Nintendo is more stupid than i thought.

#21KeyBlade999Posted 11/27/2012 11:18:35 AM
No one said you had to play Nintendo games. Just because you hate Nintendo doesn't mean everyone else does or should, nor have you explained why anyone else should in an objective manner.

Not to mention that most launch titles do not usually meet the console expectations for at least six to twelve months after release... -_-
---
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.
#22_XCrazy_DaisyX_Posted 11/27/2012 11:45:16 AM
Although I'm with you on the slow release of quality games...

Kid Icarus alone has justified my 3ds.

FE: Awakening will be the cherry on top. ^-^

There is still:

Luigi's Mansion2, Ace vs Layton, Re: Revelations, KH, (tba) LOZ, Ace attorney 5, Mario 3dLand,

& few others to look forward to.
---
( \_/) :: KRATOS & LLOYD For SSB4! ::
(x_O) o_______O
#23GANONDORFIVYPosted 11/27/2012 11:49:30 AM
I will not get wii u because my ps3 can do all the wii u can at same level pluss i still enyoy my wii period
---
"I think different than you sir,and im here to stay, no matter how hard you close your eyes i'll be here" GANONDORFIVY
#24a_fartn_SpartanPosted 11/27/2012 12:00:24 PM
Blazekicker27 posted...
While I don't have a 3DS yet, Kid Icarus: Uprising and Fire Emblem: Awakening look like good games.

As for the Wii U's launch lineup, there's only one game that truly interests me, and that's Pikmin 3.

Kid Icarus would be a fantastic game if it weren't for the controls, and Fire Emblem isn't released outside of Japan, right? About to go check, but I'm definitely getting that game. Resident Evil: Revelations is most worth your money I'd say. That is, if you don't count remakes like OoT and Star Fox 3D.

And for TC, maybe you are just getting too old for Mario. They don't really do anything completely innovative that's a "game-changer" with the franchise. I think I've stopped getting all the spin-offs except for Mario Kart and Strikers (soccer). And I'm probably not getting another Mario on launch until they have some fricken online multiplayer or something. I got 3D Land bundled with my 3DS last Christmas and I still haven't beaten it. I guess I've always been more of a Donkey Kong fan, or I'm just getting a little tired of the platforming genre in general.

Because this post isn't long enough, I'm also disappointed with the WiiU. I was going to get 1 for Christmas, but there isn't enough good games to justify it, especially with Halo 4 (look @ username), Black Ops 2, and Assassin's Creed 3 coming out. There's plenty of other stuff to play, and I can wait for my birthday in the summer to get the WiiU, granted they impress me at E3 and they dish out a 1-2 more games worth buying and not waiting 5 months or maybe another year. Even with the lack-luster launch titles, I STILL was considering getting a WiiU simply because I have nothing to ask for Christmas. But now I hear that there's been bugs with the system and I'm just hoping that they fix their system before my birthday comes around.

I love Nintendo and their franchises, but the lack of innovation and online with their games is frustrating. Star Fox 64 3D would have had a LOT bigger replay value with just a simple online dogfight system. It's just sad to see Nintendo fail when it's so easy to make their games better.

Anyway, this long-*** post just made me miss my 1 o'clock class...
---
Hair Straightener - Please use above waist.
#25ViewtifulGenePosted 11/27/2012 12:01:37 PM
GANONDORFIVY posted...
i still enyoy my wii period

Your Wii menstruates?
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#26a_fartn_SpartanPosted 11/27/2012 12:32:24 PM(edited)
The J0ker posted...
If you think Nintendo should base their business decisions solely on your game preferences, I wonder who really is the stupid one here.

NSMB Wii sold 26.26 million copies, 15.5 million more than SSBB (10.79m) and is thus a better launch game from a business standpoint.

Had to stop reading there. Mario isn't enough for the hardcore gamers to justify a whole new system (at least, if you're on a budget). An F-Zero, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, or Zelda game would have made me want the system, and MAYBE a Pokemon, Metroid, or Fire Emblem game (not a Kirby fan). Or another exclusive with getting besides ZombiU (I'm sure there might be 1 more, but I can't think of it). They didn't need this game on launch, they just needed more games people want besides Mario and ZombiU. Sure there's NintendoLand, but I wouldn't really count that.

I agree with TC, though, that it would have been smart to have Smash Bros as a launch title (although not with the apparent bugs the systems has been having). If Microsoft is smart then they'll have Halo 5 as an "Xbox 720" launch title, and I will buy the custom Halo system+game bundle and throw my $500 or whatever at them.

EDIT:

I just want it to be known that the only other system launches I remember (other than this gen) are the Wii's and 3DS's. I had like 6 games for the Wii (Zelda, Excite Truck, Red Steel, etc) because the system was so cheap. And with the DS, Super Mario 64 DS was enough for me because I absolutely love that game, and it's in my Top 5 games of all time. You can beat it, then do a little extra to 100% it by getting all 150 stars, and THEN there's like 36 minigames IIRC to mess around with and play on the innovative touch screen. So the 3DS and Wii U seem a little lack-luster in comparison.
---
Hair Straightener - Please use above waist.
#27The J0kerPosted 11/27/2012 12:37:19 PM(edited)
a_fartn_Spartan posted...
Had to stop reading there. Mario isn't enough for the hardcore gamers to justify a whole new system (at least, if you're on a budget). An F-Zero, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, or Zelda game would have made me want the system, and MAYBE a Pokemon, Metroid, or Fire Emblem game (not a Kirby fan). Or another exclusive with getting besides ZombiU (I'm sure there might be 1 more, but I can't think of it). They didn't need this game on launch, they just needed more games people want besides Mario and ZombiU. Sure there's NintendoLand, but I wouldn't really count that.

Again, Nintendo doesn't need you specifically to buy the system at launch, and it's impossible to have enough games to satisfy everyone from day 1. One big game is generally what you start out with, and few games are bigger than 2D Mario.

3DS launch on the other hand was definitely weak from a business point of view as it lacked that one big game.
#28IlIlIlIlIlIlIlPosted 11/27/2012 12:41:53 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
GANONDORFIVY posted...
i still enyoy my wii period

Your Wii menstruates?

this sounds painful
---
|N|M|E|
#29MinunSSPosted 11/27/2012 12:54:49 PM
I saw this on the Top 10 Topics on the home page, and all I can say it was good for a laugh.

TC, if every console were to live or die based on it's launch lineup, we would have missed out on a lot of great consoles and a lot of great games.
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
#30Pikmin3000Posted 11/27/2012 12:58:14 PM
PlasmaCannon posted...
I lost all interest in the 3DS after finding out it is region locked.

It isn't, I can still play Ouendan just fine on my 3DS.
---
Expecting a witty signature?
TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!