Observations on the Japanese Fanbase's Desires for Smash 4...

#451SalsaSavantPosted 12/19/2012 5:03:07 PM
To 500?
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#452SmallerRidleyPosted 12/19/2012 5:03:30 PM
It's too bad there's no discussion of the gameplay that approaches this sort of topic about paint.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit.
#453Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 12/19/2012 5:04:40 PM
I really hope they just bring Dr. Mario back.
He was one of my mains :(
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#454IngSlayerPosted 12/19/2012 5:09:07 PM
SmallerRidley posted...
It's too bad there's no discussion of the gameplay

Yeah it suc-

SmallerRidley posted...
that approaches this sort of topic about paint.

... ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN8NUKmAguc
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#455SmallerRidleyPosted 12/19/2012 5:10:35 PM
... ...

Ballz (Genesis)

This is a topic about paint. You didn't realize that?
---
#456reaverzPosted 12/19/2012 6:12:26 PM
Snakey posted...
ssj_duelist posted...

Rumors are a 6th gen Pokemon will appear in the Genesect movie.

6th gen rep confirmed 100%.

I am not sure whether the Pokemon Company will want their next Lucario/Zoroark to headline next year's movie with Genesect. If there is a Generation 6 Pokemon in next year's movie, it might be something along the lines of Munchlax.

We will find out in the next few months whether a Generation 6 Pokemon will show in Genesect's movie. If a Lucario/Zoroark does show up in Genesect's movie and Pokemon becomes the new poster-Pokemon for Generation 6, then I think that character would have a priority over all the other Generation 5 Pokemon.

I do think in 2014 though, that we will definitely get a prominent Generation 6 Pokemon.

The Genesect movie's title was recently revealed and is very likely an abbreviated title. Here's what Serebii reported on it:

The sixteenth movie has been revealed to feature a shiny Genesect, showcasing the appearance it has in flight, and be called Extremespeed Genesect, with tradition dictating there will likely be an addition to the title in the Spring.

The tradition he talks about is something they've been doing with the Pokemon movies since at least the Zoroark one; that is, revealing the full title in the Spring because it shows off something new. Movie13's full title revealed Zoroark, Movie14 was later revealed to be two titles instead of the initially announced one, and Movie15's second poster revealed Keldeo, and the third poster its Resolute Form (the "Sacred Swordsman" part of the title could have referred to any of the musketeer trio in the first poster; only later was it confirmed to be Keldeo, not that anyone was surprised).

The Genesect movie title (ExtremeSpeed Genesect) is too short to be the full title. It's extremely likely that they're withholding the full title until Spring as usual because it would reveal something big (just as Movie13 had to wait until Zoroark was revealed before they changed the "Z" in the title to Zoroark). The only "big" thing that many of us Pokemon regulars see being withheld is a 6th Gen Pokemon, not a new form because it's very unlikely they'll release any more 5th Gen games (that argument is a whole other beast so I won't delve into it now). In addition, Serebii confirmed that the way Genesect flies is not an alternate form since there's a proper way to name forms in Japanese and they don't use it in reference to that.

If the full title is being withheld because it contains a new Pokemon, then I very much doubt that the Pokemon in question is of the Munchlax sort. It's very likely to have a strong presence, or even a starring role. Such a new Pokemon would undoubtedly have to be considered for Smash 4's roster before any other Pokemon, especially if it's in any way humanoid. I guess we'll just wait to see what happens with Pokemon in the coming months.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#457Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 6:30:10 PM
reaverz posted...
Pokemon talk.

I see. If that's the case then a 6th-generation Pokemon is actually quite likely for the 2013 movie.

However, what about the possibility of Mewtwo being involved? Supposedly I heard a whole bunch of new Mewtwo merchandise has been released recently.
---
Play It Loud
#458reaverzPosted 12/19/2012 6:45:46 PM
Snakey posted...
reaverz posted...
Pokemon talk.

I see. If that's the case then a 6th-generation Pokemon is actually quite likely for the 2013 movie.

However, what about the possibility of Mewtwo being involved? Supposedly I heard a whole bunch of new Mewtwo merchandise has been released recently.

I'll admit that's a possibility. Though the only new Mewtwo merchandise I know about is this:
http://www.pocketmonsters.net/images/ib/29/13547931560041.jpg

Some have speculated about Mewtwo having a possible role in the Genesect movie, but there's been nothing concrete to really support it, besides the fact that they're both genetically engineered Pokemon that have been associated with a villainous team in the anime.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#459harvestmoonmikePosted 12/19/2012 10:50:14 PM
ThatPersonGuy posted...

NO, they only have worth equal to how they are in their respective series, plus a bit more depending on their situation respective the their own series. If you've been proved that Gorgh's importance is being way overstated by you, all you're doing is running back to square 1, back to Melee's intro and Brawl's AT.

What are you talking about proved? The guy defending Black Shadow never proved anything, other than Black Shadow being the main villain of the F-zero series and Samurai Goroh being used a fair amount, as well as being in the very first game (and labeled as Captain Falcon's rival). Both have value, but nowhere was there proof that Samurai Goroh wasn't second most prominent character shown to represent the series, particularly in Smash. It's like a Metaknight and King Dedede situation, both have their valuable status.

As for the Assist Trophies, each AT serves a different purpose, each character has a different value. When we have character like 8-bit Lakitu, Goroh, Andross, Waluigi, Metroid, Kururin, and Little Mac all sharing the AT space, characters of vastly different worth... None of which were valuable enough to be playable at the time, but perhaps just not valuable enough, some of these characters (with more room and opportunities given) could be next in line for playability... Of course, some of them obviously were obviously have no chance of being playable, and are instead created to be ATs.
---
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/TfnNN.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/JSxGG.jpg
#460SmallerRidleyPosted 12/21/2012 4:48:26 PM
ThatPersonGuy posted...

NO, they only have worth equal to how they are in their respective series, plus a bit more depending on their situation respective the their own series. If you've been proved that Gorgh's importance is being way overstated by you, all you're doing is running back to square 1, back to Melee's intro and Brawl's AT.

What are you talking about proved? The guy defending Black Shadow never proved anything, other than Black Shadow being the main villain of the F-zero series and Samurai Goroh being used a fair amount, as well as being in the very first game (and labeled as Captain Falcon's rival). Both have value, but nowhere was there proof that Samurai Goroh wasn't second most prominent character shown to represent the series, particularly in Smash. It's like a Metaknight and King Dedede situation, both have their valuable status.

As for the Assist Trophies, each AT serves a different purpose, each character has a different value. When we have character like 8-bit Lakitu, Goroh, Andross, Waluigi, Metroid, Kururin, and Little Mac all sharing the AT space, characters of vastly different worth... None of which were valuable enough to be playable at the time, but perhaps just not valuable enough, some of these characters (with more room and opportunities given) could be next in line for playability... Of course, some of them obviously were obviously have no chance of being playable, and are instead created to be ATs.

ATs shouldn't be a way to expand the scope of the roster. They should be done as a way to cameo characters that have very little opportunity as playables but still provide a unique character/personality/quirk that makes people wonder who they were or gives them that fuzzy feeling of knowing who they are. It doesn't do anything to placate people demanding these playable characters (until we start character hacking, then we have easy access to their models).

In other words, the AT roster isn't a substitute for not making them playable. They're there to be cameos.
---