A few early Roster tidbits I have come across via Bandai-Namco Employees.

#101endlessbonbonzPosted 12/13/2012 4:26:51 PM
DILLON? LAWL! That game is unsucessfulz.
---
MOAR GURLZ For Sm4sh!
Official Empress of the Delicious Board
#102pokemonynstynPosted 12/13/2012 4:29:46 PM(edited)
Kaabisteru posted...
ZeldaInformer believes him.

I'm actually the ZI writer who made that post, and I'd like to point out that I don't believe him at all.

"Prepare a truckload of salt before reading this, because you’re going to need more than a few grains"
"there is no way to verify the legitimacy of this source"
"We’ll have to wait for some more official news before anything this guy says can be trusted"

Please tell me what part of those quotes make you think I believe him, because I see absolutely nothing there implying that these rumors are in any way valid.

---
Replace
#103XXShadowLinkXXPosted 12/13/2012 4:59:03 PM
^^^^^^ Ha! Quality.
---
- The Arkive Project - <<<< Remember this as soon as you see it. Spread the word.
#104Halibuton(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 9:38:31 PM
I got a Private Message from Snakey asking for some additional details, mainly involving 3rd Party, and I replied to him with some info about that that I feel safe posting here.

Most of the 3rd Party characters are still being mulled over and such, and there's been interest from Konami and Sega regarding the inclusion of other series characters, although there's been much debate over this. NiGHTS, Monkey Ball, Goemon, Castlevania, and Twinbee are all series I've heard have been brought up, but personally I doubt we'll actually see any of those make it in. I'd assume that Snake and Sonic are set to return.

Namco will include a character, but nothing has been set. I don't think they want to use Tekken because it's a more "realistic" fighter and it would be weird seeing those characters in Smash, and I think the fact Tales is mainly an Eastern series is hurting it, though. But minds could change.

Link, Marth, and Ike will be using there new styles from SS/Awakening, but adjusted for Smash. Pit will also greatly draw from Kid Icarus Uprising, I'm guessing he'll be much more talkative now. All the other characters as far as I know from Brawl are coming back.

Interest in bringing back dropped characters has been shown, specifically for Mewtwo. Chances for Roy seem lower, but possible. Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link probably less.

arvilino posted...
"few early roster tidbits"? of 10 possible new characters? That''s almost nearing the number of new characters Brawl had. That isn't a few by large margin this is all pretty doubtlessly false.

Only 4 of the characters (Ridley, K. Rool, Takamaru, and Little Mac) are definite as far as I know. That's 1 less than Brawl debuted with. The other four are merely being considered and are strong contenders.

Ghirahim may or may not make it in, the big factor for his inclusion apparently lies in the what goes on with the Zelda Series. If a new, main game comes out before Smash, Ghirahim may be dropped unless he appears as he'll be considered "old". Personally, I don't see a new mainline Zelda coming out that soon.

Shulk's inclusion apparently came about due to the strong showing in the UK and US, as it showed that Xenoblade resonated with a larger global audience. Apparently, before Xenoblade came about and gained steam, Kalas from Baten Kaitos was considered as a possibility, but I don't think it went anywhere beyond that.

Dillon and "Debu" are being considered due to Nintendo wishing to use the next Smash to help boost some series. I think one can assume that, like Pit in Brawl, they may wish to expand Dillon's series in the future.

The "Debu" character, as mentioned before, Nintendo wants to promote. Why such a push? I'm not quite sure. The only thing I know is that he's Yoshi's new dinosaur buddy, he's red, he's presumably large, and he seems to play like Yoshi. The first clone confirmed? I don't know the extent of his similarities, information about him has been very sparse.
#105SnakeyPosted 12/13/2012 10:01:01 PM(edited)
Halibuton posted...

Most of the 3rd Party characters are still being mulled over and such, and there's been interest from Konami and Sega regarding the inclusion of other series characters, although there's been much debate over this. NiGHTS, Monkey Ball, Goemon, Castlevania, and Twinbee are all series I've heard have been brought up, but personally I doubt we'll actually see any of those make it in. I'd assume that Snake and Sonic are set to return.

That really does not sound like Konami and Sega. Konami specifically has not done anything with Goemon for years.

This is not passing the sniff test for me.

Snake only got in from KOJIMA's begging, not Konami as a whole. I doubt Kojma has any interest in other Konami properties getting in.

Sakurai himself has said some very strict things in regards to third-parties as well.
---
Play It Loud
#106harvestmoonmikePosted 12/13/2012 10:01:47 PM(edited)
New yoshi dinosaur friend? I wonder if Nintendo saw my drawing...

http://mattdog1000000.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d59umwi

heheh...

While I highly doubt the validity of this rumor, it's at least more realistic in terms of character choice than most rumors that sprout up.
---
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/NhWBo.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/rsqtJ.jpg?1
#107Halibuton(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 10:01:25 PM
Snakey posted...
Halibuton posted...

That really does not sound like Konami and Sega. Konami specifically has not done anything with Goemon for years.

This not passing the sniff test for me.

Snake only got in from KOJIMA's begging, not Konami as a whole. I doubt Kojma has any interest in other Konami properties getting in.

The inclusion of Snake in Brawl was Kojima's was, but Konami took notice and I think they now want to include more Konami characters since Smash sells well, and of course Sakurai couldn't use Snake without Konami's approval as well, so it's not like they weren't involved then as well. As for Goemon, Tak Fuji's twitter has actually been teasing a possible Goemon revival, which is why he's popped up in discussions.

But like I said, they've shown interest, and those were a few series thrown around in discussions, official and unofficial, and the chances of any of those series getting in (especially as playable characters) is highly unlikely. At best we'll see music/cameos from them.
#108harvestmoonmikePosted 12/13/2012 10:07:35 PM
My brother has actually worked at Nintendo in the past, and he's told me that they keep everything extremely tight lipped... And unless you're in Japan working in the studio where they're making the games, you're not going to find out jack from them, even if you're working with them constantly every day.

However, I have no idea how Namco operates... Maybe things are slightly more loose there. But I'm sure Nintendo is doing their best keeping this game's development very secret regardless of Namco's operations...

If you're right about all of this... they've done a poor job. Either that, or somebody is going to get their ass fired and forever banned from working in the industry.
---
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/NhWBo.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/rsqtJ.jpg?1
#109SnakeyPosted 12/13/2012 10:10:48 PM(edited)
harvestmoonmike posted...

If you're right about all of this... they've done a poor job. Either that, or somebody is going to get their ass fired and forever banned from working in the industry.

I already mentioned that corporate culture is much different in Japan than it is in the West. Nintendo has everything locked down like Fort Knox, and I am sure that they are making sure Namco stays the same way.
---
Play It Loud
#110reaverzPosted 12/13/2012 10:13:47 PM
Ignoring everything in this topic, just how much information on this “debu” thing is out there? That’s the only part of the TC’s information that is so overly specific that if such a thing is revealed and is spot–on in its description (a dino buddy for Yoshi, red in color, appearing in a new Yoshi game), this could gain credibility.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]