This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A few early Roster tidbits I have come across via Bandai-Namco Employees.

#11xApollo_JusticePosted 12/12/2012 6:14:33 PM(edited)
DarkAres_02 posted...
Who's "Dillon"? I'm not trying to be mean and point out a spelling error; I literally don't know this character.

I don't know who TC is referencing but this is my best guess.

http://dillonsrollingwestern.nintendo.com/
---
My SSB4 roster, picture by UberPyro64.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3918/rosterapolloroster.png
#12DarkAres_02Posted 12/12/2012 6:15:33 PM
xApollo_Justice posted...
DarkAres_02 posted...
Who's "Dillon"? I'm not trying to be mean and point out a spelling error; I literally don't know this character.

I don't know who TC is referencing but this is my best guess.

http://dillonsrollingwestern.nintendo.com/

OH, holy crap I forgot about that. You know, it is a new IP. Did it do particularly well? It seemed kind of interesting when I first heard about it.
---
Waiting for: Fire Emblem: Awakening, and The Last of Us
Official Relm Arrowny of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#13NewMoonShadowPosted 12/12/2012 6:16:48 PM
Genius_Sage posted...
Although I remember someone during Brawl pre-release who revealed Wolf and some other things (was it a female?) and we thought the roster sucked so bad that we didn't believe her. Did she come out of nowhere too?

In the meantime, I'm actually going to grab info like this and document it. This time I'm not playing around.

But for what it's worth he IS telling the truth about the word Debu.

Yes, in fact he not only correctly named Wolf and Toon Link, he revealed Lucario replacing MewTwo, along with several items, including not only naming the Dragoon but also stating exactly how it was used.

Yet even after the Dragoon was revealed on the Dojo, 100% as he described it, people still refused to believe him because "they wouldn't cut MewTwo! D-:)
#14I_Wanna_CookiePosted 12/12/2012 6:18:03 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Genius_Sage posted...
Although I remember someone during Brawl pre-release who revealed Wolf and some other things (was it a female?) and we thought the roster sucked so bad that we didn't believe her. Did she come out of nowhere too?

In the meantime, I'm actually going to grab info like this and document it. This time I'm not playing around.

Yes, in fact he not only correctly named Wolf and Toon Link, he revealed Lucario replacing MewTwo, along with several items, including not only naming the Dragoon but also stating exactly how it was used.

Yet even after the Dragoon was revealed on the Dojo, 100% as he described it, people still refused to believe him because "they wouldn't cut MewTwo! D-:)

Yeah, chaoszer0 or something like that.

not sure how i remember the name.
---
I'm handsome.
#15iKhanicPosted 12/12/2012 6:19:04 PM
Halibuton posted...
I work at Bandai-Namco, specifically in PR regarding their various fighting-game series (currently I am involved in helping deal with some licensing issues regarding a popular manga fighter that Namco-Bandai is hoping to release in the West...), and have learned various bits and tidbits of early info from coworkers involved in the Smash 4 development.

Sure, just like I'm Sakurai's best friend
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#16xApollo_JusticePosted 12/12/2012 6:19:55 PM
DarkAres_02 posted...

OH, holy crap I forgot about that. You know, it is a new IP. Did it do particularly well? It seemed kind of interesting when I first heard about it.

No idea in terms of sales figures. Metacritic gave it a 65, but it is just an e-shop game.
---
My SSB4 roster, picture by UberPyro64.
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3918/rosterapolloroster.png
#17DynasticAnthonyPosted 12/12/2012 6:20:24 PM
I_Wanna_Cookie posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
Genius_Sage posted...

Yeah, chaoszer0 or something like that.

not sure how i remember the name.

Do you think this is a legitimate source?

I didn't believe but not I'm a little 51/49 now.
---
Tom Nook, Waluigi, King K. Rool, Little Mac and Leon S. Kennedy for Smash Bros. 4! Official Vice President of the Secret Board
I like lesbians...a lot.
#18ViewtifulGenePosted 12/12/2012 6:24:57 PM(edited)
How to fabricate leaked information like a boss:

Rule #1: Speak in broad generalizations so that no matter what the actual outcome is, it's somewhat close to what was said in the troll post.

Rule #2: Mix in a few references to subjects that are frequently mentioned within your target audience. You're more likely to make people fall for this bull**** if you speak the people's language.

Rule #3: Go out on a limb and pull a few ideas out of your ass. If your bull***** ends up being wrong then everybody will have forgotten about you later anyway. If your bull**** matches the actual outcome then you will be lauded as a prophet. Either way, enjoy the fireworks while the topic is still hot. It's a win-win.

Rule #4: Indicate having connections with someone from Japan. Everything about a game is legitimate if it comes from a Japanese person, whetehr that Japanese person is a developer or a random schmuck who knows no more about the game than us stupid westerners.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#19ViewtifulGenePosted 12/12/2012 6:22:31 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Genius_Sage posted...

Anyone can make a lucky guess. I'm sure there were plenty of other bull**** prophets at the time, but the ones who were proven bull*****ers were simply forgotten.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#20AlWikowonkavitzPosted 12/12/2012 6:32:13 PM
Ghirahim makes me doubt this is real.
---
AlWikowonkavitz is himself.