This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A few early Roster tidbits I have come across via Bandai-Namco Employees.

#111Halibuton(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 9:17:19 PM
harvestmoonmike posted...
My brother has actually worked at Nintendo in the past, and he's told me that they keep everything extremely tight lipped... And unless you're in Japan working in the studio where they're making the games, you're not going to find out jack from them, even if you're working with them constantly every day.

However, I have no idea how Namco operates... Maybe things are slightly more loose there. But I'm sure Nintendo is doing their best keeping this game's development very secret regardless of Namco's operations...

If you're right about all of this... they've done a poor job. Either that, or somebody is going to get their ass fired and forever banned from working in the industry.

There's plenty of extra info I've heard that is far bigger news than simple character inclusion that probably would get me and my coworkers in trouble, roster information is actually not that big of a deal as the fan's make it out to be since there's already so many speculation as to which characters will be included that tracking down leaks and stopping them is far more trouble than it's worth. More specific game-play information, like what they've got in store for the 3DS and Wii U differences (and there's some ambitious stuff being planned) is way more hush-hush.

I could probably leak the planned roster for the Namco-Bandai fighting game I'm involved with as well without much consequence, as I could claim it was an educated speculation and deny actually being involved with it (and because that game might not even reach the English speaking community).
#112harvestmoonmikePosted 12/13/2012 9:21:21 PM
Naming a brand new character in the Yoshi series, complete with name, is extremely specific... and if that ends up true in either a new Yoshi game or Smash... That's pretty serious, you'd be singled out.

And it doesn't matter how minuscule you think the information is, Nintendo cracks down on all of it.
---
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/NhWBo.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/rsqtJ.jpg?1
#113ShadowMegaman1Posted 12/13/2012 9:27:38 PM(edited)
Well, what is it hurting if you leak it? I mean after all, I think our community could probably take disappointment much better than you think. Not only that, but if this mystery game comes to fruition, than most of the users here will probably worship the ground you walk on. You said you'd face little consequence.

Another option for you is you could go to NeoGAF, they have a system, and people, in place to verify your info. Lupinko has made a name for himself doing just that, leaking various fighting game rosters and information. Hasn't been assassinated yet.
#114Halibuton(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 9:36:40 PM
ShadowMegaman1 posted...
Well, what is it hurting if you leak it? I mean after all, I think our community could probably take disappointment much better than you think. Not only that, but if this mystery game comes to fruition, than most of the users here will probably worship the ground you walk on. You said you'd face little consequence.

Another option for you is you could go to NeoGAF, they have a system, and people, in place to verify your info. Lupinko has made a name for himself doing just that, leaking various fighting game rosters and information. Hasn't been assassinated yet.

The mystery game is just the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle for PS3. I thought Smash information was more popular among English communities as opposed to information about a (albeit popular more so thanks to the new anime) probably Japananese-only fighting game, so I never really thought there was that big of a demand for info about it, plus it's coming out at a steady pace in Famitsu. If people really want that roster, I'll post it here though. That game should come out soon enough, and will help further the proof of my legitimacy.

It takes quite awhile for NeoGaf to verify your account, though, doesn't it?
#115HylianCyndaquilPosted 12/13/2012 9:41:59 PM
i dunno guise i read all twelve pages seems pretty damn legit to meeee
---
Not changing until a new Star Fox game is announced. (started 8/03/12)
Brawl is better than Melee. Nuff said
#116reaverzPosted 12/13/2012 9:44:17 PM
Upon reading the beginning of this topic, I noticed this part from someone's post:

Genius_Sage posted...
But for what it's worth he IS telling the truth about the word Debu.

I've looked and looked but I can't find mention of a "debu" in relation to Nintendo, but Genius_Sage makes it sound as if that is indeed some term that's related to Nintendo somehow. Is there anyone who can shed some light on how the term "debu" came to be associated with Nintendo?
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#117Majora999Posted 12/13/2012 9:45:43 PM
reaverz posted...
Upon reading the beginning of this topic, I noticed this part from someone's post:

Genius_Sage posted...

I've looked and looked but I can't find mention of a "debu" in relation to Nintendo, but Genius_Sage makes it sound as if that is indeed some term that's related to Nintendo somehow. Is there anyone who can shed some light on how the term "debu" came to be associated with Nintendo?

It's not, they said he was right about 'debu' meaning fat.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#118reaverzPosted 12/13/2012 9:52:07 PM
majora999 posted...
reaverz posted...

Genius_Sage posted...

It's not, they said he was right about 'debu' meaning fat.

Oh. Haha, now I feel like a fool... In any case, I guess we will wait and see if Nintendo does come to reveal such a character for the Yoshi series in the coming year.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#119ShadowMegaman1Posted 12/13/2012 9:56:28 PM
Halibuton posted...
ShadowMegaman1 posted...

The mystery game is just the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle for PS3. I thought Smash information was more popular among English communities as opposed to information about a (albeit popular more so thanks to the new anime) probably Japananese-only fighting game, so I never really thought there was that big of a demand for info about it, plus it's coming out at a steady pace in Famitsu. If people really want that roster, I'll post it here though. That game should come out soon enough, and will help further the proof of my legitimacy.

It takes quite awhile for NeoGaf to verify your account, though, doesn't it?

Just trying to help you out man. I figured you could leak more certain information to substantiate your Smash Bros 4 claims.

As for GAF, it can. Just depends upon what you let the mods know when signing up.
#120Dr Edward RoivasPosted 12/13/2012 9:58:34 PM
"Gentlemen, we at the Smash Bros. Wii U team have kept all info concealed for a long time. But it's time for that to end. The fans are getting hungry for info. Some may fall into depression so deep that they will not be able to earn money to buy the game new. Some may...buy PlayStation All-Stars out of desperation.

It's time we leaked some info. Nowhere it will be reported from as official. But enough to start significant rumors.

Reports show that the English language message board GAMEFAQs is ripe for fan hype and rigorous debate for information legitimacy. One of our own English speakers will be assigned to plant seeds of anticipation and wonder that shall, in time, cause a slight but relevant increase in sales of the game, when it is completed.

Anyone who comments to the public on this endeavor shall be prosecuted as already described. For the glory and honor of Smash Brothers. Dismissed."

...is this how it happens??
---
Tie it on, in your mind. It's your Noctourniquet.