Wreck It Ralph for playable character!

#1Braver_Angel_70Posted 11/21/2012 11:22:32 PM
Don't know if it's been said, but that'd be awesome.
---
Metroid Prime Trilogy by Retro. j03b0b0fd00m said,"Retro can make the canon their BDSM butt buddies for all I care."
#2AwesomeAshleyPosted 11/21/2012 11:24:49 PM
inb4plasmacannontakesthisseriously
---
You better be afraid of the great Ashley!
#3LegendofLegaiaPosted 11/21/2012 11:24:56 PM
That would be terrible.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#4SpunkySixPosted 11/22/2012 12:01:56 AM
LegendofLegaia posted...
That would be terrible.

No it wouldn't. Ralph:

-Comes from Fix It Felix Jr., which came out before the movie
-Stars in a movie that is basically a massive crossover including Bowser, as well as a direct reference to Mario, and many allusions to the Mario series as well as one to Metal Gear Solid
-Is already featuring in at least one game as a guest star
-Stars in a movie about video games that is extremely popular and praised by nearly every person who has seen it

How would that be bad?
---
Tissues to the extreme!
I can fix it!
#5LegendofLegaiaPosted 11/22/2012 12:31:03 AM
SpunkySix posted...
-Comes from Fix It Felix Jr., which came out before the movie

No, they made the game based off of the movie while the movie was being worked on and then released the game before the movie.

He was made for the movie, not the game that came from the movie.

-Stars in a movie that is basically a massive crossover including Bowser, as well as a direct reference to Mario, and many allusions to the Mario series as well as one to Metal Gear Solid

Should I want the AVGN as a playable rep too? He makes plenty of references to other video games while reviewing video games.

-Is already featuring in at least one game as a guest star

Not sure why this is supposed to change my opinion. Him appearing in a game I don't care about has nothing to do with me not wanting him in Smash.

-Stars in a movie about video games that is extremely popular and praised by nearly every person who has seen it

It was made by Disney and rides off of the nostalgia of retro gamers. What did you expect?

How would that be bad?

According to Sakurai, third party slots are limited. Why waste one on Wreck it Ralph, a fairly new character that came from a movie, when characters like Mega Man and Pac-Man have yet to be included in the roster?
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#6MrSpacelySlatePosted 11/22/2012 12:50:36 AM
LegendofLegaia posted...
That would be terrible.

Did you even see the movie?
#7LegendofLegaiaPosted 11/22/2012 12:51:36 AM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
That would be terrible.

What's so unbelievable about me thinking he doesn't deserve one of the few third party spots that will be available for this game?
---
#8The_KoreyPosted 11/22/2012 3:09:21 AM
Donkey Kong clone from a Donkey Kong rip-off.
---
The Korey: Belligerent thundering since 1988.
http://i50.tinypic.com/10y1b3t.jpg
#9AlbinoCrocodilePosted 11/22/2012 4:02:29 AM
Gee, some really miserable people here.

I'm sure we never get tired of seeing how badly people want Megaman or Pac-Man. Anyways, would be interesting to see Ralph actually get in.
---
Miss Albino at your service.
Imagine if I was OnyxAlligator instead.
#10SpunkySixPosted 11/22/2012 5:31:47 AM
LegendofLegaia posted...
MrSpacelySlate posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
That would be terrible.

What's so unbelievable about me thinking he doesn't deserve one of the few third party spots that will be available for this game?

It's not unbelievable, but the world doesn't end if Ralph gets in and it certainly wouldn't be "terrible".

-The point with him being in Fix It Felix first wasn't about intent, it was about the fact that it is technically his origin point, which isa loophole that makes him eligible

-AVGN doesn't interact with Nintendo characters on a regular basis on a personal level, and he certainly didn't star in a movie that so heavily featured Nintendo influence. The climax was basically in Rainbow Road for the love of Q*Bert.

-Point was that he could work as a guest star, and does so in a series involving a third party that is in the game already, which lends itself to a fairly simple connection.

-You not wanting him in does not make him a terrible choice. Most people loved the movie and many of them would gladly accept Ralph in Smash Bros, especially given the crossover, game-hopping nature of it. Not everybody wanted Sonic in, or cared about him, but that doesn't make him a bad choice. Snake isn't even relevant to Nintendo beyond the fact that he used to be on Nintendo systems and sold games. If the criteria was that loose, we'd have Bomberman by now.

You can not want whatever, but that doesn't make it terrible. I will hate if this game barely has newcomers in exchange for balance, but outside of marketing decisions, that doesn't make it a terrible idea.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
I can fix it!