This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Observations on the Japanese Fanbase's Desires for Smash 4...

#21Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 5:27:21 PM(edited)
Sneasel posted...
>
or better yet, are there any Brawl characters that people tend to want or expect to be cut?

There is a lot of fear amongst the Japanese Smash Bros. fanbase that Sakurai is going to take a chainsaw to Brawl's roster.

The characters that the Japanese fanbase are worried about being cut are Snake, Sonic, Lucario, Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Toon Link, and Pokemon Trainer.

Keep in mind much of the Japanese Smash Bros. fans don't want anybody to be cut and for Mewtwo and Roy to be brought back.

Heck, there is a sizable minority that pretty much says their hopes for Smash 4 in regards to the roster are for everyone from Brawl to be brought back as well as Mewtwo and Roy, and wants the roster to be balanced extensively and characters to be overhauled, and to call it a day from there.
---
Play It Loud
#22PlasmaCannonPosted 12/9/2012 5:25:54 PM
Snakey posted...
PlasmaCannon posted...
Lip and Panel de Pon?

Unfortunately, as I mentioned retro requests are uncommon from what I have seen. Lip and Panel de Pon does not come up much. Lip comes up slightly more than Sukapon and Prince Sabure, but still does not come up much at all. Panel de Pon still has a cult following in Japan, however, Intelligent Systems doing nothing with the series since 2007 might be the main culprit behind the lack of interest for Lip this time.

Takamaru is the most requested retro character, but as I said, retro characters usually don't come up.

Pathetic to hear.

My next question is who do they think will be cut?
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#23xyzlacticPosted 12/9/2012 5:25:54 PM
pretty much ones we can say most likely are confirmed

-Mewtwo
-Palutena
-Takumaru
-King K rool
-Ridley(Non Japanese fanbase, if sakurai decides to catter to the american fanbase)
-megaman?
-Shulk
#24PlasmaCannonPosted 12/9/2012 5:28:33 PM(edited)
Oh cool a same time post with xyzlactic.

The characters that the Japanese fanbase are worried about being cut are Snake, Sonic, Lucario, Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Toon Link, and Pokemon Trainer.

What about Jigglypuff?
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#25Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 12/9/2012 5:27:41 PM
xyzlactic posted...
pretty much ones we can say most likely are confirmed

-Mewtwo
-Palutena
-Takumaru
-King K rool
-Ridley(Non Japanese fanbase, if sakurai decides to catter to the american fanbase)
-megaman?
-Shulk

Love it!!! LOVE IT!!!! <3
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#26Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 5:29:48 PM
PlasmaCannon posted...

What about Jigglypuff?

Sometimes talk about Jigglypuff being cut does come up, but the consensus seems to be that she is now a staple to the Smash Bros. series.
---
Play It Loud
#27Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 12/9/2012 5:30:39 PM
Anything on Pac-Man?
What do they say about Tales vs. Tekken?
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#28PlasmaCannonPosted 12/9/2012 5:33:18 PM
Snakey posted...
PlasmaCannon posted...

What about Jigglypuff?

Sometimes talk about Jigglypuff being cut does come up, but the consensus seems to be that she is now a staple to the Smash Bros. series.

This is very good to know. Suck it Jigglypuff haters.
---
#29Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 5:34:17 PM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
Anything on Pac-Man?
What do they say about Tales vs. Tekken?

A lot of the stuff on Tekken and Tales is intelligible because there is a lot of personal insults and flame wars involved. A lot of Japanese forum memes that I don't get understand gets thrown around and a lot of childishness.

Reminds me a lot about GameFAQs.

Pac-Man I don't see come up much. When he does, its basically, "Pac-Man seems to be the most appropriate Namco character they could use for Smash Bros., don't you think?"

Lots of Tales characters names get thrown around, but there is no character they can agree on, and they all flame war each other for supporting a certain character or not having an opinion regarding a certain Tales game.
---
Play It Loud
#30alien803Posted 12/9/2012 5:34:49 PM
Could you link to the board?
---
Hey Crapface! Why dontcha blow it out your ear.