This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pit must be removed from this game.

#31GactivefyPosted 10/13/2012 8:45:58 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...

Fine. King Supez didn't originate in comics. He originated in Superman 64.

Anything is possible when you discard critical elements of a character's origins and make arbitrary distinctions. I'm on a horse.

you, sir, are clearly the master troll of this board

this isn't saying much

in the slightest, really
---
"Stop it with the sexual innuendos, guys. This is a serious question." - Meteorites, R.I.P. 2005-2012
you will always be loved
#32LegendofLegaiaPosted 10/13/2012 8:46:53 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
eellliioottt posted...
No matter what he was based on, it doesn't change the fact that Pit himself originiated in a video game.

No he didn't. Pit himself is an adaptation of cupid. His origin is not a video game. Before there was Pit there was Cupid. You cannot possibly say Pit originated in a game when he character's idea was preceded by mythology.

Pit still isn't Cupid, with a significant difference being that Pit isn't even a god, just a general of an angel army (or something like that).

To say that Pit didn't originate in video games because his design is based off of a character from mythology is like saying that Ryu didn't originate from Street Fighter because he's not the first character in history to wear white clothes, a black belt, and a headband.

Anything is possible when you discard critical elements of a character's origins and make arbitrary distinctions. I'm on a horse.

The key difference being that Kid Icarus stars Pit, not Cupid.

Superman 64 still starred Superman.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Samurai Goroh_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#33ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 8:49:19 AM
LegendofLegaia posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
eellliioottt posted...
No matter what he was based on, it doesn't change the fact that Pit himself originiated in a video game.

No he didn't. Pit himself is an adaptation of cupid. His origin is not a video game. Before there was Pit there was Cupid. You cannot possibly say Pit originated in a game when he character's idea was preceded by mythology.

Pit still isn't Cupid, with a significant difference being that Pit isn't even a god, just a general of an angel army (or something like that).

To say that Pit didn't originate in video games because his design is based off of a character from mythology is like saying that Ryu didn't originate from Street Fighter because he's not the first character in history to wear white clothes, a black belt, and a headband.

The key difference being that Kid Icarus stars Pit, not Cupid.

Superman 64 still starred Superman.

Doesn't matter. Pit is heavily based on Cupid, just as Supez is heavily based on Superman. Pit makes some departures from Cupid just as S64 Superman doesn't completely match comic book Superman.

If you're going to arbitrarily disconnect Pit from Cupid then I can arbitrarily disconnect Supez from Superman.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Official Batman of the SSB4 Board
#34dedekongPosted 10/13/2012 8:50:19 AM
Who cares? Dark Pit is readily available to replace pit.
#35eellliiootttPosted 10/13/2012 8:50:20 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...

Doesn't matter. Pit is heavily based on Cupid, just as Supez is heavily based on Superman. Pit makes some departures from Cupid just as S64 Superman doesn't completely match comic book Superman.

If you're going to arbitrarily disconnect Pit from Cupid then I can arbitrarily disconnect Supez from Superman.

Except he's never called Supez and he does completely match the Superman from the animated show that was running at the time.
---
Not changing this sig until Masked Man or Porky is playable in a Smash bros game
#36ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 8:53:06 AM
eellliioottt posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

Except he's never called Supez and he does completely match the Superman from the animated show that was running at the time.

No he doesn't. The animated series did not revolve around Superman saving his friends by flying through rings.

Superman personally told the BROTRRhood that he wants to be called Supez.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
#37eellliiootttPosted 10/13/2012 8:53:50 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
eellliioottt posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

No he doesn't. The animated series did not revolve around Superman saving his friends by flying through rings.

Superman personally told the BROTRRhood that he wants to be called Supez

And all logic in this argument is lost now
---
Not changing this sig until Masked Man or Porky is playable in a Smash bros game
#38Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 10/13/2012 8:54:04 AM
BROTRR Gene, you are my idol.
---
Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility."-P. Parker
3DS FC: 4339-2716-5379
#39ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 8:54:54 AM
dedekong posted...
Who cares? Dark Pit is readily available to replace pit.

Dark Pit still owes his origins to Cupid indirectly. He's based on Pit who is based on Cupid. Remove Cupid from the chain and the other two links fall off.
---
#40ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 8:56:25 AM
eellliioottt posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
eellliioottt posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

Superman personally told the BROTRRhood that he wants to be called Supez

And all logic in this argument is lost now

Show me your proof that Superman DOESN'T want us to call him that. I met him in person, and my observations invalidate all claims that Superman ONLY exists in fiction.
---