This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Observations on the Japanese Fanbase's Desires for Smash 4...

#471Kratos_Aurion75Posted 12/22/2012 10:28:43 AM
Did Brawl have it like Melee? I think not right? I forgot D:

It didn't. But to be fair the Melee option didn't change a whole lot. Almost all of the voice actors were the same (I think only Pokemon were different if I'm not mistaken). It did things like change some of the announcer lines and remove or add a line for Fox and Falco's taunts.
---
-And by fog, of course, MassiveUnit means black void of nothingness.
#472Chaos_EchoPosted 12/22/2012 10:56:00 AM(edited)
harvestmoonmike posted...
That'd be fine, but, can he speak English? And even if he can, would he sound just as good in English as he does in Japanese?

Well, I wouldn't think it's too hard to do 1-2 word blurbs in English, even if he doesn't know the language. Again, Falcon's VA does it fine, after all.
---
Majora's Incarnation is what happens when game designers smoke crack.
#473Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 10:17:30 AM(edited)
Green Mamba posted...
Yeah, I'm curious Snakey, why do you consider Marth, Roy, and Chrom not a valid possibility?

I am sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

While I do think Marth, Roy, and Chrom is a more plausible scenario than Marth, Ike, and Chrom, I don't see it as likely. I see Roy more likely than Ike due to standing out more in comparison to Chrom than Ike would, and IS being able to have more future utility to with the character than they would with Ike (a FE6 remake).

However, I think it will either be Marth and Chrom, or Marth, Roy, and Ike. If Sakurai deems Chrom worthy enough to be in, I think he will surmise that Ike and Chrom are too similar to one another to warrant both being on the roster, and since Ike's games are already as old as Roy's game was by the time Brawl was released, Ike will be the one getting the boot. In a Marth and Chrom scenario, Sakurai would not bother placing in Roy since it would be weird to be kicking out one character for relevancy issues, while bringing back another with similar relevancy issues (though being more visually distinctive in comparison to Chrom).

For, the Marth, Ike, and Roy scenario, I actually think its ironically going to be Roy that saves Ike's place in Smash Bros.

The strong negative reaction to Roy being cut in Japan is basically going to keep Sakurai's hands tied in regards to Fire Emblem. There is a very strong movement to bring Roy back that he is very likely aware, and he most likely knows he will end up creating a strong Ike movement for Smash 5 if he ends up cutting him. He probably also knows that although Chrom is the most current lord, if he does not place him in this time, there will be far less people asking about it when Smash 5 rolls around.

I am betting if Ike and Roy return, they will be used to promote future Fire Emblem games. Ike will be used to promote a possible future FE game with Paris (who will be a DLC costume for Ike), while Roy will be used to promote a FE6 remake (which the IS higher-ups have an interest in).
---
Play It Loud
#474Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 2:43:15 PM
Anyone else have any more questions or comments?
---
Play It Loud
#475Dragon_DezPosted 12/23/2012 3:01:52 PM
Snakey posted...
Anyone else have any more questions or comments?

Two questions:

1. Were there any other F-Zero candidates besides Black Shadow?

2. Do the fanbases also talk about what stages or music would they want besides what characters they want to see?
#476golden_yoshiPosted 12/23/2012 3:06:12 PM
Havenīt read the whole topic, sorry if anyone already asked this but could talk about Advance Wars, and Chibi Robo series?
#477ssj_duelistPosted 12/23/2012 3:07:06 PM
Any talk of R.O.B getting cut (assuming people actually remember this character).
#478bestssbbfanPosted 12/23/2012 3:11:12 PM(edited)
Sorry if its already been asked, but what can be said for non namco/megaman 3rd parties?

Also, Im happy to see mewtwo and Roy are way high up. Now only if someone could get that toad popularity fired up over there. Also pleasantly surprised to hear about K Rool.
---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!
#479Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 3:10:44 PM
golden_yoshi posted...
Havenīt read the whole topic, sorry if anyone already asked this but could talk about Advance Wars, and Chibi Robo series?

Its okay. Its practically to 500 posts lol.

Anyway, to answer your question, I have not seen any talk about Advance/Famicom Wars characters.

I have seen Chibi Robo come up a few times, but it is very rare.
---
Play It Loud
#480Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 3:14:42 PM
ssj_duelist posted...
Any talk of R.O.B getting cut (assuming people actually remember this character).

ROB is mentioned as a possible candidate for being cut (though seen as less likely to be cut than the third-party characters and Lucario and Ike).

The third-party characters they think stand a chance at being cut are:
Snake
Sonic
Lucario
Ike
Toon Link
Wolf
Lucas
Pokemon Trainer
ROB

However, in general, most of them don't want to see any cuts, though they are expecting them.
---
Play It Loud