It amazes me that...

#21LegendofLegaiaPosted 12/6/2012 2:49:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22Blazekicker27Posted 12/6/2012 2:50:24 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Smash isn't canon. I don't see the goddamn problem in ignoring canon size for gameplay purposes.

This. Other characters have been resized, so I don't see why there's such a problem with Ridley being resized. It's not like people are asking for him to be the size of Olimar or anything.
---
Official Blaziken of the PMD3 board.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#23Dustof_DryBonesPosted 12/6/2012 2:53:31 PM(edited)
ViewtifulGene posted...
Then what's the goddamn problem with shrinking Ridley so he works as a playable character?

Well, according to Sakurai, he would be "too slow." And obviously, if he's the largest Smasher in the game, he'd be the easiest to knock around too.

They could still make it work, I guess, but it would have to be a hell of a balancing act, wouldn't it?
---
Hello, kind friend. =)
#24hyperskate65Posted 12/6/2012 3:14:37 PM
Why do people want to play as Ridley so much?
I don't imagine him actually being fun to play as.

Genuinely curious.
---
his comparison suggests we're closet african americans.
PSN BlahblahUnicornx 3rd General UMvC3 Heroes
#25Da_Guy_in_a_HatPosted 12/6/2012 3:19:30 PM
hyperskate65 posted...

Genuinely curious.

Me neither, every thing about him is been there done that

with Charizard and all
#26SmallerRidleyPosted 12/6/2012 3:21:10 PM
Why do people want to play as Kuma? He's a bear, they don't naturally walk like people or even work in the mechanics of a human-based fighting game.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit.
#27ViewtifulGenePosted 12/6/2012 3:48:43 PM
Dustof_DryBones posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
Then what's the goddamn problem with shrinking Ridley so he works as a playable character?

Well, according to Sakurai, he would be "too slow." And obviously, if he's the largest Smasher in the game, he'd be the easiest to knock around too.

They could still make it work, I guess, but it would have to be a hell of a balancing act, wouldn't it?

I wouldn't know and you wouldn't know either. All we know is that several years ago Sakurai thought it would be difficult based on his thoughts at the time. There is no proof whether or not Sakurai still thinks that.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#28ViewtifulGenePosted 12/6/2012 3:50:20 PM
hyperskate65 posted...

Genuinely curious.

Because other people don't have the same imagination as you.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#29Dustof_DryBonesPosted 12/6/2012 4:25:57 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
I wouldn't know and you wouldn't know either. All we know is that several years ago Sakurai thought it would be difficult based on his thoughts at the time. There is no proof whether or not Sakurai still thinks that.

Well at least I'm going off of something that Sakurai actually said at one point. You know, rather than just hoping for the improbable best. >_>
---
Hello, kind friend. =)
#30MottmanPosted 12/6/2012 4:27:02 PM
"Why do people want to play as Mario so much?

Genuinely curious."

See, I can do it too. Just insert any random name in there, and it works. Simple.
---
My name is Mottman, and I approve this message.
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles