My Long and thought out letter to Nintendo about Waluigi's relevance

#31Blazekicker27Posted 8/6/2012 3:46:17 PM
DynasticAnthony posted...
Blazekicker27 posted...
I'm neutral towards Waluigi, so I'm neutral towards a Waluigi game. If it happens, cool. If it doesn't, oh well. But then again, Charles Martinet says he wants a Waluigi game as well, so who knows...maybe he can work something out with Nintendo. IMO a Bowser game is what's really overdue.

Not a game of his own, an appearance in a main Mario or Wario game.

Oops, my bad! I thought we were talking about his own game >.<...Yeah, Waluigi should definitely appear in a Wario game, either WarioWare and/or Wario Lands. He could be a co-op character in one of the land games. I mean, he IS Wario's partner, he deserves to actually be in his games as more than a simple cameo. I guess it would also be cool to see him actually doing something in one of the main Mario games, but I wouldn't mind if he doesn't appear in those...although Davidk92's idea of Wario and Waluigi teaming up with the Mario Bros. in the next Mario & Luigi RPG sounds cool.

Speaking of a Waluigi game, though, have you heard of a fan game called Psycho Waluigi?
---
Blaziken - the ORIGINAL Fire/Fighting starter.
Carrying a big ass drum in 90+ degrees during rehearsals is the worst part of band...but it's still fun =D - Me
#32DynasticAnthony(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2012 3:49:13 PM
Blazekicker27 posted...
DynasticAnthony posted...
Blazekicker27 posted...
I'm neutral towards Waluigi, so I'm neutral towards a Waluigi game. If it happens, cool. If it doesn't, oh well. But then again, Charles Martinet says he wants a Waluigi game as well, so who knows...maybe he can work something out with Nintendo. IMO a Bowser game is what's really overdue.

Not a game of his own, an appearance in a main Mario or Wario game.

Oops, my bad! I thought we were talking about his own game >.<...Yeah, Waluigi should definitely appear in a Wario game, either WarioWare and/or Wario Lands. He could be a co-op character in one of the land games. I mean, he IS Wario's partner, he deserves to actually be in his games as more than a simple cameo. I guess it would also be cool to see him actually doing something in one of the main Mario games, but I wouldn't mind if he doesn't appear in those...although Davidk92's idea of Wario and Waluigi teaming up with the Mario Bros. in the next Mario & Luigi RPG sounds cool.

Speaking of a Waluigi game, though, have you heard of a fan game called Psycho Waluigi?

Yes I have, and it's pretty cool.
---
My long and thought-out letter to Nintendo about Waluigi's relevance: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/63648396
#33Jiro911Posted 8/6/2012 4:08:36 PM
I wonder if Littlejeffery still posts...
---
Brawl Friendcode: 4854-6099-1628
Wizard fet http://tinypic.com/r/287nd4m/7
#34pokemonynstynPosted 8/6/2012 4:29:55 PM
M&L 4 with Wario and Waluigi
---
Replace
#35SpunkySixPosted 8/6/2012 4:31:40 PM
pokemonynstyn posted...

Nope, Wario and Waluigi can't do anything in the RPGs, sorry. Nintendo's arbitrary rules, not mine.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
#36pokemonynstynPosted 8/6/2012 4:43:36 PM
A tip for your letter: You use a lot of the same words over and over again (popularity, long overdue, etc.) Bust out a thesaurus, it'll benefit you.
---
Replace
#37albertojz356Posted 8/6/2012 4:50:56 PM(edited)
SpunkySix posted...
pokemonynstyn posted...

Nope, Wario and Waluigi can't do anything in the RPGs, sorry. Nintendo's arbitrary rules, not mine.

Flawed way of thinking. There is no "arbritary rule" at all, Waluigi and Wario are perfectly eligible for Mario RPG's. If there were ever an arbitrary rule then we'd never have the possibility to play as Peach or Bowser or much less characters like Geno and Mallow in the Mario RPGs.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Caeda, Dixie, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#38DynasticAnthony(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2012 5:15:45 PM
pokemonynstyn posted...
A tip for your letter: You use a lot of the same words over and over again (popularity, long overdue, etc.) Bust out a thesaurus, it'll benefit you.

Is there a problem, is there a problem with that?
---
My long and thought-out letter to Nintendo about Waluigi's relevance: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/63648396
#39SpunkySixPosted 8/6/2012 5:17:54 PM
albertojz356 posted...
SpunkySix posted...
pokemonynstyn posted...

Flawed way of thinking. There is no "arbritary rule" at all, Waluigi and Wario are perfectly eligible for Mario RPG's. If there were ever an arbitrary rule then we'd never have the possibility to play as Peach or Bowser or much less characters like Geno and Mallow in the Mario RPGs.

Face it, they'd rather use two toads in NSMB games than the Wario Bros scaled. They aren't going to be in an RPG any time soon because Nintendo is the most stubborn thing ever.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
#40MuTeKiKenPosted 8/6/2012 6:22:29 PM
I feel that Nintendo wants to not use characters from different games to necessarily be together in 1. Wario could be in more Mario games but being in Mario 64 DS was just for filler (I wonder if they thought of using a recolored Toad or even Yoshi) and Luigi wasn't even in Mario 64 or Sunshine.

They might want to keep the cast at a minimum most of the time, therefore no need for even Birdo to appear. Other spin-offs have their own rules so it doesn't matter who they choose as long as it's not a main Mario platformer. Even then, Wario platformers never had a second player (wondering when the next title is) and WarioWare really is it's own entity with Wario slapped on it.

Finally, they fear that the character is hated more than loved. Sure, in spin-offs you can choose to play as him, but in say NSMBW the fourth player is forced to use Waluigi and the third Wario, characters not regularly seen in main titles. 64 DS might've been an experiment to test Wario on the audience, and nobody/not enough cared for him or the missing link.

In the end, sure it's fan-service to some (me included. I want Wario+Waluigi starring in a platformer dammit!) but not most.
---
Currently playing - A game for hardcore fans only