Are SSB's fans happy to see that PS-all stars was a bust?

#1Cable_mvc2Posted 11/21/2012 1:32:32 AM
That's what Sony gets for ripping nintendo off.
#2NewMoonShadowPosted 11/21/2012 1:44:42 AM
A bust? By whose measuring stick? ~76% metascore ain't BAD (It's average/good at worst), and we're far from seeing the final sales figures emerge.
#3Master_RadoriPosted 11/21/2012 1:49:43 AM
To be honest, I'm just sick and tired of hearing about PSABR. -___-

Particularly on here. :/
---
The Name is Radori. #1 player in Clash of NInja Revolution 3! Skype: Radori_Nighthawk XBLGT: Radoric
#4BenifyPosted 11/21/2012 1:52:50 AM
Everyone knew it was going to flop. No Crash.
---
Kizaru and Gonbe for next Strawhat Pirates
#5BIG_C_4_LIFEPosted 11/21/2012 2:21:26 AM
Nobody is calling it a bust except for Nintendo fanboys who are still butthurt that it got made.
---
(Currently thinking of a clever and original signature...... this could take a ****ing while)
#6EJWPosted 11/21/2012 3:13:37 AM
No one here is butthurt.

This game is great.
---
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/328/042/0bf.gif
#7Undead SaintPosted 11/21/2012 3:39:00 AM
Smash fans should be praying for the success of other non-traditional fighting games. Its a chance to play as some of your favorite non-nintendo characters in a mash up. Though I suppose that aspect won't appeal as much to someone who doesn't have much interest in non-nintendo characters.
---
Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (usually) unnecessary.
What's up with the parentheses in random places?-Gamemaster1212
#8The_KoreyPosted 11/21/2012 3:42:16 AM
No. I'm not an immature fanboy. Doesnt make a difference to me if it was Game of The Year.

A) Unique, successful games inspire, get soul-successors, or get ripped off all the time. My only beef with Sony is that they tend to mock Nintendo ideas (like the Wii-mote) but then end up making the same thing, trying to pass it off as very different and better. I mean, for real? I'm all for good competition, but toilet-paper moves like that are just irksome and disgraceful.

B) Having a crossover roster does not warrant being called a different genre or sub-
genre, so although blatantly inspired by SSB, PSAS (and it's totally different gameplay) isn't even a rip-off. The only similarities between the two is the 4-player battle royale concept.

If SSB should be the only only one allowed to use said sub-genre, then nobody should have been able to make a traditional fighting game after Street Fighter or turn-based RPG after Final Fantasy (or what ever game first started those genres)

/koreyanreason
---
The Korey: Belligerent thundering since 1988.
http://i50.tinypic.com/10y1b3t.jpg
#9fuzi11Posted 11/21/2012 4:08:12 AM
I saw a review on the internet comparing it to Smash Bros (for obvious reasons), that says that this game is fun, but lacks in the game mode departement. You can only do deathbattle over deathbattle over deathbattle. While Melee and Brawl had tons of additional content. But the Internet is supposed to be flawless
#10SpunkySixPosted 11/21/2012 4:34:41 AM
I don't think it was a bust, it looks like fun. That said, Cartoon Network:Punch Time Explosion was a lot of fun too, so maybe I'm too easy to please with this sort of game.

Sony is still an uncreative dumb though. At least Microsoft tried with the Kinect to be different.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
I can fix it!