This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Namco's Teaser Site Updated

#271JunDagekiPosted 7/4/2012 6:11:26 PM
DynasticAnthony posted...
Sakurai could have told the guys at Namco that title was fine.

Sakurai is not in charge of Namco-Bandai's properties.

He doesn't has to.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#272Nate_DihldorffPosted 7/4/2012 6:13:20 PM
JunDageki posted...
Anyone who thinks this has anything to do with Super Smash doesn't know how trademarks and copyrights work.

It is said already that Namco is working or helping work for this game. in other words if this is really smash bros, then they could had easily obtained permission to advertise Smash in their website.

This doesn't goes against trademarks and copyrights if it's credited and allowed.

Yes it does. Nintendo is owner and dictator of all things Super Smash Bros. related. The very fact that "All Star Battle" is a trademark of Namco-Bandai Games Inc. means it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Super Smash Bros.
---
Random GameFAQs user: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#273DynasticAnthonyPosted 7/4/2012 6:13:55 PM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
Sakurai could have told the guys at Namco that title was fine.

Sakurai is not in charge of Namco-Bandai's properties.

He's created Smash. Namco needs permission from Sakurai before advertising. Everyone knows that.

Sakurai could have told them it was fine to advertise it. If this is indeed Smash, I'm sure Sakurai already saw the website and said it was fine. Otherwise, it would not be here.
---
WALUIGI for sm4sh! Not removing until Waluigi appears in a main series Mario title. Currently playing: Smash Bros. Brawl, Lollipop Chainsaw.
#274DynasticAnthonyPosted 7/4/2012 6:15:51 PM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
JunDageki posted...
Anyone who thinks this has anything to do with Super Smash doesn't know how trademarks and copyrights work.

It is said already that Namco is working or helping work for this game. in other words if this is really smash bros, then they could had easily obtained permission to advertise Smash in their website.

This doesn't goes against trademarks and copyrights if it's credited and allowed.

Yes it does. Nintendo is owner and dictator of all things Super Smash Bros. related. The very fact that "All Star Battle" is a trademark of Namco-Bandai Games Inc. means it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Super Smash Bros.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._(series)

Sakurai created the game. Sakurai developed the game. Nintendo publishes the titles.
---
WALUIGI for sm4sh! Not removing until Waluigi appears in a main series Mario title. Currently playing: Smash Bros. Brawl, Lollipop Chainsaw.
#275L_M_4Posted 7/4/2012 6:16:57 PM
I'm pretty sure this is either TxSF or something completely irrelevant.
---
Psn: BloodFalcon
#276JunDagekiPosted 7/4/2012 6:19:08 PM(edited)

Where do you get that All Star Battle is the title of the game and that it's Namco Bandai's Trademark?
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#277ToadkartPosted 7/4/2012 6:19:43 PM
L_M_4 posted...

Why would they do a big countdown site just for TxSF? We just got SFxT a few months ago.
#278L_M_4Posted 7/4/2012 6:21:46 PM
Just seems a bit fishy that we're confirmed to be getting news about it from the 5th to the 8th, which just happens to be when a counter on a namcobandai site will run out.
---
Psn: BloodFalcon
#279SSBR10Posted 7/4/2012 6:24:14 PM(edited)
SO CLOSE!!! http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/newtitle/

Here's what I'm guessing:

-The horse pulling the wagon thing could be a ref to Prof. Layton?
-The Statue of Liberty might be referencing the infamous training scene from Punch-Out!!

-The nautilus might reference King K. Rool's ship in DKC3.

-The cow, I have no idea.

-The aquarium, maybe Starfy?

-Rasins could mean the release date. There is four rasins, 2014?

-The ocean and sun are an obvious ref to Brawl's opening

I gotta admit, these are good theories.

As for the cow...maybe Animal Crossing? Or a ranch in one of the Zelda games? Ah I don't' know, I'm just guessing too. lol

L_M_4 posted...

Could TxSF really be considered an "all-star" game?
---
Little Mac, Mega Man, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#280pholiciousPosted 7/4/2012 6:25:29 PM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
It's so close my friends, so closeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I know!!!

It won't let me post multiple "W"s because it's banned, wat?

people used to stretch boards by using w's in their topic titles.
---
Number of times people used it's instead of its: 1,500
Number of Topics Killed: 291