Do you think it is possible for at least one of the original 12 to be cut?

#1HylianCyndaquilPosted 12/3/2012 7:01:52 PM
I don't think so... I personally think they are the characters that REP their series (well, maybe not Jigglypuff... but she's been around since the original. Let me get there...). They are the MAIN characters that represent their series. To have any of them get cut, that would just be so silly.

I've seen Ness and Jigglypuff be the most mentioned for getting cut.

MY OPINIONS, MY VIEWPOINTS, BLAH BLAH BLAH. -holds up flame shield-:

As for Ness, yes I've heard that he was supposed to be cut for Melee, but wasn't. Lucas I guess was going to take his place but was not included because his game got delayed. So Ness stayed in and was in Brawl also. Now, hate me: I don't play Mother/Earthbound series, I never have. I honestly wish I could. But, Ness has been around since the first SSB game. It may be true to some people that they never knew who Ness was until they played SSB64 (could go for Melee too, because he was the only Mother rep in that game as well), and heck I can say I was one of them. I'll probably get a lot of hate for this: to someone who has NEVER played Earthbound/Mother, Ness just appears as the main rep of the series in SSB. That's how he feels for me. He has appeared in all three games, and SSB64 was when I first heard of Mother/Earthbound. I just think it is too late to take Ness out now. Then again, this can be viewed completely different to those who have played Earthbound/Mother obviously. But this is coming from somebody who's never played it. Ness feels very important to me to keep in, because I'll always remember him as the rep for Mother/Earthbound. The same thing could possibly go for someone else I'm sure of it. (I hope I made since here. This was kind of hard to word.)

As for Jigglypuff, yes maybe there is better Pokemon than her. But look at it this way - maybe she is a joke character, but she was one of the strongest fighters in Melee. She was weak in Brawl. Basically I see her as a "running gag" I guess you could call it. It's fun having these kinds of characters in games. Maybe the Jigglypuff joke is getting kind of old, but I've really enjoyed having her in all SSB games. I don't think she deserves to go - maybe she can become a stronger fighter again the SSB4.

OKAY, OPINIONS OVER.

Discuss.
---
Not changing until a new Star Fox game is announced. (started 8/03/12)
SSBB is better than Melee. Nuff said
#2zalak321Posted 12/3/2012 7:04:03 PM
never
---
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH
#3MottmanPosted 12/3/2012 7:06:32 PM
Not really, no. Jigglypuff is the only one that even remotely makes sense to be cut at this point. But I think the developers like her, and she's established a big enough Smash fanbase that there would be too much backlash if she was cut after three games.

That said, if Jiggs was inexplicably cut, I wouldn't shed a tear about it.
---
My name is Mottman, and I approve this message.
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
#4SuuperSawnickPosted 12/3/2012 7:09:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5a_fartn_SpartanPosted 12/3/2012 8:36:22 PM
Well, considering Jigglypuff wasn't in SSE, she was close to getting cut in Brawl. Maybe Jiggs was just there to pad the roster (like many people think Wolf and Toon Link did) and will be replaced by another pokemon.
---
Hair Straightener - Please use above waist.
#6Blazekicker27Posted 12/3/2012 8:39:23 PM
I think it's possible, but I don't really consider it likely.
---
Official Blaziken of the PMD3 board.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#7reaverzPosted 12/3/2012 8:42:42 PM
a_fartn_Spartan posted...
Well, considering Jigglypuff wasn't in SSE, she was close to getting cut in Brawl. Maybe Jiggs was just there to pad the roster (like many people think Wolf and Toon Link did) and will be replaced by another pokemon.

My theory is that Sakurai wasn't sure which of Jigglypuff and Mewtwo he was going to cut early on; by the time he decided to keep Jigglypuff, the storylines for the SSE were already decided and he wasn't able to fit Jigglypuff in any of them without affecting all the others.

Now that all of the original 12 characters have shown up in every installment, I think it's very unlikely for any of them to be cut. Though if one was definitely going to be cut, I would definitely think Jiggs would be first to go, sadly...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#8a_fartn_SpartanPosted 12/3/2012 9:56:43 PM
reaverz posted...
a_fartn_Spartan posted...

My theory is that Sakurai wasn't sure which of Jigglypuff and Mewtwo he was going to cut early on; by the time he decided to keep Jigglypuff, the storylines for the SSE were already decided and he wasn't able to fit Jigglypuff in any of them without affecting all the others.

Now that all of the original 12 characters have shown up in every installment, I think it's very unlikely for any of them to be cut. Though if one was definitely going to be cut, I would definitely think Jiggs would be first to go, sadly...

It's hard to say whether Jiggs will get cut for sure, but I'm gonna guess not. But Ness or Jiggs will be the only ones to go, if any from the original 12. It's funny because before Sakurai said the roster wasn't going to be that big I'd say no one that's been in since Melee would be cut.
---
Hair Straightener - Please use above waist.
#9LegendofLegaiaPosted 12/3/2012 10:06:30 PM(edited)
Jigglypuff doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to cut. She isn't really relevant anymore and there are other popular Pokemon to choose from. Yeah, her moveset is unique, but that didn't stop Mewtwo from getting cut, did it?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Mother/EarthBound characters got cut since the series ended and it's fairly obscure outside of Japan. Considering how relevance does seem to be a factor in deciding the roster, Ness wasn't the first main character in the series (so he doesn't have the same safety that Marth does), and how he was supposed to be cut in Melee for Lucas, it's probably not that hard to imagine Ness being cut and Lucas staying.

OR DAH ORIGONALE TWELV R SAEF BECUZ PPL ON DA INTERNETZ PUT DEM ON A PEDASTOL! DAT MEENZ SAKURAI DOEZ 2, RITE!?!
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#10xyzlacticPosted 12/3/2012 10:22:16 PM
The original 12 are here to stay! Anyone who thinks any of them are getting cut must have been dropped as a baby. lol