It amazes me that...

#51Dustof_DryBonesPosted 12/6/2012 5:37:53 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
That's not how it works. The absence of proof is not the proof of absence. Until we have a recent quote we can't possibly know what he actually thinks right now. You have not ruled out the possibility of his mind changing, especially not when the quote is years old, a lot can change over a few years, and Sakurai has changed his mind before.

We don't know Sakurai changed his mind or not. You don't get to spin "we don't know" as "no" just because that's what you want it to be.

I'm not arguing for "no." I'm saying that he's unlikely based off of Sakurai's past comments about him. Why is this so hard to grasp?

Stop confusing probability with facts.
---
Hello, kind friend. =)
#52SuperturkeysPosted 12/6/2012 5:45:49 PM
I personally would love Ridley but I just don't think it would work. This isn't a problem of scale and sizing but control and feel. A slow, grounded Ridley would seem like an insult and so would a fast wimpy one. Getting a balance would be a hassle for Sakurai and the fans would still be annoyed at his play style one way or another.
---
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
- Frank Lloyd Wright
#53ViewtifulGenePosted 12/6/2012 5:47:31 PM
Dustof_DryBones posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
That's not how it works. The absence of proof is not the proof of absence. Until we have a recent quote we can't possibly know what he actually thinks right now. You have not ruled out the possibility of his mind changing, especially not when the quote is years old, a lot can change over a few years, and Sakurai has changed his mind before.

We don't know Sakurai changed his mind or not. You don't get to spin "we don't know" as "no" just because that's what you want it to be.

I'm not arguing for "no." I'm saying that he's unlikely based off of Sakurai's past comments about him. Why is this so hard to grasp?

Stop confusing probability with facts.

The facts do not prove him unlikely. The absence of proof is not the proof of absence. Just because you have evidence for one side but not the other, it doesn't follow that the other side is proven less likely.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#54ViewtifulGenePosted 12/6/2012 5:48:40 PM
Superturkeys posted...
I personally would love Ridley but I just don't think it would work. This isn't a problem of scale and sizing but control and feel. A slow, grounded Ridley would seem like an insult and so would a fast wimpy one. Getting a balance would be a hassle for Sakurai and the fans would still be annoyed at his play style one way or another.

You don't know what would and wouldn't be a hassle for Sakurai. You aren't Sakurai.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#55MottmanPosted 12/6/2012 5:54:09 PM
Superturkeys posted...
the fans would still be annoyed at his play style one way or another.

That's a given for EVERY character, not just Ridley. ;-)
---
My name is Mottman, and I approve this message.
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
#56SuperturkeysPosted 12/6/2012 5:56:58 PM
Mottman posted...
Superturkeys posted...
the fans would still be annoyed at his play style one way or another.

That's a given for EVERY character, not just Ridley. ;-)

lol true. I just feel since Ridley is such an interesting case (already being a huge boss) that his weight class/speed/power would be more heavily scrutinized then others
---
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
- Frank Lloyd Wright
#57wiiking96Posted 12/6/2012 6:16:27 PM
Mottman posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
and Sakurai has changed his mind before.

Not to disagree with you, but can you post some examples? I'd like to know myself, so I can quote them the next time we have this absurd "Ridley is too big" argument all over again.

He once believed that Pit wouldn't work with his wings(from what I've heard).
---
Quote and Curly Brace for Super Smash Bros 4!
Appeasing an unlimited amount of chocolate . . .
#58marchefelixPosted 12/6/2012 6:32:56 PM
This whole topic reminds me of the way my brothers react whenever I say Ridley can be playable in Smash:

"Ridley doesn't work for Smash. Get over it."

And they never give any arguments as to why he wouldn't work. =P

I think at one point, one of my cousins said that he's too "odd", but didn't really go into how he was odd.
---
(U)MvC3 is a fighting game for plebs
#59hyperskate65Posted 12/6/2012 7:40:39 PM
As much as I really am enjoying the silly, hostile responses (which were completely unnecessary), no one answered my question.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#60MrSpacelySlatePosted 12/6/2012 8:53:00 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Smash isn't canon. I don't see the goddamn problem in ignoring canon size for gameplay purposes.

This. Also on that note, Bowser, Kirby, and friggin' Olimar.