This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Miyamoto is going to tell Sakurai not to have any new characters?

#1CrystalKing5426Posted 11/30/2012 4:09:57 PM
He did with Sticker Star.
#2scottwrittenPosted 11/30/2012 4:12:10 PM
wut.
---
Palutena_King K Rool_Ghirahim_Waluigi_Ridley_Bandana Dee_Impa_Tom Nook_Takamaru_Bayonetta_Krystal_Little Mac_Mewtwo_Lyn_Isaac_ Meloetta 4 Smash! Original, huh?
#3dedekongPosted 11/30/2012 4:14:47 PM
Because there were no new characters in Sticker star. >_>
#40NotoriousLynx0Posted 11/30/2012 4:22:58 PM
lol. He CONVINCED the creators of Sticker Star to minimize the story. He didn't like command them. In the end, Mario is his so I don't why that's so bad. Miyamoto doesn't have much authority over Smash Bros. but he is Sakurai's mentor from what I heard.
#5SpunkySixPosted 11/30/2012 4:23:51 PM
dedekong posted...
Because there were no new characters in Sticker star. >_>

Basically correct. Other than Kersti, there were very few non-generic NPCs in the game. There were no new partners and almost no bosses with actual personalities.

Miyamoto needs to stop being involved in the Mario series. He's a liability.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
Super Smash Siblings is the s'iest game.
#6SpunkySixPosted 11/30/2012 4:26:57 PM
0NotoriousLynx0 posted...
lol. He CONVINCED the creators of Sticker Star to minimize the story. He didn't like command them. In the end, Mario is his so I don't why that's so bad. Miyamoto doesn't have much authority over Smash Bros. but he is Sakurai's mentor from what I heard.

It's bad because he's selling to a market, it's not like he's giving out games as a charity.

And besides, I'm sure Miyamoto just nicely and casually asked for them to change the game, right? Not like he has a ton of pull at Nintendo and could put IS in a really bad spot if they didn't listen or anything.

And even more besides, even if he really couldn't, he's the one who made the bone head suggestion. He's the one who doesn't think people want more TTYD styled RPGs. He's the one who can't get it through his thick skull that story and gameplay can blend wonderfully.
---
Tissues to the extreme!
Super Smash Siblings is the s'iest game.
#7MottmanPosted 11/30/2012 4:27:43 PM
0NotoriousLynx0 posted...

If you boss "suggests" something to you, are you honestly going to refuse to go along with their suggestion?
---
My name is Mottman, and I approve this message.
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
#8ThatPersonGuyPosted 11/30/2012 4:32:21 PM
If it means no more Tabuu situations, I'm fine with it.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#9Iggy_KoopaPosted 11/30/2012 11:15:18 PM
ThatPersonGuy posted...
If it means no more Tabuu situations, I'm fine with it.

Agreed. Miyamoto said no "original characters" it was Intelligent Syetems that dropped that ball...(where this kind of initiative was during the development of DKCR I don't know)

If ANYTHING, he needs to say no ORIGINAL characters here...It sure would have made SSE more enjoyable...