Observations on the Japanese Fanbase's Desires for Smash 4...

#491KaabisteruPosted 12/26/2012 5:50:59 AM
SmallerRidley posted...
ThatPersonGuy posted...

NO, they only have worth equal to how they are in their respective series, plus a bit more depending on their situation respective the their own series. If you've been proved that Gorgh's importance is being way overstated by you, all you're doing is running back to square 1, back to Melee's intro and Brawl's AT.

What are you talking about proved? The guy defending Black Shadow never proved anything, other than Black Shadow being the main villain of the F-zero series and Samurai Goroh being used a fair amount, as well as being in the very first game (and labeled as Captain Falcon's rival). Both have value, but nowhere was there proof that Samurai Goroh wasn't second most prominent character shown to represent the series, particularly in Smash. It's like a Metaknight and King Dedede situation, both have their valuable status.

As for the Assist Trophies, each AT serves a different purpose, each character has a different value. When we have character like 8-bit Lakitu, Goroh, Andross, Waluigi, Metroid, Kururin, and Little Mac all sharing the AT space, characters of vastly different worth... None of which were valuable enough to be playable at the time, but perhaps just not valuable enough, some of these characters (with more room and opportunities given) could be next in line for playability... Of course, some of them obviously were obviously have no chance of being playable, and are instead created to be ATs.

ATs shouldn't be a way to expand the scope of the roster. They should be done as a way to cameo characters that have very little opportunity as playables but still provide a unique character/personality/quirk that makes people wonder who they were or gives them that fuzzy feeling of knowing who they are. It doesn't do anything to placate people demanding these playable characters (until we start character hacking, then we have easy access to their models).

In other words, the AT roster isn't a substitute for not making them playable. They're there to be cameos.

Fuzzy feeling of knowing who they are...

*Watches as Starfy gets always hit and send out of the stage*
---
The Official Starfy Of SSB4 /Komayto Of KIU Boards
3DS FC: 2793-0906-0731 / White 2 FC: 1335 5959 6892
#492LegendofLegaiaPosted 12/26/2012 10:02:25 AM
Snakey posted...
Cloud and Sora come up more often than anything that is not Mega Man or Namco.

You don't think that Sakurai will add either of those two, right? I really hope not.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#493TBdragon90Posted 12/26/2012 10:08:07 AM
harvestmoonmike posted...
Well, Brawl being the first Smash with ATs, we'll see if any make it to playable status next game. Can't be entirely certain if they will or not, even if you think they shouldn't.

The only ATs I could see playable are Ray Mk3 and maybe, MAYBE, Isaac (although in his adult self).

I think Waluigi will stay an AT and represent a sports game now, probably Strikers Charged. Kiciking soccer balls around.

Matthew will be the Golden Sun rep and Isa will be the Sin & Punishment rep.
---
Shulk, Micaiah, Aeron, Isa, Matthew, 2nd Gen Trainer, Ghirahim, Bowser Jr, Little Mac, Zael, Andy, Ridley, Chrom, Mega-Man, and Travis Touchdown for SSB4
#494LegendofLegaiaPosted 12/26/2012 10:09:28 AM
TBdragon90 posted...
The only ATs I could see playable are Ray Mk3 and maybe, MAYBE, Isaac (although in his adult self).

What about Little Mac?
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#495TBdragon90Posted 12/26/2012 10:17:12 AM
LegendofLegaia posted...
TBdragon90 posted...

What about Little Mac?

I just remembered I forgot to list him and came back to post it XD
---
Shulk, Micaiah, Aeron, Isa, Matthew, 2nd Gen Trainer, Ghirahim, Bowser Jr, Little Mac, Zael, Andy, Ridley, Chrom, Mega-Man, and Travis Touchdown for SSB4
#496SmallerRidleyPosted 12/26/2012 10:37:13 AM
Matthew will be the Golden Sun rep and Isa will be the Sin & Punishment rep.

I'm glad you're so convinced. Doesn't have anything to do with the question you were answering, though.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit.
#497SpunkySixPosted 12/26/2012 11:08:25 AM
I want in on this at the last second.

Any word on King Boo?
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Come on, really?
#498Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 12:55:34 PM
Ashuras_ posted...
Snakey, you said before that the IS higher-ups have an interest in making a FE6 remake.
Do you mind sharing where you heard this please ?

http://gonintendo.com/?p=71773

One of the higher-ups wanted a remake of Akaneia Senki, a remake of Akaneia Senki was contained within FE12. One of the higher-ups wanted a Fire Emblem All-Stars, FE13 was basically a Fire Emblem All-Stars.

Its interesting that the reason given for a remake of FE6 is for a chance to properly introduce Roy.
---
Play It Loud
#499TableFlipPosted 12/26/2012 12:56:47 PM
inb4500thPOST!!!111
---
I don't even know anymore.
#500Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 12:57:15 PM
500 posts wow. Thanks to everyone for making this happen.
---
Play It Loud