I heard 8 Melodies was cut from Brawl because Sakurai felt it was too serene...

#11Davidk92(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 2:02:30 PM
scottwritten posted...
Davidk92 posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
Davidk92 posted...
It certainly seemed that you did since you were quoting my topic title.

And your topic title says "Sakurai felt it was too serene...".

It still sounds like you were trying to call me out.

Nope, he/she was clearly addressing Sakurai's logic.

Whatever.
---
"Why create when it will only be destroyed? Why cling to life, knowing that you have to die? None of it will have meant anything once you do."
~Kefka
#12Skatz95Posted 11/30/2012 2:29:29 PM
actually, 8 melodies is a part of the song Mother in brawl on Onett. the song also has the battle theme when encountering an enemy.
---
MKWii fc: 4341-9153-2733
#13Blazekicker27Posted 11/30/2012 2:45:46 PM
Sakurai logic. He thinks 8 Melodies is too serene but not other songs like The Roost, Snowman, Route 209, Bramble Blast, Pikmin music, etc.

And as David pointed out by posting that remix, they could change the mood of the song.
---
Official Blaziken of the PMD3 board.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#14MottmanPosted 11/30/2012 3:04:40 PM
Blazekicker27 posted...
And as David pointed out by posting that remix, they could change the mood of the song.

Exactly. It's not like the Brawl version of Gourmet Race is even remotely close to the style of the original version.

And I'd just like to say that as ironic as it might be that Sakurai cut 8 Melodies but kept Snowman, I'm glad Snowman was included, it's a cool song.
---
My name is Mottman, and I approve this message.
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
#15NaughtyGhostPosted 11/30/2012 3:15:51 PM
Goddamn, TC, you need to calm your ass down son.
---
The world will get you high on all it has to offer
While it takes from you everything you actually need.
#16LegendofLegaiaPosted 11/30/2012 3:16:44 PM
Mottman posted...
Blazekicker27 posted...

Exactly. It's not like the Brawl version of Gourmet Race is even remotely close to the style of the original version.

And I'd just like to say that as ironic as it might be that Sakurai cut 8 Melodies but kept Snowman, I'm glad Snowman was included, it's a cool song.

Well, to be fair, Eight Melodies is still technically in Brawl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idBSLlnvqKM&t=0m51s

And Snowman was one of the few songs that showed up in all 3 Mother games. Ignoring the "it was too serene" thing, it actually makes sense why Snowman got in over Eight Melodies.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#17Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 11/30/2012 3:20:14 PM
That remix is amazing. I am downloading it right now.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.