This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Observations on the Japanese Fanbase's Desires for Smash 4...

#461TBdragon90Posted 12/21/2012 5:57:34 PM
SmallerRidley posted...
ThatPersonGuy posted...

NO, they only have worth equal to how they are in their respective series, plus a bit more depending on their situation respective the their own series. If you've been proved that Gorgh's importance is being way overstated by you, all you're doing is running back to square 1, back to Melee's intro and Brawl's AT.

What are you talking about proved? The guy defending Black Shadow never proved anything, other than Black Shadow being the main villain of the F-zero series and Samurai Goroh being used a fair amount, as well as being in the very first game (and labeled as Captain Falcon's rival). Both have value, but nowhere was there proof that Samurai Goroh wasn't second most prominent character shown to represent the series, particularly in Smash. It's like a Metaknight and King Dedede situation, both have their valuable status.

As for the Assist Trophies, each AT serves a different purpose, each character has a different value. When we have character like 8-bit Lakitu, Goroh, Andross, Waluigi, Metroid, Kururin, and Little Mac all sharing the AT space, characters of vastly different worth... None of which were valuable enough to be playable at the time, but perhaps just not valuable enough, some of these characters (with more room and opportunities given) could be next in line for playability... Of course, some of them obviously were obviously have no chance of being playable, and are instead created to be ATs.

ATs shouldn't be a way to expand the scope of the roster. They should be done as a way to cameo characters that have very little opportunity as playables but still provide a unique character/personality/quirk that makes people wonder who they were or gives them that fuzzy feeling of knowing who they are. It doesn't do anything to placate people demanding these playable characters (until we start character hacking, then we have easy access to their models).

In other words, the AT roster isn't a substitute for not making them playable. They're there to be cameos.

This
---
Shulk, Micaiah, Aeron, Isa, Matthew, 2nd Gen Trainer, Ghirahim, Bowser Jr, Little Mac, Zael, Andy, Ridley, Chrom, Mega-Man, and Travis Touchdown for SSB4
#462harvestmoonmikePosted 12/21/2012 6:39:43 PM
Well, Brawl being the first Smash with ATs, we'll see if any make it to playable status next game. Can't be entirely certain if they will or not, even if you think they shouldn't.
---
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/TfnNN.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/JSxGG.jpg
#463Cell JuniorPosted 12/21/2012 7:53:57 PM
This is really helpful. I am really happy they want Mewtwo and Roy back, and that Starfy is in their Top 10 if Mewtwo and Roy are omitted. I am also really happy they want Palutena. Definitely one of Nintendo's best characters.

I am sad that there is little demand for Pichu to return, and for Lip as a newcomer. ;_;

Someone should also tell them that Toad can be a playable character despite being part of Peach's moveset. Toad has so much going for him this time.
---
The Official Lip of the Smash Bros. Wii U Board; Smash Bros. needs more puzzle reps and cute: Lip and Toad for Smash 4
#464SmallerRidleyPosted 12/21/2012 8:31:51 PM
Well, Brawl being the first Smash with ATs, we'll see if any make it to playable status next game. Can't be entirely certain if they will or not, even if you think they shouldn't.

I'm not saying the Brawl ATs won't be, just that the ATs shouldn't be the "first 10 out" list.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit.
#465Kratos_Aurion75Posted 12/21/2012 8:57:03 PM
A lot of people want Black Shadow to be voiced by Norio Wakamoto.

Oh hell yes.
---
-And by fog, of course, MassiveUnit means black void of nothingness.
#466harvestmoonmikePosted 12/21/2012 9:18:11 PM
Kratos_Aurion75 posted...

Oh hell yes.

Ummm... but we wouldn't get that voice regardless. Unless that voice actor also speaks English.

As for ATs, some of them would fit as playable characters, a lot of them wouldn't. Whether its because of what they represent for a franchise or what their function is as an AT. I would at least hope some of them make it to playable status, Little Mac in particular.
---
#467Kratos_Aurion75Posted 12/21/2012 9:22:50 PM(edited)
harvestmoonmike posted...

Oh hell yes.

Ummm... but we wouldn't get that voice regardless. Unless that voice actor also speaks English.

Unless we get a choice in language selection like a ton of other games do.
---
-And by fog, of course, MassiveUnit means black void of nothingness.
#468Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 12/21/2012 9:47:15 PM

Oh hell yes.

Unless we get a choice in language selection like a ton of other games do.

Did Brawl have it like Melee? I think not right? I forgot D:
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#469Chaos_EchoPosted 12/21/2012 9:48:56 PM

Oh hell yes.

We got Japanese Falcon speaking English for short, 1-2 word phrases. Why not Wakamoto?
---
Majora's Incarnation is what happens when game designers smoke crack.
#470harvestmoonmikePosted 12/21/2012 10:22:25 PM
That'd be fine, but, can he speak English? And even if he can, would he sound just as good in English as he does in Japanese?
---