This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are SSB's fans happy to see that PS-all stars was a bust?

#21AlbinoCrocodilePosted 11/22/2012 3:10:19 AM
Played the game for a few days to form my own opinion, decided it was absolutely horrid and sold it back. Just too damn repetitive and boring, and half the characters are hardly interesting.
---
Miss Albino at your service.
Imagine if I was OnyxAlligator instead.
#22OblivionEssencePosted 11/22/2012 3:46:49 AM
Benify posted...
Everyone knew it was going to flop. No Crash.

If SSB could have made it big despite not having ultimate villain Bowser in their first roster, I don't see how PSAS can flop because it didn't have a fallen hero who stopped being good ages ago.

This has got the be the worst comparison and assessment of this situation I've read in quite some time.
---
"Roy WILL be in SSBB." - OblivionEssence 8/18/06 | Week: 0
http://i44.tinypic.com/mr7pqt.gif http://i40.tinypic.com/2nvflp3.gif
#23SpunkySixPosted 11/22/2012 4:10:51 AM
OblivionEssence posted...
Benify posted...
Everyone knew it was going to flop. No Crash.

If SSB could have made it big despite not having ultimate villain Bowser in their first roster, I don't see how PSAS can flop because it didn't have a fallen hero who stopped being good ages ago.

This has got the be the worst comparison and assessment of this situation I've read in quite some time.

No, it isn't. Crash shouldn't be necessary to make a good game. It's a bummer he's not in, but if this is about current Sony, then Crash isn't vital to anything. Bowser also wasn't a deal breaker, for different reasons, but the general idea still stands that Crash is not the difference between this game being good or bad.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
I can fix it!
#24ViewtifulGenePosted 11/22/2012 5:27:15 AM
I have no loyalty to any console. Why the **** would I care?
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#25koopabros64Posted 11/22/2012 5:30:49 AM
It wasn't a bust, for one. Also, I was hoping it would do well. The more games like smash the merrier.
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.
#26SpunkySixPosted 11/22/2012 5:47:38 AM
koopabros64 posted...
It wasn't a bust, for one. Also, I was hoping it would do well. The more games like smash the merrier.

Competition is a nice form of quality control, so I agree.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
Sugar Rush needs to be a real game, pls.
#27OblivionEssencePosted 11/22/2012 7:13:22 AM
No, it isn't. Crash shouldn't be necessary to make a good game. It's a bummer he's not in, but if this is about current Sony, then Crash isn't vital to anything.

Well, your premise is wrong. It isn't about current Sony. That's why characters like Spike, Parappa, and Sir Daniel are playable. This game has "All-Stars" in the title, which is why Crash is a huge omission. Even at this point in time he's probably more popular and well known than 75% of the entire cast.

Bowser also wasn't a deal breaker, for different reasons, but the general idea still stands that Crash is not the difference between this game being good or bad.

I was mainly disagreeing with your assessment of Crash and comparison with Bowser. Suggesting that Crash isn't a big deal because he's been in bad games recently completely undermines his contribution to the Playstation brand. Also Bowser really wasn't a good comparison because Bowser is an important part of the Mario series but doesn't really represent the Nintendo brand like Crash did for Playstation.
---
"Roy WILL be in SSBB." - OblivionEssence 8/18/06 | Week: 0
http://i44.tinypic.com/mr7pqt.gif http://i40.tinypic.com/2nvflp3.gif
#28SpunkySixPosted 11/22/2012 7:47:35 AM
OblivionEssence posted...
No, it isn't. Crash shouldn't be necessary to make a good game. It's a bummer he's not in, but if this is about current Sony, then Crash isn't vital to anything.

Well, your premise is wrong. It isn't about current Sony. That's why characters like Spike, Parappa, and Sir Daniel are playable. This game has "All-Stars" in the title, which is why Crash is a huge omission. Even at this point in time he's probably more popular and well known than 75% of the entire cast.

Bowser also wasn't a deal breaker, for different reasons, but the general idea still stands that Crash is not the difference between this game being good or bad.

I was mainly disagreeing with your assessment of Crash and comparison with Bowser. Suggesting that Crash isn't a big deal because he's been in bad games recently completely undermines his contribution to the Playstation brand. Also Bowser really wasn't a good comparison because Bowser is an important part of the Mario series but doesn't really represent the Nintendo brand like Crash did for Playstation.

Okay, but my point was that Crash is far from the biggest problem that game has. Killing with supers only is what breaks it for me in terms of flat out design, Crash is just a bonus failure.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
Sugar Rush needs to be a real game, pls.