If Waluigi is playable, will the bar be LOWERED?

#51bronzefrogPosted 11/9/2012 8:26:27 PM
dedekong posted...
bronzefrog posted...
Irrelevant. The fame of the Super Smash Brothers Brawl is much more than that of the Kid Icarus for the Nintendo Triple Dual Screens. Many Much More people know of the palette swap of Pit than they do about the Darker Pit. Darker Pit had a chance to break out, but it did not go to the length that Nintendo wished for. Dark Pit will never amount to anything more in the world of infamy other than a palette swap of Pit.

Dark Pit will never be any more playable than Dark Link, who has been in more games and featured as a memorable enemy in more memorable games, and yet remains a palette swap.

Waluigi on the other hand has a distinctive design over that of Luigi. If you were to see just the outlines of their character frame, you would be able to tell the difference between the two easily. This is strong character art design. The same cannot be said about Dark Pit or Dark Link.

Comparing Exposure to Character Development?

Ok.

I warned you that it could not be disputed.

Sakurai tweeted a Dark Pit outline before. It was pretty obvious who it was too.

Because it was in the same pose as the official art of Dark Pit? Or are you talking about another one?
---
Soul Eater - One Piece - Shingeki no Kyojin - Vinland Saga - Yu Yu Hakusho - Planetes - Break Blade - Beelzebub - The Breaker
#52dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 8:29:33 PM
bronzefrog posted...
Because it was in the same pose as the official art of Dark Pit? Or are you talking about another one?

Yeah it was the same.
#53bronzefrogPosted 11/9/2012 8:33:33 PM
Then put both Pit and Dark Pit in any position you want other than the ones they have in their official artwork. Using only the outline of the character graphic representation, no major differences can be told between the two. Only by looking very very hard and searching for already known details can a difference be made.

It is a strange thing too considering that Dark Pit was a incomplete and flawed clone of Pit. This should have extended to his character design as well, perhaps emphasizing asymmetry in both clothes and body characteristics, or something else. But Sakurai did not do this.

Therefore, in the greater schemes of things, Dark Pit is and ever will be a palette swap.
---
Soul Eater - One Piece - Shingeki no Kyojin - Vinland Saga - Yu Yu Hakusho - Planetes - Break Blade - Beelzebub - The Breaker
#54paralyzed21Posted 11/9/2012 8:39:16 PM
waluigi would be the only reason i would ever play this game
---
http://www.wearethepanicdivision.com | http://www.facebook.com/thepanicdivision
---
#55dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 8:47:39 PM
bronzefrog posted...
Then put both Pit and Dark Pit in any position you want other than the ones they have in their official artwork. Using only the outline of the character graphic representation, no major differences can be told between the two. Only by looking very very hard and searching for already known details can a difference be made.

It is a strange thing too considering that Dark Pit was a incomplete and flawed clone of Pit. This should have extended to his character design as well, perhaps emphasizing asymmetry in both clothes and body characteristics, or something else. But Sakurai did not do this.

Therefore, in the greater schemes of things, Dark Pit is and ever will be a palette swap.

I'm sure Sakurai, Dark Pit's creator, doesn't think so low of him.
#56MottmanPosted 11/9/2012 10:20:55 PM
dedekong posted...
Ok.. but Waluigi's role in those games are of the same value as a Koopa.. except Koopa's are at least in the canon games.

As a huge fan of Koopa Troopas, I wish I could believe this meant something good for the chances of a playable KT; but I know it doesn't.
---
My name is Mottman, and I approve this message.
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
#57jjg737Posted 11/9/2012 10:34:26 PM
It depends really, I mean if it's the same playstyle as luigi then yes definitely. But if it's a bit different like Wario and Mario, or even Mario and Luigi then yes. Although I think Toad is better then Waluigi, or even Birdy if their going to make another Mario toon. Waluigi is just such a terrible character you can tell they just through him together in 5 minutes so Luigi has a rival like Mario.
#58jjg737Posted 11/9/2012 10:35:52 PM
jjg737 posted...
It depends really, I mean if it's the same playstyle as luigi then yes definitely. But if it's a bit different like Wario and Mario, or even Mario and Luigi then no. Although I think Toad is better then Waluigi, or even Birdy if their going to make another Mario toon. Waluigi is just such a terrible character you can tell they just through him together in 5 minutes so Luigi has a rival like Mario.

Fixed it.
#59SmallerRidleyPosted 11/9/2012 10:36:32 PM
How is DP like Wolf to the KI series? He's been in 1 game.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit.
#60PsyrenCallPosted 11/9/2012 10:36:36 PM
If Sakurai actually had standards there would be no clones, and Roy, Lucario, Ice Climbers, Pit, Falco and Wolf would have never made it into the game. He has no standards, the abundance of stupid decisions in Brawl should have made that obvious.
---
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!