This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Observations on the Japanese Fanbase's Desires for Smash 4...

#431Master_Warlord7Posted 12/18/2012 5:36:10 PM
I'm not sure how much you actually translate, but here are a couple questions about what the people are actually -saying-.

How sure are you of Dixie Kong's mentions being actual requests and not predictions/mentions of her in the forbidden 7? Based off them mentioning Toon Zelda more than Tingle and Mewtwo/Roy being so high, they could just be giving too much importance to that.

Do the Japanese ever mention the whole Black Shadow/Ganondorf moveset trade thing?
---
~~~V Smash Bros Moveset Making Paradise V~~~
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326189
#432ThatPersonGuyPosted 12/18/2012 6:05:44 PM
Snakey posted...
albertojz356 posted...

It depends really. He has the first GBA game to himself but the GBA game that matters the most is the one that went international and that's FE7 similarly to the mother series why Earthbound was considered over Mother 1 even if Ninten marked the beginning of them. Besides if we start comparing Roy to non-lords he'll look even more minuscule to the series.

If you seriously think Lyn and Micaiah are more important to the series than Roy you are an absolutely deluded fanboy.

You are the same person who during pre-Brawl would have been saying Midna is more important than Toon Link and Krystal is more important than Wolf, or that Lyn was more deserving than Ike.

You got female fanboyism on the brain and it completely blinds you to everything you think about or analyze.

A./ It's not female fanboyism, more the ASE, or Assist Trophy Effect for short. When an Assist Trophy from an already repped series is put into play, they overvalue their overall importance to the series.

See that Gorgh argument in the Rumor topic, this, and Waluigi.

B./ Look, I know that I shouldn't enter in a debate with a seasoned Smash Worlder, but I see a bit of Fanboyism on your part too. Although you won't directly admit it, you seem to think having just Marth and Roy in Smash 4 is a possible position, and overestimate Roy's overall importance as well.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#433harvestmoonmikePosted 12/18/2012 6:21:24 PM(edited)
You can't lump every AT into the same level of worth. Some of the characters show a level of importance that could almost pass as a playable, but they're just not quite at the same level as the characters currently playable (I'd say Little Mac, other retro characters, even Goroh would be this. The second party characters too, and there's lots of them, they'd be worthy of playable status if only their franchises were more important to Nintendo, or that they were more successful)... But if there were more room on the roster maybe they would... But then other AT characters seem to be there based more on function, rather than representation (Lyn, Kat and Ana, Knuckle Joe)... And then some ATs are a better route for representation than being playable, like AC or Nintendogs.

It's hard to predict what will happen with AT characters in the next game. But looking at the AT characters that are currently there, there's lot of different reasons as to why they might be there... And we don't know for sure which reasons are enough to say they can't be playable next time around. Unless it's stated other wise, or what these characters represent to their own series outside of Smash (like, I doubt Lakitu or Hammer Bros. has any chance in the world... Waluigi though?... Eh... maybe. It's hard to know).
---
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/TfnNN.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/JSxGG.jpg
#434harvestmoonmikePosted 12/18/2012 6:16:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#435TBdragon90Posted 12/18/2012 7:20:39 PM
The only ATs from Brawl I could see as characters are Ray Mk3 and Lyn.

isaac and Saki would not get in as it should be Matthew and Isa Jo instead.
---
Shulk, Micaiah, Aeron, Isa, Matthew, 2nd Gen Trainer, Ghirahim, Bowser Jr, Little Mac, Zael, Andy, Ridley, Chrom, Mega-Man, and Travis Touchdown for SSB4
#436TBdragon90Posted 12/18/2012 7:29:07 PM
I also referred back to the Fire Emblem roster a few posts up. I really hope people could check it out. I think it would settle a few things and get certain people on here to answer some needed questions.

Thanks for those that do, it is appreciated.
---
Shulk, Micaiah, Aeron, Isa, Matthew, 2nd Gen Trainer, Ghirahim, Bowser Jr, Little Mac, Zael, Andy, Ridley, Chrom, Mega-Man, and Travis Touchdown for SSB4
#437IngSlayerPosted 12/18/2012 7:46:18 PM
Are you people done talking about Fire Emblem? Because I couldn't care less about it.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#438Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 2:53:32 AM
Master_Warlord7 posted...
I'm not sure how much you actually translate, but here are a couple questions about what the people are actually -saying-.

How sure are you of Dixie Kong's mentions being actual requests and not predictions/mentions of her in the forbidden 7? Based off them mentioning Toon Zelda more than Tingle and Mewtwo/Roy being so high, they could just be giving too much importance to that.

Do the Japanese ever mention the whole Black Shadow/Ganondorf moveset trade thing?

Toon Zelda only got a lot of requests at one site I looked at. Elsewhere, she was barely requested. That is why I did not include her in that C-tier I posted. Its basically only Ghirahim that has a consistent showing for requests among Zelda newcomers.

Mewtwo and Roy were the top picks at nearly every site I looked at though, and Dixie Kong always came up quite a bit. Those are the only three of the Forbidden 7 that come up a lot.

I have seen a few mentions of Black Shadow getting Ganondorf's Melee/Brawl moveset. However, their does seem to be more genuine support there for the character than for the West, which mostly stems from the F-Zero anime and Norio Wakamoto's performance as the character.
---
Play It Loud
#439Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 2:57:41 AM
ThatPersonGuy posted...

B./ Look, I know that I shouldn't enter in a debate with a seasoned Smash Worlder, but I see a bit of Fanboyism on your part too. Although you won't directly admit it, you seem to think having just Marth and Roy in Smash 4 is a possible position, and overestimate Roy's overall importance as well.

I can guarantee you 99% that Smash 4 is not going to have just Marth and Roy, I don't know where you got that from.

The playable representation for Fire Emblem in Smash 4 is either going to be:

A:
Marth
Chrom

or

B:
Marth
Roy
Ike

Its not that I overestimate Roy's importance so much as most of this board underestimates it.
---
Play It Loud
#440ThatPersonGuyPosted 12/19/2012 4:24:29 AM
harvestmoonmike posted...
You can't lump every AT into the same level of worth. Some of the characters show a level of importance that could almost pass as a playable, but they're just not quite at the same level as the characters currently playable (I'd say Little Mac, other retro characters, even Goroh would be this. The second party characters too, and there's lots of them, they'd be worthy of playable status if only their franchises were more important to Nintendo, or that they were more successful)... But if there were more room on the roster maybe they would... But then other AT characters seem to be there based more on function, rather than representation (Lyn, Kat and Ana, Knuckle Joe)... And then some ATs are a better route for representation than being playable, like AC or Nintendogs.

It's hard to predict what will happen with AT characters in the next game. But looking at the AT characters that are currently there, there's lot of different reasons as to why they might be there... And we don't know for sure which reasons are enough to say they can't be playable next time around. Unless it's stated other wise, or what these characters represent to their own series outside of Smash (like, I doubt Lakitu or Hammer Bros. has any chance in the world... Waluigi though?... Eh... maybe. It's hard to know).

NO, they only have worth equal to how they are in their respective series, plus a bit more depending on their situation respective the their own series. If you've been proved that Gorgh's importance is being way overstated by you, all you're doing is running back to square 1, back to Melee's intro and Brawl's AT.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.