Observations on the Japanese Fanbase's Desires for Smash 4...

#11DragonImpsPosted 12/9/2012 6:14:28 PM(edited)
Kamek?
Phantom Zelda?
Paper Mario?
Porky, Masked Man?
Lyndis, Eirika?
Professor Layton, Amaterasu?

No mention?
#12EarthLord_CJPosted 12/9/2012 6:13:14 PM
Interesting information. Thanks, TC.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#13DynasticAnthonyPosted 12/9/2012 6:14:12 PM
Anything on Animal Crossing?
---
Tom Nook, Waluigi, King K. Rool, Little Mac and Leon S. Kennedy for Smash Bros. 4! Official Vice President of the Secret Board
I like lesbians...a lot.
#14Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:14:37 PM
Michaeloll posted...
Snakey, why aren't tetra nor ghirahim on your rank list,

and another question x]

When you said the mario reps are equally talked about although uncommon, is this

daisy bowser jr. toad waluigi rosalina and paper mario? i jsut want to know which reps are the "equal ones"

Tetra does not come up, its Toon Zelda that does. Also, both Ghirahim and Toon Zelda get less requests than Waddle Dee, and are definitely outside the B-tier in terms of request.

As for the Mario characters, the ones that come up are Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Toad, Daisy, Dr. Mario, Geno, Rosalina, Paper Mario, and Boo. Its hard to group them in terms of who got the most requests since they all don't get much at all, but I would say that Waluigi and Bowser Jr. come up more than the others. Lots of people want Dr. Mario back at least as a costume.
---
Play It Loud
#15xApollo_JusticePosted 12/9/2012 6:15:30 PM
How much of a desire is there to see Ike from Fire Emblem to return?
Are there any other FE characters worth noting, or did you pretty much get them all?
---
My SSB4 roster, picture by UberPyro64.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3918/rosterapolloroster.png
#16DynasticAnthonyPosted 12/9/2012 6:19:05 PM
Snakey posted...
Michaeloll posted...
Snakey, why aren't tetra nor ghirahim on your rank list,

and another question x]

When you said the mario reps are equally talked about although uncommon, is this

daisy bowser jr. toad waluigi rosalina and paper mario? i jsut want to know which reps are the "equal ones"

Tetra does not come up, its Toon Zelda that does. Also, both Ghirahim and Toon Zelda get less requests than Waddle Dee, and are definitely outside the B-tier in terms of request.

As for the Mario characters, the ones that come up are Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Toad, Daisy, Dr. Mario, Geno, Rosalina, Paper Mario, and Boo. Its hard to group them in terms of who got the most requests since they all don't get much at all, but I would say that Waluigi and Bowser Jr. come up more than the others. Lots of people want Dr. Mario back at least as a costume.

Thank you. This made my day.
---
Tom Nook, Waluigi, King K. Rool, Little Mac and Leon S. Kennedy for Smash Bros. 4! Official Vice President of the Secret Board
I like lesbians...a lot.
#17SneaselPosted 12/9/2012 6:19:10 PM
xApollo_Justice posted...
How much of a desire is there to see Ike from Fire Emblem to return?

or better yet, are there any Brawl characters that people tend to want or expect to be cut?
---
'I am awesome and will make your sig awesome' - The Grammar Police01
Not changing this line until Modest Mouse gets some Rock Band DLC.
#18Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:19:10 PM
DragonImps posted...
Kamek?
Phantom Zelda?
Paper Mario?
Porky, Masked Man?
Lyndis, Eirika?
Professor Layton, Amaterasu?

No mention?

Kamek: Yoshi characters never come up.

Phantom Zelda: Toon Zelda is the Zelda character that comes up the second-most often.

Paper Mario: See few requests.

Porky, Masked Man: Mother requests are uncommon, however, when it does happen I usually see Kumatora.

Lyn, Eirika: For Fire Emblem characters, the only two that get a lot of requests are Roy and Chrom. Among females, Lucina is the most requested. After that its Micaiah, then Lyn, then Eirika.

Layton: Layton's name has come up a few times. However, honestly I have seen Cloud and Sora come up more often than most third-party character. The only third-party character gets a ton of requests is Mega Man.
---
Play It Loud
#19Warp_ZonePosted 12/9/2012 6:20:35 PM
How similar does the Japanese fanbase act to the GFAQs one?
---
All internet behavior: http://m.xkcd.com/386/
#20xApollo_JusticePosted 12/9/2012 6:22:58 PM
Snakey posted...

Lyn, Eirika: For Fire Emblem characters, the only two that get a lot of requests are Roy and Chrom. Among females, Lucina is the most requested. After that its Micaiah, then Lyn, then Eirika.

Thanks.
---
My SSB4 roster, picture by UberPyro64.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3918/rosterapolloroster.png