Pit must be removed from this game.

#41eellliiootttPosted 10/13/2012 9:58:36 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
eellliioottt posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
eellliioottt posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

Doesn't matter. Pit is heavily based on Cupid, just as Supez is heavily based on Superman. Pit makes some departures from Cupid just as S64 Superman doesn't completely match comic book Superman.

If you're going to arbitrarily disconnect Pit from Cupid then I can arbitrarily disconnect Supez from Superman.

Except he's never called Supez and he does completely match the Superman from the animated show that was running at the time.

No he doesn't. The animated series did not revolve around Superman saving his friends by flying through rings.

Superman personally told the BROTRRhood that he wants to be called Supez

And all logic in this argument is lost now

Show me your proof that Superman DOESN'T want us to call him that. I met him in person, and my observations invalidate all claims that Superman ONLY exists in fiction.

Show me your proof that you ever met Superman or any proof that he's real. And if he was real, then he obviously didn't originate in a video game.
---
Not changing this sig until Masked Man or Porky is playable in a Smash bros game
#42dedekongPosted 10/13/2012 9:59:15 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
dedekong posted...
Who cares? Dark Pit is readily available to replace pit.

Dark Pit still owes his origins to Cupid indirectly. He's based on Pit who is based on Cupid. Remove Cupid from the chain and the other two links fall off.

By this logic no characters will be playable at all. Not that this is sound logic anyway, but it pretty much blocks out all characters.
#43LegendofLegaiaPosted 10/13/2012 10:00:59 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Doesn't matter. Pit is heavily based on Cupid, just as Supez is heavily based on Superman. Pit makes some departures from Cupid just as S64 Superman doesn't completely match comic book Superman.

If you're going to arbitrarily disconnect Pit from Cupid then I can arbitrarily disconnect Supez from Superman.

In Superman 64, you're playing as Superman. Just because the internet refers to him as Supez as a joke doesn't mean that the developers of the game intended for Superman in Superman 64 to be a different character from Superman.

In Kid Icarus, however, it's established that Pit is a different character from Cupid. Yes, his design is based off of Cupid, but he has a couple of significant differences between the character. He's not the god of desire/love, he's just an angel in an angel army that's dedicated to serving a goddess. From what I've played of the Kid Icarus game, Pit also doesn't have the ability to make people fall in love, which is something that is heavily connected to Cupid.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Samurai Goroh_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#44SoulstrikesPosted 10/13/2012 10:03:07 AM
10/10 would read again.
---
BW FC: 4384 5911 2850
#45LegendofLegaiaPosted 10/13/2012 10:03:10 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
No he doesn't. The animated series did not revolve around Superman saving his friends by flying through rings.

Because the animated series never took place in Lex Luther's virtual world.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Samurai Goroh_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#46Catcher_FreemanPosted 10/13/2012 10:05:00 AM
Pit also doesn't have the ability to make people fall in love

He's a chick magnet though, as seen in Uprising.
---
Swagodile's alt.
#47ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 10:06:44 AM
eellliioottt posted...

Show me your proof that you ever met Superman or any proof that he's real. And if he was real, then he obviously didn't originate in a video game.

My proof is only presentable offline. Doesn't mean I don't have proof. And you not believing me does not make me wrong. Nobody believed Galileo when he said Earth orbits the sun. Doesn't mean he was wrong when he said it.

Doesn't matter if Supez didn't originate in a game. Pit didn't either. He owes a significant part of his origins to Cupid. To ignore the link between Pit and Cupid is to ignore a critical component of his origins.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Official Batman of the SSB4 Board
#48Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 10/13/2012 10:07:22 AM
LegendofLegaia posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

In Superman 64, you're playing as Superman. Just because the internet refers to him as Supez as a joke doesn't mean that the developers of the game intended for Superman in Superman 64 to be a different character from Superman.

In Kid Icarus, however, it's established that Pit is a different character from Cupid. Yes, his design is based off of Cupid, but he has a couple of significant differences between the character. He's not the god of desire/love, he's just an angel in an angel army that's dedicated to serving a goddess. From what I've played of the Kid Icarus game, Pit also doesn't have the ability to make people fall in love, which is something that is heavily connected to Cupid.

Supez is a nickname. A glorious nickname. Just like how you call your best friends/brother/etc. via nicknames, we the BROTRRhood call SuperMan Supez as a name of honor. Superman, or should I say, Supez, is our best friend, our biggest BROTRR and our King.
---
Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility."-P. Parker
3DS FC: 4339-2716-5379
#49ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2012 10:12:10 AM
LegendofLegaia posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

Doesn't matter. A character doesn't have to completely follow their origins to be significantly related to his origins. Pit is significantly similar to Cupid for the reasons I listed in the OP, even if the comparison isn't perfect.

Supez doesn't perfectly match Superman in S64's gameplay either. Animated Superman doesn't fly through rings regularly. Animated Superman doesn't need tokens to use superpowers. Animated Superman is bulletproof but not 64 Superman. These differences are as real as the differences you identified for Pit. But both characters are still significantly similar to something else. Pit is significantly similar to Cupid, as is animated Superman to 64 Superman. But you're arbitrarily separating Cupid from Pit. So I can arbitrarily separate 64 Superman from animated Superman.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
Official Batman of the SSB4 Board
#50eellliiootttPosted 10/13/2012 10:14:16 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

Doesn't matter. A character doesn't have to completely follow their origins to be significantly related to his origins. Pit is significantly similar to Cupid for the reasons I listed in the OP, even if the comparison isn't perfect.

Supez doesn't perfectly match Superman in S64's gameplay either. Animated Superman doesn't fly through rings regularly. Animated Superman doesn't need tokens to use superpowers. Animated Superman is bulletproof but not 64 Superman. These differences are as real as the differences you identified for Pit. But both characters are still significantly similar to something else. Pit is significantly similar to Cupid, as is animated Superman to 64 Superman. But you're arbitrarily separating Cupid from Pit. So I can arbitrarily separate 64 Superman from animated Superman.

You're forgetting one key point. The developers intended for the Superman 64 Superman to actually be the character Superman and he was. Pit was never intended to actually be Cupid and he wasn't
---
Not changing this sig until Masked Man or Porky is playable in a Smash bros game