This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Waluigi is playable, will the bar be LOWERED?

#41HeaderHogPosted 11/9/2012 6:53:19 PM
AwesomeAshley posted...

Double standard, tsk tsk.

But in all seriousness, since when is Diddy Kong not filler? They only made him so Donkey Kong could take another hit.

Diddy Kong MAY have been made as filler, but was eventually developed as a fully fleshed-out character. So, unless Rosalina was used in more games as something other than a filler character, (I.e. her role in Mario Kart and possibly other Mario sport games) as would Waluigi, then neither of the two would be in SSB4.
Instead, why don't we think of possible first party reps that have been fleshed out that we can use.
---
I fell off a cliff and into an endless hole. WHADDAYA MEAN I DON'T DIE FROM THAT?!
#42HeaderHogPosted 11/9/2012 6:54:36 PM
Redundant Bump.
---
I fell off a cliff and into an endless hole. WHADDAYA MEAN I DON'T DIE FROM THAT?!
#43AwesomeAshleyPosted 11/9/2012 6:55:30 PM
HeaderHog posted...
AwesomeAshley posted...

Double standard, tsk tsk.

But in all seriousness, since when is Diddy Kong not filler? They only made him so Donkey Kong could take another hit.

Diddy Kong MAY have been made as filler, but was eventually developed as a fully fleshed-out character. So, unless Rosalina was used in more games as something other than a filler character, (I.e. her role in Mario Kart and possibly other Mario sport games) as would Waluigi, then neither of the two would be in SSB4.
Instead, why don't we think of possible first party reps that have been fleshed out that we can use.

I'm poking fun at TC's mentality that a character's initial purpose is their only purpose. Try playing as Waluigi, you might actually notice that he has a personality.
---
You better be afraid of the great Ashley!
#44AwesomeAshleyPosted 11/9/2012 6:58:07 PM
EJW posted...
AwesomeAshley posted...

Are you really being serious? He's a playable character in HOW MANY MAJOR DK GAMES?

Dark Pit is playable in HOW MANY MAJOR KID ICARUS GAMES?

Similarly, Waluigi is playable in HOW MANY MAJOR MARIO SPORT GAMES?

TC thinks a character's initial purpose is their only purpose. I'm pointing out how stupid that is.
---
#45HeaderHogPosted 11/9/2012 7:02:28 PM
Play as WaLuigi in one of the Mario Sparta games?
---
#46dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 7:02:51 PM
bronzefrog posted...
Then Dark Link was in Brawl too. Therefore due to you changing the goal posts, Dark Pit is only as important as Dark Link, and only qualifies as a palette swap for the real Pit. He will never be a separate character. This is indisputable. Do not try to dispute it.

One difference: Dark Pit has developed.

AwesomeAshley posted...

TC thinks a character's initial purpose is their only purpose. I'm pointing out how stupid that is.

Ok.. but Waluigi's role in those games are of the same value as a Koopa.. except Koopa's are at least in the canon games. Dark Pit's role in one game far more significant than all of Waluigi's roles combined. Just a testament to how pointless he is.
#47AwesomeAshleyPosted 11/9/2012 7:04:31 PM
dedekong posted...
bronzefrog posted...
Then Dark Link was in Brawl too. Therefore due to you changing the goal posts, Dark Pit is only as important as Dark Link, and only qualifies as a palette swap for the real Pit. He will never be a separate character. This is indisputable. Do not try to dispute it.

AwesomeAshley posted...

Ok.. but Waluigi's role in those games are of the same value as a Koopa.. except Koopa's are at least in the canon games. Dark Pit's role in one game far more significant than all of Waluigi's roles combined. Just a testament to how pointless he is.

The closest thing to a story the sport games have is the intros. Waluigi does have a big role in those.
---
#48bronzefrogPosted 11/9/2012 7:07:53 PM
dedekong posted...
bronzefrog posted...

Irrelevant. The fame of the Super Smash Brothers Brawl is much more than that of the Kid Icarus for the Nintendo Triple Dual Screens. Many Much More people know of the palette swap of Pit than they do about the Darker Pit. Darker Pit had a chance to break out, but it did not go to the length that Nintendo wished for. Dark Pit will never amount to anything more in the world of infamy other than a palette swap of Pit.

Dark Pit will never be any more playable than Dark Link, who has been in more games and featured as a memorable enemy in more memorable games, and yet remains a palette swap.

Waluigi on the other hand has a distinctive design over that of Luigi. If you were to see just the outlines of their character frame, you would be able to tell the difference between the two easily. This is strong character art design. The same cannot be said about Dark Pit or Dark Link.

This is indisputable. You have no proof that it is otherwise.
---
Soul Eater - One Piece - Shingeki no Kyojin - Vinland Saga - Yu Yu Hakusho - Planetes - Break Blade - Beelzebub - The Breaker
#49HeaderHogPosted 11/9/2012 7:09:12 PM
Lol. Remember that one in Toadstool Tour where Waluigi kept trying to get the ball into the hole, but kept failing considerably?
---
#50dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 7:23:11 PM
bronzefrog posted...
Irrelevant. The fame of the Super Smash Brothers Brawl is much more than that of the Kid Icarus for the Nintendo Triple Dual Screens. Many Much More people know of the palette swap of Pit than they do about the Darker Pit. Darker Pit had a chance to break out, but it did not go to the length that Nintendo wished for. Dark Pit will never amount to anything more in the world of infamy other than a palette swap of Pit.

Dark Pit will never be any more playable than Dark Link, who has been in more games and featured as a memorable enemy in more memorable games, and yet remains a palette swap.

Waluigi on the other hand has a distinctive design over that of Luigi. If you were to see just the outlines of their character frame, you would be able to tell the difference between the two easily. This is strong character art design. The same cannot be said about Dark Pit or Dark Link.

Comparing Exposure to Character Development?

Ok.

Sakurai tweeted a Dark Pit outline before. It was pretty obvious who it was too.