This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Observations on the Japanese Fanbase's Desires for Smash 4...

#441ThatPersonGuyPosted 12/19/2012 4:26:15 AM
Snakey posted...
ThatPersonGuy posted...

B./ Look, I know that I shouldn't enter in a debate with a seasoned Smash Worlder, but I see a bit of Fanboyism on your part too. Although you won't directly admit it, you seem to think having just Marth and Roy in Smash 4 is a possible position, and overestimate Roy's overall importance as well.

I can guarantee you 99% that Smash 4 is not going to have just Marth and Roy, I don't know where you got that from.

The playable representation for Fire Emblem in Smash 4 is either going to be:

A:
Marth
Chrom

or

B:
Marth
Roy
Ike

Its not that I overestimate Roy's importance so much as most of this board underestimates it.

Again, just a bit of analyzing from me. If you agree that that's not how it's going to work, then we have no problem here. But yes, this board hates Roy for no good reason.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#442TyranidomegaPosted 12/19/2012 6:49:58 AM
Off-topic but I'm curious: how's the Japanese Pokemon fanbase compared to the Western fanbase? Are they more unified as fans, or do they also have their share of Gen X is the best arguements?
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#443UberPyro64Posted 12/19/2012 7:27:44 AM
Snakey posted...
ThatPersonGuy posted...

B./ Look, I know that I shouldn't enter in a debate with a seasoned Smash Worlder, but I see a bit of Fanboyism on your part too. Although you won't directly admit it, you seem to think having just Marth and Roy in Smash 4 is a possible position, and overestimate Roy's overall importance as well.

I can guarantee you 99% that Smash 4 is not going to have just Marth and Roy, I don't know where you got that from.

The playable representation for Fire Emblem in Smash 4 is either going to be:

A:
Marth
Chrom

or

B:
Marth
Roy
Ike

Its not that I overestimate Roy's importance so much as most of this board underestimates it.

It's probably going to be the former. But Ike could return too. I mean Star Fox has three similar reps, FE could too.

But then what about the option of Marth, Roy and Chrom? That could happen too.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/4340/4549charactersroster.png
#444Jack_the_monke7Posted 12/19/2012 8:39:04 AM
Anyone that thinks about it logically will see that Marth, Ike, Chrom, and Roy are the only Fire Emblem characters with any chance.

Every lord other than Chrom we can say is outdated. Chrom is the modern lord, everyone else was in the past. Chrom gets the edge for being recent. So, who stands out? Obviously Marth, the original lord who starred in 2 games and had 2 recent remakes, and who has been popular in 2 Super Smash Bros. games. Clearly Marth will be in. Who else stands out? Certainly not someone like Lyn, Anna, Hector, or Sigurd who were just as important (if not less) than every other lord who starred in one game. There is only one other Lord who starred in more than one game (not counting Leaf as a star in FE4), and it is Ike. Ike, like Marth, starred in 2 games and has been playable/popular in Super Smash Bros. and who else gets the Super Smash Bros. edge? Roy, who was in Super Smash Bros. and became very popular because of it to the point where he is now the most requested Fire Emblem rep.

Ultimatly, it comes down to the lords who already have Super Smash Bros. credit, tons of popularity, and multiple game appearences. And Chrom for being the current very popular lord. Personally, I believe 3 of these 4 will be in and Marth will be one and Ike is likely to be another. However I would love to see all 4.

(Note, I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan and I love tons of characters, but most of them have no realistic shot)
#445DaisyfanboyPosted 12/19/2012 8:50:50 AM
SO HOW ABOUT THAT GENESECT

/not fire emblem
---
So I'm still waiting for Daisy to reappear in something that's not a spinoff.
I'll probably end up dying first or something but optimism is fun.
#446MetalKirbyPlushPosted 12/19/2012 10:01:04 AM
F-Zero: Requests for a F-Zero newcomer usually go to Black Shadow. A lot of people want Black Shadow to be voiced by Norio Wakamoto.

I'm ok with this.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#447ssj_duelistPosted 12/19/2012 1:32:27 PM
Daisyfanboy posted...

/not fire emblem

Rumors are a 6th gen Pokemon will appear in the Genesect movie.

6th gen rep confirmed 100%.
#448IngSlayerPosted 12/19/2012 1:52:22 PM
Daisyfanboy posted...

/not fire emblem

I want it to have its "high-speed flight" form.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#449Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 4:00:08 PM
ssj_duelist posted...

Rumors are a 6th gen Pokemon will appear in the Genesect movie.

6th gen rep confirmed 100%.

I am not sure whether the Pokemon Company will want their next Lucario/Zoroark to headline next year's movie with Genesect. If there is a Generation 6 Pokemon in next year's movie, it might be something along the lines of Munchlax.

We will find out in the next few months whether a Generation 6 Pokemon will show in Genesect's movie. If a Lucario/Zoroark does show up in Genesect's movie and Pokemon becomes the new poster-Pokemon for Generation 6, then I think that character would have a priority over all the other Generation 5 Pokemon.

I do think in 2014 though, that we will definitely get a prominent Generation 6 Pokemon.
---
Play It Loud
#450Green MambaPosted 12/19/2012 4:02:01 PM
Yeah, I'm curious Snakey, why do you consider Marth, Roy, and Chrom not a valid possibility?
---
God makes mistakes too...--duderdude3
Agree'd. Most of those mistakes post here.--SwordMaster100