This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Observations on the Japanese Fanbase's Desires for Smash 4...

#61Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 12/9/2012 6:38:34 PM
Snakey posted...
PlasmaCannon posted...
What's the view on Miis?

Miis are uncommon in requests, which is surprising considering how much Wii Sports, Wii Play, Friends Collection, and Wii Fit sold in Japan. I guess the people who buy the Mii games in Japan are different from those who play Smash Bros., or perhaps they feel Miis would not work well in Smash Bros. since they are not defined characters?

This is SOO GOOOD!!!!!!!!!!
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#62Ari917Posted 12/9/2012 6:39:44 PM
-Interesting how the Pokemon reps talk seems to mimic what's going on over here. Fans either want or just expect Zoroark, Victini/Genesect/BW trainer are all semi-popular alternate choices and Mewtwo is THE Pokemon rep wanted. Same with Namco reps as well.

-I thought for sure Tingle would be the most requested for Zelda.

-I'm surprised that Chrom has the same problem Zoroark does, I thought for sure that he'd be more loved due to the popularity poll results that keep coming up.

-I'm glad that they also don't want characters to be cut. Hopefully Sakurai will listen.
#63alien803Posted 12/9/2012 6:40:28 PM
Snakey posted...
alien803 posted...
What is this game called in Japanese?

It does not have a title yet.

What is Super Smash Bros. 4 called in Japanese?
---
Hey Crapface! Why dontcha blow it out your ear.
#64Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:41:09 PM
IngSlayer posted...
IngSlayer posted...
Did anyone mention Magolor? (Kirby's Return to Dreamland)

Only Kirby characters that come up are Waddle Dee and Gooey. Waddle Dee gets far more requests than any other Kirby character.
---
Play It Loud
#65UberPyro64Posted 12/9/2012 6:42:37 PM
So Black Shadow comes up the most for F-Zero reps. But what about Samurai Goroh?
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/4340/4549charactersroster.png
#66alien803Posted 12/9/2012 6:44:31 PM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
Snakey posted...
PlasmaCannon posted...
What's the view on Miis?

Miis are uncommon in requests, which is surprising considering how much Wii Sports, Wii Play, Friends Collection, and Wii Fit sold in Japan. I guess the people who buy the Mii games in Japan are different from those who play Smash Bros., or perhaps they feel Miis would not work well in Smash Bros. since they are not defined characters?

This is SOO GOOOD!!!!!!!!!!

JAPAN'D
---
Hey Crapface! Why dontcha blow it out your ear.
#67Ari917Posted 12/9/2012 6:44:51 PM
So Chrom and Ike are at each other's throats? Again there's that parallel...

What about Lucario and Zoroark then? Are they in the same situation or is one or the other more requested?
#68Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:46:05 PM
Ari917 posted...
-

-I'm surprised that Chrom has the same problem Zoroark does, I thought for sure that he'd be more loved due to the popularity poll results that keep coming up..

I believe you are talking about the Nintendo Dream polls. Those usually just reflect whatever character is the most recent, so characters who have a more recent release are usually up there. The crowd that subscribes to Nintendo Dream is different than the one anticipates Smash 4. Wonder why Mewtwo is at the top of this, yet absent from the Nintendo Dream polls?

Also, as for Roy. Roy is actually in the Top 10 most requested characters in the West, and most requested Fire Emblem character in the West.
---
Play It Loud
#69scottwrittenPosted 12/9/2012 6:46:42 PM
Have you seen any requests for Impa (LOZ SS)? I know you said Ghirahim was the most wanted and SS sold poorly in Japan, so my guess is that if you have, it wasn’t much.

I'm sorry if we're all asking at the same time.
---
Do I believe in God? ...
Which one? Arceus? Palutena? Hylia, Nayru, Din, and Farore?
#70Snakey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:48:36 PM
UberPyro64 posted...
So Black Shadow comes up the most for F-Zero reps. But what about Samurai Goroh?

Samurai Goroh comes up sometimes. However, its usually just Black Shadow due to his prominent role in the F-Zero anime and the fact that Black Shadow was voiced by Norio Wakamoto, a popular voice actor. I have seen the idea of Black Shadow getting Ganondorf's Melee/Brawl moveset thrown around as well.
---
Play It Loud