Nintendo is more stupid than i thought.

#31IlIlIlIlIlIlIlPosted 11/27/2012 1:01:33 PM(edited)
Ouendan is a DS game though. Don't think they put limitations on those.

You wouldn't be able to play Japanese 3DS games. Like Project x Zone rghgh

MinunSS posted...
I saw this on the Top 10 Topics on the home page, and all I can say it was good for a laugh.

This is a scary thought

this board being on the front page of GFAQs that is
---
|N|M|E|
#32Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 11/27/2012 1:05:58 PM
The only dissapointing about the 3DS was that it's region locked. I have so many old games taking dust because they are from EU, not NA. I guess even great people like the Regginator makes horrible mistakes.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#33a_fartn_SpartanPosted 11/27/2012 1:32:48 PM
The J0ker posted...
a_fartn_Spartan posted...
Had to stop reading there. Mario isn't enough for the hardcore gamers to justify a whole new system (at least, if you're on a budget). An F-Zero, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, or Zelda game would have made me want the system, and MAYBE a Pokemon, Metroid, or Fire Emblem game (not a Kirby fan). Or another exclusive with getting besides ZombiU (I'm sure there might be 1 more, but I can't think of it). They didn't need this game on launch, they just needed more games people want besides Mario and ZombiU. Sure there's NintendoLand, but I wouldn't really count that.

Again, Nintendo doesn't need you specifically to buy the system at launch, and it's impossible to have enough games to satisfy everyone from day 1. One big game is generally what you start out with, and few games are bigger than 2D Mario.

3DS launch on the other hand was definitely weak from a business point of view as it lacked that one big game.

Well the problem is they had 3 other 2D Mario games plus 3D Land, and I won't even count the Galaxy games. It's almost as bad as CoD coming out every year. A lot of people are tired of playing the same old Mario, especially when they don't have a fricken online yet. I'm sure many people disagree with what I've said, but there's just nothing that this version has that I couldn't get 3 years ago with New Super Mario Bros Wii, and there's not enough to even make this game better than New Super Mario Bros DS that came out 6 years ago. Plus anyone that got New Super Mario Bros 2 for the 3DS THIS YEAR doesn't really need another Mario game 3 months later.

I feel like they should have taken Retros Studios off the side and have them deliver an amazing launch title with Star Fox, F-Zero, Metroid, or Donkey Kong Country. Instead they had them help with Mario Kart 7 which really would have sold itself just by the name. I love Nintendo's franchises but I just don't think they are being very smart with the audience that's been with them for years. And I even think there's a lot of people that didn't know about the Wii U coming out until around September or they got confused whether it was a new system out because it still has Wii in the title. I'm talking about parents here.

It's just infuriating when you honestly feel like YOU could do a better job if you were in charge.
---
Hair Straightener - Please use above waist.
#34ViviffTheMBAPosted 11/27/2012 3:07:48 PM
It's amazing how many people can run multi-billion dollar global corporations these days.

They've only made over $3 billion in profit over the last 2 fiscal years, they're definitely in need of everyone's help! Quickly, send in your e-mails and wait by the phone, the call to be the next President of Nintendo could be yours anonymous message boarders!
---
Viviff being unproductive at business school! (Or, "networking")
http://www.mbasmakemoney.com/images/slices_01.jpg
#35The J0kerPosted 11/27/2012 3:09:47 PM(edited)
*snip

Your opinion is perfectly valid, it's just impossible for them to cater to everyone right from the start. I'm sure most of the games you mention will be released eventually. (Metroid, DKC definitely. Star Fox, F-Zero, maybe.)
#36Watzup7856Posted 11/27/2012 3:20:35 PM
Kid Icarus Uprising was a surprisingly good game. i never planned on getting it to begin with, but the gameplay looked fun so i decided to get it. its now my number one most played 3DS game with over 50 hours of playtime
---
Ninten, Masked Man, Megaman, Prince Sable,and Sukapon for SSB4!!!!!!!!!!!!
3DS friend code: 3523-2217-5362
#37MalikishtelPosted 11/27/2012 4:49:12 PM
To be fair, brawl and melee were not launch titles either.
---
BLACK FC 3782 8345 3334 Gold FC 1205 1451 4793 BSC Services Complete 32
#38SpunkySixPosted 11/27/2012 5:06:31 PM
The 3DS has been out for about a year and a half now and I've bought four games for it because that's pretty much all that it has that I care about. I got it opening day. That is bad.

Which is why I'm waiting for a U.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
Shiny Petey Piranha is the most incredible idea.
#39a_fartn_SpartanPosted 11/28/2012 12:30:04 AM
The J0ker posted...
*snip

Your opinion is perfectly valid, it's just impossible for them to cater to everyone right from the start. I'm sure most of the games you mention will be released eventually. (Metroid, DKC definitely. Star Fox, F-Zero, maybe.)

Yeah, I realize that. It would be better if they could get 2 must-have games out for launch though. Zelda was enough for the Wii and the 3D Mario was enough for the DS, but the 3DS's launch was crap and another 2D Mario isn't enough for me. I've calmed down now, I think I was just a little mad earlier because there were like 2 rumors that said Retros would be interested in a Star Fox game and Star Fox is in my Top 3 favorite Nintendo franchises (with DKC and Zelda)...so I was a little disappointed even though I knew the chances were slim.

And I think I'm mad that I'm kinda done with Mario. His games aren't really must-have to me anymore, I only got NSMB2 because it was on sale. And I still haven't beaten NSMB Wii. But I probably will over summer break if I'm not too busy trying to beat other stuff. I find it sad that I'm outgrowing Mario. I just hope the next 3D Mario changes that.
---
Hair Straightener - Please use above waist.
#40Minjo26(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 7:54:53 AM
Just a few things...
Kid Icarus is over rated as crap. It's a decent game, but I wouldn't say I was amazed by it. I didn't mention it in my original post because I was worried people would retaliate to it and thus stray away from where I wanted the discussion to go.
Fire Emblem isn't out yet in North America. And OoT was amazing of course but it's a port so I didn't count it.

Also, I think I kind of described a few things unclearly. I understand launch titles usually aren't the best (thinks back to Red Steel and Exitetruck for original Wii... *shudders*)
But I meant the topic to focus more on the release date of SSB alone, hence being on the SSB boards...

There is no reason why it couldn't have been prepared for early 2013 at the very least. I'm just saying Nintendo has a lot of fans to win back after the past few years, and from my view they aren't doing well very on that right now...