S. Sorry if you are already very tired of these sorts of topics. I'm new here and just wanted to see if people would agree with most of my choices.
#2DynasticAnthonyPosted 6/27/2012 5:53:41 PM
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
HELL YES!!

Ray MK (Custom Robo)
Indifferent.

Chibi Robo
Indifferent.

Issac (Golden Sun)
YES!

Paper Mario
HELL NO!

Little Mac(Punch-Out!)
HELL YES!

Ridley (Metroid)
YES!

Somebody from Kid Icarus Uprising (not sure who would be best)
Palutena

King K. Rool
HELL YES!

Mii (Wii Sports, various other Wii and 3DS games)
HELL NO!

THIRD PARTY: I'd like third party choices limited to fairly iconic gaming figures.

Megaman (Capcom)
Why not?

Pacman (Namco, only because they are making the game and I'd rather him than their other characters)
Why not?

Bomberman? (Hudson, now Konami I guess) don't feel too strongly about this one but could be pretty cool.
Indifferent.
---
Waluigi for Super Smash Bros. 4! I HAVE FURY!
Currently playing: Smash Bros. Brawl, Bowser's Inside Story, Lollipop Chainsaw.
#3Undead SaintPosted 6/27/2012 6:03:27 PM
Are issac and isaac two different golden sun characters?
---
Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.
What's up with the parentheses in random places?-Gamemaster1212
#4GreatJayGatsby(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2012 7:32:15 PM
Undead Saint posted...

Yea, one of them doesn't nitpick about spelling on video game forums; the other one is a dick.
#5Undead SaintPosted 6/27/2012 7:38:56 PM
GreatJayGatsby posted...
Undead Saint posted...

Yea, one of them doesn't nitpick about spelling on video game forums; the other one is a dick.

I havent finished Golden sun 3 yet and was curious if there were a similarly-named character in it.

You know like in the dreamcast RPG Skies of Arcadia where you find another party with names similar to the main cast but with slight spelling differences. IIRC, Vyse became Vise and Aika became Anita. They looked similar and even had similar attacks.
---
Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.
What's up with the parentheses in random places?-Gamemaster1212
#6IronChef_KirbyPosted 6/27/2012 7:56:42 PM(edited)
Well, welcome to the SSB4 boards! Here are my thoughts.

FIRST PARTY:

Tom Nook (Animal Crossing): Absolutely; I would love to see him playable.

Ray MK (Custom Robo): I don't know much about Custom Robo at all, but Ray MK definitely looks cool, so I'd be okay with him.

Chibi Robo: Eh... I thought Chibi Robo was pretty forgettable. I'd rather not see Chibi Robo in SSB4.

Issac (Golden Sun): I don't play Golden Sun, but I'm under the impression that Isaac is really popular and has a pretty cool design in my opinion, so sure, why not?

Paper Mario: Paper Mario is my second or third most wanted character. I would love to have him in the game.

Little Mac(Punch-Out!): Sure. Could be fun.

Ridley (Metroid): I definitely want Ridley playable.

Somebody from Kid Icarus Uprising (not sure who would be best): Agreed. I too am not sure who would be the best candidate though.

King K. Rool: I definitely want King K. Rool playable. I love that blunderbuss.

Mii (Wii Sports, various other Wii and 3DS games): I want Miis to stay the hell away from SSB, unless they are taking the position of "Fighting Bland Baddies Team". I hate how they sound, I hate how they look, and no matter how you slice it, they're a recipe for disaster from a gameplay perspective. Customizable characters are practically begging to be overpowered, but then again, a moveset based off the games they starred in would be soulless and bland, just like the games they starred in. I won't deny that the Wii Wagglefest games have sold well, but that certainly doesn't mean I want to see Miis playable.

Megaman (Capcom): Sure.

Pacman (Namco, only because they are making the game and I'd rather him than their other characters): Sure.

Bomberman? (Hudson, now Konami I guess) don't feel too strongly about this one but could be pretty cool. ): Eh. I wouldn't be too thrilled for Bomberman.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N5pP6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5Of7P.jpg
#7endlessbonbonzPosted 6/27/2012 8:07:46 PM
they all suck 0/1000000000000000000000000000000000000
---
NO WALUIGI for Sm4sh!
#8endlessbonbonzPosted 6/27/2012 8:08:22 PM
10/10 if KI character is a gurl
0/10 if it's a boy
---
NO WALUIGI for Sm4sh!
#9PaperBandana23Posted 6/27/2012 8:26:05 PM
8/10

What I love: Paper Mario, Little Mac, Tom Nook, King K. Rool
Mega Man, Kid Icarus rep, and Pac-Man.

What is okay: Isaac, Ridley, Ray MK, and Mii.

What I dislike: Chibi Robo and Bomberman(love Bomberman but he's not likely).
#10GreatJayGatsby(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2012 8:37:15 PM
Undead Saint posted...
GreatJayGatsby posted...
Undead Saint posted...

I havent finished Golden sun 3 yet and was curious if there were a similarly-named character in it.

You know like in the dreamcast RPG Skies of Arcadia where you find another party with names similar to the main cast but with slight spelling differences. IIRC, Vyse became Vise and Aika became Anita. They looked similar and even had similar attacks.

My sincere apologies, I totally mistook your honest question for sarcasm. To answer your question more politely, it was just a typo on my part. Guess it was me being a dick here... sorry for that.