Observations on the Japanese Fanbase's Desires for Smash 4...

#421albertojz356Posted 12/18/2012 3:29:41 PM
Snakey posted...
albertojz356 posted...

In Roy's case he isn't more signifcant or prominent over the other lords. He may seem more well known and better requested, just like he was during pre-Brawl but we can't assume that he's a guarantee over the others because of that especially not after none of that mattered for him during Brawl.

Roy is more significant and more prominent than most of the other lords. He is certainly the most significant and prominent lord of the GBA Fire Emblem trilogy.

He also nearly got in Brawl, and would have gotten in if were not for time constraints.

It depends really. He has the first GBA game to himself but the GBA game that matters the most is the one that went international and that's FE7 similarly to the mother series why Earthbound was considered over Mother 1 even if Ninten marked the beginning of them. Besides if we start comparing Roy to non-lords he'll look even more minuscule to the series.

Okay so he nearly got in Brawl it's not really a guarantee to his reintroduction though. Similarly E.gadd nearly got in Mario Kart ds but he wasn't in the future titles. The thing that I think affects Roy the most is just that. He nearly got in but didn't make it. That enforces the idea that he's just an expendable slot than the rest. While he was a veteran in Melee he's was not good enough to be considered over new FE characters. I also think that his lack of trophy make it even more questionable if time constraints were his biggest obstacle.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#422Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 3:33:15 PM
albertojz356 posted...

It depends really. He has the first GBA game to himself but the GBA game that matters the most is the one that went international and that's FE7 similarly to the mother series why Earthbound was considered over Mother 1 even if Ninten marked the beginning of them. Besides if we start comparing Roy to non-lords he'll look even more minuscule to the series.

If you seriously think Lyn and Micaiah are more important to the series than Roy you are an absolutely deluded fanboy.

You are the same person who during pre-Brawl would have been saying Midna is more important than Toon Link and Krystal is more important than Wolf, or that Lyn was more deserving than Ike.

You got female fanboyism on the brain and it completely blinds you to everything you think about or analyze.
---
Play It Loud
#423albertojz356Posted 12/18/2012 4:19:01 PM
Snakey posted...
albertojz356 posted...

If you seriously think Lyn and Micaiah are more important to the series than Roy you are an absolutely deluded fanboy.

You are the same person who during pre-Brawl would have been saying Midna is more important than Toon Link and Krystal is more important than Wolf, or that Lyn was more deserving than Ike.

You got female fanboyism on the brain and it completely blinds you to everything you think about or analyze.

I'm not a blind or deluded fanboy. There is a divide between what I want and what I think is likely. I think the likeliest addition to the Fire Emblem roster is Chrom and what i'd like to see I think only has a chance to come in third. Disagreeing with you that Roy would return does not make me more fanboy than you declaring Roy would take priority over Chrom.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#424Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 4:22:34 PM
albertojz356 posted...

I'm not a blind or deluded fanboy. There is a divide between what I want and what I think is likely. I think the likeliest addition to the Fire Emblem roster is Chrom and what i'd like to see I think only has a chance to come in third. Disagreeing with you that Roy would return does not make me more fanboy than you declaring Roy would take priority over Chrom.

Its not going to be Marth, Chrom, and Ike. I can guarantee you that. It will either be Marth and Chrom or Marth, Roy, and Ike.

There is no female Fire Emblem character that is going to take priority over Roy no matter how much you wish it to be so.

Other users have warned you before to take your female Fire Emblem character obsession to private messages instead of de-railing my topic with it.
---
Play It Loud
#425TBdragon90Posted 12/18/2012 5:43:50 PM
I wanted to post this for a while but couldn't. After thinking it over I wanted to say this and I hope all of you will listen.

I know Micaiah is not the only Fire Emblem character that has a chance of getting in SSB4. There are also the likes of Lucina, Chrom, Sheeda, and Lyn. However, she is the character I personally would like to see and believe is a good choice. Others on here seem to share the same thought as well.

The thing that I see as a problem though is there are quite a bit of people here that automatically count her out and say she shouldn't be in or doesn't deserve it. Not everyone but it seems like there are people here that do. Yet they keep naming the likes of the characters mentioned above over and over.

I am not ranting here, I am not arguing either. I just want to know how you guys saying those choices are any different than people naming Micaiah. You have reasons, they have reasons. It is all opinion though. All of these characters have pretty good chances, especially Micaiah, Chrom, and Lyn.

I understand where you are all coming from with your choices and I can see those possibilities as well. I am just hoping you can understand where people picking Micaiah are coming from as well.

No hate, only Smash.
#426UberPyro64Posted 12/18/2012 5:45:30 PM
Snakey posted...
albertojz356 posted...

Its not going to be Marth, Chrom, and Ike. I can guarantee you that. It will either be Marth and Chrom or Marth, Roy, and Ike.

There is no female Fire Emblem character that is going to take priority over Roy no matter how much you wish it to be so.

Other users have warned you before to take your female Fire Emblem character obsession to private messages instead of de-railing my topic with it.

What about Marth, Chrom and Roy?
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/4340/4549charactersroster.png
#427TBdragon90Posted 12/18/2012 5:54:03 PM
Snakey posted...
albertojz356 posted...

Quick question, why do you feel no female character should take priority over Roy? Just wondering.
#428victinivcreate1Posted 12/18/2012 6:03:39 PM
Why does it matter to so many people how many female characters are in ssb4. If u want to see ladies play God of War 3 or something.
---
3ds FC: 3007 8585 6950
I play an agressive raptor claws but they play with dash shots and team support.
#429TBdragon90Posted 12/18/2012 6:06:52 PM
victinivcreate1 posted...
Why does it matter to so many people how many female characters are in ssb4. If u want to see ladies play God of War 3 or something.

Balance the reps out more
#430victinivcreate1Posted 12/18/2012 6:30:05 PM
fair enough. All i want is my lovely Genesect and Mewtwo
---
3ds FC: 3007 8585 6950
I play an agressive raptor claws but they play with dash shots and team support.