This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much do you want Ridley playable?

#1kreegan64Posted 11/20/2012 7:15:02 PM
There are many people who want/don't want Ridley, and for varying reasons no doubt, but what matters is HOW MUCH do you want him? - Results (192 votes)
His inclusion as a playable character alone would guarantee my day-one purchase and/or pre-order
16.15% (31 votes)
It would be a MAJOR factor for the game to be on my good side.
6.25% (12 votes)
I am hoping and wishing for his inclusion as a playable character, and it would be a bummer if he didn't make it
26.56% (51 votes)
His inclusion would be icing on the cake, man
14.06% (27 votes)
Meh, don't really want or not want.
17.19% (33 votes)
I kinda don't wan't him playable
4.17% (8 votes)
I think he'd be a rather poor choice.
5.21% (10 votes)
Do not want. At all.
3.65% (7 votes)
I'd hate it if he was playable, and would be a severe flaw of the game to me.
5.73% (11 votes)
other (please specify)
1.04% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
NOTE
You don't have to agree word for word with your answers, and feel free to elaborate, discuss, etc.

Also, it'd be nice if you shared why you felt the way you do about the inclusion of Ridley as playable.
---
Jesus Christ saves any who call and accept him. Today is better than tomorrow to get saved. Never accept the mark of the beast.
#2Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 11/20/2012 7:16:12 PM
Ridley is in? I would pre-order this game inmediately. Yes, that hardcore I want that bird in.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#3kreegan64(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 7:40:44 PM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
Ridley is in? I would pre-order this game inmediately. Yes, that hardcore I want that bird in.

Exactly
---
Jesus Christ saves any who call and accept him. Today is better than tomorrow to get saved. Never accept the mark of the beast.
#4Dustof_DryBonesPosted 11/20/2012 8:05:36 PM
Eh, his design just isn't well-suited for a fighting game. He'd probably be unplayable due to his size too.
---
Hello, kind friend. =)
#5Blazekicker27Posted 11/20/2012 8:50:40 PM
3rd option. I'd love for Ridley to be in, and I'd be sad if he weren't.
---
Official Blaziken of the PMD3 board.
Kirby - surprisingly disturbing since 1992.
#6kreegan64(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 6:26:22 AM(edited)
Dustof_DryBones posted...
Eh, his design just isn't well-suited for a fighting game. He'd probably be unplayable due to his size too.

Please note that characters like Bowser and R.O.B. have considerably less suitable designs, but they still managed to be put in without any problems.
---
#7EarthLord_CJPosted 11/21/2012 6:26:08 AM(edited)
It's not going to kill me if he doesn't make it in, but I'm hurtin' for another Metroid rep. Despite the fair amount of creativity that went into ZSS, I'd rather have some other playable character that has great relevance to the series, and I think that Ridley is that character.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#8fawful_XPosted 11/21/2012 7:22:56 AM
Other, actually.

As long as nothing is overly changed to Smash's gameplay (EX it is now similar to PSASBR but with a Nintendo theme, which is a change for the worse due to everyone getting the ability to call it a rip-off), Ridley being in would be an influential factor.
---
This signature is a lie.
#9bloodmage3Posted 11/21/2012 8:08:46 AM
kreegan64 posted...
Dustof_DryBones posted...

Please note that characters like Bowser and R.O.B. have considerably less suitable designs, but they still managed to be put in without any problems.

Yes, Ridley may have enormous wings, a tall tail and a head the size of Samus, but Rob has no legs and Bowser has.... Uhm.... Bad taste in tuxedo's?

I don't really know where you are going with that. Now I wouldn't say Ridley is unplayable because he's bigger then the rest of the cast, but he's certainly more complex in build then a fat turtle and a simple robot. So if he ain't in it's just 'cuz Sakurai is a lazy idiot instead of him being too big.

Anyway, I'd like to see the giant reptile in, and it'd be about time too.
---
They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!
#10MottmanPosted 11/21/2012 10:40:36 AM
Option 3 is probably the closest to how I feel. I'm actually not a Metroid fan, but Ridley seems deserving, and look pretty cool; so I'm hoping he's included and would be a little bit disappointed if he wasn't.
---
My name is Mottman, and I approve this message.
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles