Pit must be removed from this game.

#11LegendofLegaiaPosted 10/13/2012 9:22:59 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
Your "son" blocked me from PMing him.

My son can do whatever he wants with his account.

I just felt like mentioning it, is all.

He misinterpreted what I was saying about the definition of the word fad entirely.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Samurai Goroh_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#12The_Nega_ShadowPosted 10/13/2012 9:23:28 AM
Mario and Donkey Kong must also be removed, because they were based off of Popeye and Bluto and are therefore ineligible for Smash.
---
The official District Attorney of the Super Smash Bros Wii U board
Praise the lord, our one true Fonz!
#13eellliiootttPosted 10/13/2012 9:23:55 AM
No matter what he was based on, it doesn't change the fact that Pit himself originiated in a video game.
---
Not changing this sig until Masked Man or Porky is playable in a Smash bros game
#14ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 9:24:46 AM
LegendofLegaia posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...

He misinterpreted what I was saying about the definition of the word fad entirely.

Perhaps you should use a better definition with him next time. He's a smart kid but you can't expect him to work miracles when there's nothing to work with.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Official Batman of the SSB4 Board
#15LegendofLegaiaPosted 10/13/2012 9:25:14 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...

Perhaps you should use a better definition with him next time. He's a smart kid but you can't expect him to work miracles when there's nothing to work with.

I tried to explain, but he kind of blocked me.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Samurai Goroh_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#16ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 9:27:20 AM
eellliioottt posted...
No matter what he was based on, it doesn't change the fact that Pit himself originiated in a video game.

No he didn't. Pit himself is an adaptation of cupid. His origin is not a video game. Before there was Pit there was Cupid. You cannot possibly say Pit originated in a game when he character's idea was preceded by mythology.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
#17pafbonkPosted 10/13/2012 9:28:25 AM
Sonic must also be removed because he's a hedgehog. Hedgehogs didn't originate from video games.
---
What is above this line is probably made of win.
#18eellliiootttPosted 10/13/2012 9:28:26 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
eellliioottt posted...

No he didn't. Pit himself is an adaptation of cupid. His origin is not a video game. Before there was Pit there was Cupid. You cannot possibly say Pit originated in a game when he character's idea was preceded by mythology.

Yes, his idea originated elsewhere. But Pit, as in the actual character Pit, the guy you play as, originated in a game.
---
Not changing this sig until Masked Man or Porky is playable in a Smash bros game
#19ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 9:29:07 AM
LegendofLegaia posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...

I tried to explain, but he kind of blocked me.

Not my problem.
---
#20Kagemusha_OulmnPosted 10/13/2012 9:31:07 AM
Actually, while the pronunciation "Kyuupiddo" is commonly used today (due to the influence of English on Japanese), Japanese scholars prefer "Kupiidou" (based on the Latin Cupido) and alternative pronunciations include "Kyuupitto" (retained as the name of a small Japanese supermarket chain) and "Kupitto," both of which include Pit's name entirely unaltered.
---
Series that desperately need another game:
LoZ:FS, BoF, Chrono and MM:L (You were so close, my friend!)