If Waluigi is playable, will the bar be LOWERED?

#1dedekongPosted 11/9/2012 5:52:35 PM
Looking at any particular smash roster, you can see that Sakurai has some standards when picking who gets to be playable. The characters that have been playable are iconic, non-filler, and play a major significant position in their series... and possibly Nintendo as a whole.

If Sakurai just starts putting generic and filler characters in, then who knows how low the standards for Smash will go. Sakurai has to uphold some sort of high standard for his selections, or else the Smash series will be no better than Playstation All Stars.. which is just embarrassing.

So if characters like Waluigi (filler, generic, and/or unimportant) are made playable, will the bar be lowered?
#2ViewtifulGenePosted 11/9/2012 5:56:13 PM
In fairness most of the major characters have already been added.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#3Charizard18Posted 11/9/2012 5:56:52 PM
I don't KNOW. Still better than DARK Pit, in my opinion, but I welcome any NEWCOMERS. Even Waluigi and Dark Pit.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
Support Project Crystallis! http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
#4dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 5:58:08 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
In fairness most of the major characters have already been added.

There are still plenty of main protagonist, main antagonist, and important characters yet to be picked for Smash. There are even enough series yet to be repped that could easily fill the roster.

Keeping up high standards for smash isn't really that hard.
#5dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 5:58:57 PM
Charizard18 posted...
I don't KNOW. Still better than DARK Pit, in my opinion, but I welcome any NEWCOMERS. Even Waluigi and Dark Pit.

Dark Pit is more important than Waluigi. He is basically the Wolf of the Kid Icarus series. >_>
#6epik_fail1Posted 11/9/2012 5:59:33 PM
someone watched too much South Park... I must admit I kinda agree with you though.
---
Mewtwo, Lucario and Zoroark (or) Victini all deserve to be in SSB4
People who agree : 37
#7LegendofLegaiaPosted 11/9/2012 6:00:14 PM
Not that I support Waluigi, but can you really say that Sakurai has high standards after he's added Dr. Mario and Pichu?
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#8strife14467Posted 11/9/2012 6:03:16 PM
epik_fail1 posted...
someone watched too much South Park

Crap, I was just about to suggest that James Cameron would need to go raise it.
---
my consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3, and XBOX
#9Charizard18Posted 11/9/2012 6:06:09 PM
dedekong posted...
Charizard18 posted...

Dark Pit is more important than Waluigi. He is basically the Wolf of the Kid Icarus series. >_>

I know, I'm just messing with ya.

For me, whoever gets in gets in. I don't have any wanted newcomers. One of the greatest joys of Smash for me is getting the new game and seeing who's made it in the roster. It's always an exciting moment. So even if I don't like Character A or B, if they get in it should be fine. No bar being lowered or anything. Even with Dojo revealing characters, it was still fun to start up Brawl and check who made it.

...okay, I do have a wanted newcomer, but it's an impossible third party rep >___> (Magus or any other character from Chrono Trigger). Which is why I pretty much don't have a wanted newcomer since that's just a dream. More Mother characters I guess would be nice, but now I'm getting off topic.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
Support Project Crystallis! http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
#10Poopcorn13Posted 11/9/2012 6:06:14 PM
I don't think Sakurai is the type to shy away from fan-service after adding characters like Dr. Mario, Pichu, Ice-Climbers even.
---
Oh joy.