Observations on the Japanese Fanbase's Desires for Smash 4...

#31Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:38:12 PM
alien803 posted...
Could you link to the board?

Its not a single board. A collection of websites, the comments to a blog, comments to an article, message boards, 2ch, etc.

2ch is probably the worst in terms of comments because it quickly derails into flame wars.

A lot of the sites also got NSFW ads on them.
---
Play It Loud
#32PlasmaCannonPosted 12/9/2012 6:39:35 PM
I know you said retros rarely get mentioned but does the "Duck Hunt" Dog ever get mentioned?
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#33Koro-SenseiPosted 12/9/2012 6:40:13 PM
Snakey posted...
PlasmaCannon posted...
Lip and Panel de Pon?

Unfortunately, as I mentioned retro requests are uncommon from what I have seen. Lip and Panel de Pon does not come up much. Lip comes up slightly more than Sukapon and Prince Sabure, but still does not come up much at all. Panel de Pon still has a cult following in Japan, however, Intelligent Systems doing nothing with the series since 2007 might be the main culprit behind the lack of interest for Lip this time.

Takamaru is the most requested retro character, but as I said, retro characters usually don't come up.

Hell yes. This is enough to convince Hideki Kamiya of Platinum Studios to make a Murasame Castle reboot before Star Fox.
#34Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:41:17 PM
PlasmaCannon posted...
I know you said retros rarely get mentioned but does the "Duck Hunt" Dog ever get mentioned?

I have never seen Duck Hunt Dog come up once.
---
Play It Loud
#35EarthLord_CJPosted 12/9/2012 6:44:44 PM
Snakey posted...
Lots of Tales characters names get thrown around, but there is no character they can agree on, and they all flame war each other for supporting a certain character or not having an opinion regarding a certain Tales game.

Yeah, that really doesn't surprise me in the least. -___-
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#36DynasticAnthonyPosted 12/9/2012 6:45:22 PM
Anything on Animal Crossing, 3rd parties besides the ones you mentioned?
---
Tom Nook, Waluigi, King K. Rool, Little Mac and Leon S. Kennedy for Smash Bros. 4! Official Vice President of the Secret Board
I like lesbians...a lot.
#37GohansephirothPosted 12/9/2012 6:46:15 PM
lol at people taking their likings as confirmations/sure things. They are in the same boat we are, what they want may happen, but it definitely doesnt mean anything if sakurai doesnt want to go in that direction.
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss
#38Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:48:12 PM
DynasticAnthony posted...

Animal Crossing comes up sometimes, but its usually the "Animal Crossing boy/girl". Sakurai pretty much destroyed the hope of a playable Animal Crossing character by labeling it a series too peaceful to have a fighter.

I have pretty much said all that needs to be said regarding third-party characters so far in this topic.

I will also say there is a lot of idiots running around suggesting anime characters.
---
Play It Loud
#39PlasmaCannonPosted 12/9/2012 6:49:57 PM
Snakey posted...
I will also say there is a lot of idiots running around suggesting anime characters.

What anime characters do you commonly see suggested?
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#40DynasticAnthonyPosted 12/9/2012 6:53:09 PM
Snakey posted...
DynasticAnthony posted...

Animal Crossing comes up sometimes, but its usually the "Animal Crossing boy/girl". Sakurai pretty much destroyed the hope of a playable Animal Crossing character by labeling it a series too peaceful to have a fighter.

Couldn't Sakurai easily change his mind? With the HUGE popularity of New Leaf in Japan, having selling out within it's first two weeks. I'd say a rep is likely.

I guess Tom Nook might be the second most-mentioned, right?
---
Tom Nook, Waluigi, King K. Rool, Little Mac and Leon S. Kennedy for Smash Bros. 4! Official Vice President of the Secret Board
I like lesbians...a lot.