This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think it is possible for at least one of the original 12 to be cut?

#11Doug314Posted 12/3/2012 9:36:34 PM
It's definitely possible it's just unlikely. And it's a lot more likely than some other things like being able to walk through a wall.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Lip, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#12Modus_PwnensPosted 12/3/2012 9:56:45 PM
Of course it's *possible*

Also screw Jigglypuff
#13Shadow_StarWolfPosted 12/4/2012 4:15:32 AM
From: LegendofLegaia | Posted: 12/4/2012 1:06:30 PM | #009
Jigglypuff doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to cut. She isn't really relevant anymore and there are other popular Pokemon to choose from. Yeah, her moveset is unique, but that didn't stop Mewtwo from getting cut, did it?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Mother/EarthBound characters got cut since the series ended and it's fairly obscure outside of Japan. Considering how relevance does seem to be a factor in deciding the roster, Ness wasn't the first main character in the series (so he doesn't have the same safety that Marth does), and how he was supposed to be cut in Melee for Lucas, it's probably not that hard to imagine Ness being cut and Lucas staying.

OR DAH ORIGONALE TWELV R SAEF BECUZ PPL ON DA INTERNETZ PUT DEM ON A PEDASTOL! DAT MEENZ SAKURAI DOEZ 2, RITE!?!

You do understand that Japanese relevance is still a huge factor right?
---
Cutting down one-hundred opponents! Guard Dog of Hell! Dekamaster!
~ Doggie Kruger
#14LegendofLegaiaPosted 12/4/2012 4:18:32 AM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...
From: LegendofLegaia | Posted: 12/4/2012 1:06:30 PM | #009
Jigglypuff doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to cut. She isn't really relevant anymore and there are other popular Pokemon to choose from. Yeah, her moveset is unique, but that didn't stop Mewtwo from getting cut, did it?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Mother/EarthBound characters got cut since the series ended and it's fairly obscure outside of Japan. Considering how relevance does seem to be a factor in deciding the roster, Ness wasn't the first main character in the series (so he doesn't have the same safety that Marth does), and how he was supposed to be cut in Melee for Lucas, it's probably not that hard to imagine Ness being cut and Lucas staying.

OR DAH ORIGONALE TWELV R SAEF BECUZ PPL ON DA INTERNETZ PUT DEM ON A PEDASTOL! DAT MEENZ SAKURAI DOEZ 2, RITE!?!

You do understand that Japanese relevance is still a huge factor right?

What do you mean by "Japanese relevance"?
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#15Shadow_StarWolfPosted 12/4/2012 4:38:02 AM
You use the "it's fairly obscure outside of Japan" reasoning as though it's a con. That aspect barely matters. Also, stop judging Jigglypuff via anime - she's still very big in Japan.
---
~ Doggie Kruger
#16alpha-apePosted 12/4/2012 5:30:17 AM
It's always possible, but I dont think they will. Many people say that Jigglypuff will be cut, but it is quite popular by both developers and players. Many players hate it though, but I don't think that's enough reason to cut it
#17OblivionEssencePosted 12/4/2012 6:18:07 AM
People say that Jigglypuff is popular in Japan but I haven't seen any real evidence of her popularity today. Also she hasn't been in the anime for years. I don't think she's as popular as people would lead you to believe.
---
"Roy WILL be in SSBB." - OblivionEssence 8/18/06 | Week: 0
http://i44.tinypic.com/mr7pqt.gif http://i40.tinypic.com/2nvflp3.gif
#18EarthLord_CJPosted 12/4/2012 6:30:03 AM
OblivionEssence posted...
People say that Jigglypuff is popular in Japan but I haven't seen any real evidence of her popularity today. Also she hasn't been in the anime for years. I don't think she's as popular as people would lead you to believe.

I'd be quite surprised if she was still as popular even in Japan in the last few years.
Jiggs seems to be completely lacking from the anime nowadays, and if people were actually upset about her absence they'd probably let people know about it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#19AlbinoCrocodilePosted 12/4/2012 6:38:05 AM
Jigglypuff hasn't been that prevalent in America in forever or Japan for a good while now, so that argument is pretty void.
---
Miss Albino at your service.
Snap crackle pop.
#20Shadow_StarWolfPosted 12/4/2012 6:40:10 AM
From: AlbinoCrocodile | Posted: 12/4/2012 10:38:05 PM | #019
Jigglypuff hasn't been that prevalent in America in forever or Japan for a good while now, so that argument is pretty void.

You heard that Jiggs? Your cover appearance in Conquest is irrelevant!
---
~ Doggie Kruger