This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Waluigi is playable, will the bar be LOWERED?

#81BeyondSayPosted 11/10/2012 3:23:26 PM
Yes the bar will be lowered if they let that filler in.
#82xyzlacticPosted 11/10/2012 3:24:51 PM
dedekong posted...
Charizard18 posted...
I don't KNOW. Still better than DARK Pit, in my opinion, but I welcome any NEWCOMERS. Even Waluigi and Dark Pit.

Dark Pit is more important than Waluigi. He is basically the Wolf of the Kid Icarus series. >_>

until Dark pit has appreared in multiple KI games. Attempted to kill pit many times, then call me when hes considered the wolf of KI.

Adding Waluigi isnt lowering the bar. The bar has been lowered since the beginning, they added dr mario, pichu and falco.

Besides unlike them, Waluigi has a huge fanbase and is heavily requested, Sakurai also acknowledges how popular waluigi is
#83dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 3:30:03 PM
xyzlactic posted...

until Dark pit has appreared in multiple KI games. Attempted to kill pit many times, then call me when hes considered the wolf of KI.

Adding Waluigi isnt lowering the bar. The bar has been lowered since the beginning, they added dr mario, pichu and falco.

Besides unlike them, Waluigi has a huge fanbase and is heavily requested, Sakurai also acknowledges how popular waluigi is

You don't know what you're talking about. Stop posting.
#84xyzlacticPosted 11/10/2012 3:40:28 PM
dedekong posted...
xyzlactic posted...

You don't know what you're talking about. Stop posting.

you don't even know what your talking about dude. Saying dark pit is the wolf of KI? Hes only appeared in 1 game. Anyone with a brain knows that's totally wrong. You post the most stupidest things i have ever seen. Most likely the most ignorant user on this board. Even outclassing really bad trolls.
#85PlasmaCannonPosted 11/10/2012 3:52:02 PM
Yes the bar will be lowered....

....right onto your face at full force as a hint to stop posting TC.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#86dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 4:00:09 PM
xyzlactic posted...
you don't even know what your talking about dude. Saying dark pit is the wolf of KI? Hes only appeared in 1 game. Anyone with a brain knows that's totally wrong. You post the most stupidest things i have ever seen. Most likely the most ignorant user on this board. Even outclassing really bad trolls.

I didn't even elaborate on why I made that comparison. Stop posting.
#87MrSpacelySlatePosted 11/10/2012 4:27:07 PM
dedekong's logic summed up:

He wants an actual completely unique Luigi (Waluigi) non playable in favor of the complete clone Luigi from 64 (Dark Pit). That's basically what it is.
#88bronzefrogPosted 11/10/2012 4:49:31 PM
dedekong posted...
bronzefrog posted...
Then put both Pit and Dark Pit in any position you want other than the ones they have in their official artwork. Using only the outline of the character graphic representation, no major differences can be told between the two. Only by looking very very hard and searching for already known details can a difference be made.

It is a strange thing too considering that Dark Pit was a incomplete and flawed clone of Pit. This should have extended to his character design as well, perhaps emphasizing asymmetry in both clothes and body characteristics, or something else. But Sakurai did not do this.

Therefore, in the greater schemes of things, Dark Pit is and ever will be a palette swap.

I'm sure Sakurai, Dark Pit's creator, doesn't think so low of him.

Now you listen to me; Sakurai does not think lowly of Dark Pit.

But he is also the director for Nintendo's The Super Smash Brothers for the Nintendo Wii U, and is under obligations.

Therefore, unless Dark Pit manages to attain notoriety, he will not obtain anything other than a palette swap of Pit.
---
Soul Eater - One Piece - Shingeki no Kyojin - Vinland Saga - Yu Yu Hakusho - Planetes - Break Blade - Beelzebub - The Breaker
#89SpunkySixPosted 11/10/2012 5:17:34 PM(edited)
Proof of Retcon: SMB said that all the blocks were transformed people. It said that Bowser had magic powers. Petey isn't a unique plant drawn to life by Junior, he's an entire species. Birdo isn't a male, she's an all female species. The world reset itself, except nothing changed, but somehow time warped so that another Star Festival could happen. Back in 64, Mario, Luigi, Wario and Yoshi all helped beat Bowser. Mario and Luigi have special jumping powers that make them unique, but so do two random, no name toads. Boom Boom isn't a specific character, he's a species. Two of the Koopalings are twins, except they look totally different and aren't related in any obvious way. Miis are part of the Mario universe and live all over the Mushroom Kingdom. Bowser has a son that we've never seen even though he's been alive for years now. And so on.

Proof of Changes/Inconsistencies: In one game, ice flowers made Mario turn into ice. They usually make him toss ice. Goombas can talk, except when they're too dumb to. The Tanooki Suit lets Mario fly, except it doesn't, then in the credits it does. The Mushroom Kingdom apparently changes geography constantly. Things like this happen constantly in the series. Not to mention that sports spinoffs, party games and RPGs are almost never referenced in main series games, and may not even really have happened, even though they apparently star the same Mario guy.

Quotes: How about this for canon not mattering:

http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/9/25/3407672/miyamoto-the-mario-cast-is-a-troupe-of-actors-and-bowsers-kids-are

"They're like actors, meaning that I can screw canon up as much as I want and I don't have to care or put effort into stories ever."- Shigeru Miyamoto
---
Tissues to the extreme!
That looks like a homing- SHUT UP AMY.
#90PhantomDannyPosted 11/10/2012 6:59:17 PM
Yes the bar will be lowered....

....right onto your face at full force as a hint to stop posting TC.

POW! Right in the kisser!
---
Going ghost!