A few early Roster tidbits I have come across via Bandai-Namco Employees.

#21NewMoonShadowPosted 12/12/2012 7:33:51 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
Genius_Sage posted...
Although I remember someone during Brawl pre-release who revealed Wolf and some other things (was it a female?) and we thought the roster sucked so bad that we didn't believe her. Did she come out of nowhere too?

In the meantime, I'm actually going to grab info like this and document it. This time I'm not playing around.

But for what it's worth he IS telling the truth about the word Debu.

Yes, in fact he not only correctly named Wolf and Toon Link, he revealed Lucario replacing MewTwo, along with several items, including not only naming the Dragoon but also stating exactly how it was used.

Yet even after the Dragoon was revealed on the Dojo, 100% as he described it, people still refused to believe him because "they wouldn't cut MewTwo! D-:)

Anyone can make a lucky guess. I'm sure there were plenty of other bull**** prophets at the time, but the ones who were proven bull*****ers were simply forgotten.

Make a lucky guess to the exact nature and function of an item most people didn't even remember existing, let alone would've expected to see in Smash? Plus literally every word of that post turned out to be correct. Either he was a real leak or he was a real psychic, either way it's impressive.
#22Genius_SagePosted 12/12/2012 7:36:29 PM(edited)
ViewtifulGene posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
Genius_Sage posted...
Although I remember someone during Brawl pre-release who revealed Wolf and some other things (was it a female?) and we thought the roster sucked so bad that we didn't believe her. Did she come out of nowhere too?

In the meantime, I'm actually going to grab info like this and document it. This time I'm not playing around.

Yes, in fact he not only correctly named Wolf and Toon Link, he revealed Lucario replacing MewTwo, along with several items, including not only naming the Dragoon but also stating exactly how it was used.

Yet even after the Dragoon was revealed on the Dojo, 100% as he described it, people still refused to believe him because "they wouldn't cut MewTwo! D-:)

Anyone can make a lucky guess. I'm sure there were plenty of other bull**** prophets at the time, but the ones who were proven bull*****ers were simply forgotten.

I'm assuming you were not from back then? I remember the guy, it was not a lucky guess, he didn't even know exactly what the Dragoon was if I remember correctly. He just knew how the item worked. He even describe it right down to the aiming thing once you get all three items.

For someone who wasn't around for pre-event drama you sure do like to make pretty bold comments quite often.
---
"What reason can anyone give me to not prefer the annihilation of all mankind to a scratch on my finger?"
#23Dustof_DryBonesPosted 12/12/2012 7:37:58 PM
AlWikowonkavitz posted...
Ghirahim makes me doubt this is real.

That is true, but Shulk is there too. It has to be real.
---
Hello, kind friend. =)
#24ViewtifulGinaPosted 12/12/2012 7:43:49 PM
Genius_Sage posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
Genius_Sage posted...

I'm assuming you were not from back then? I remember the guy, it was not a lucky guess, he didn't even know exactly what the Dragoon was if I remember correctly. He just knew how the item worked. He even describe it right down to the aiming thing once you get all three items.

For someone who wasn't around for pre-event drama you sure do like to make pretty bold comments quite often.

It's statistically possible for a coin to land on tails 10 times in a row without cheating and without divine intervention. Just because a stretch prediction came true, it doesn't mean the person knew it would happen in advance. It could just as easily mean the person made a lucky guess.

The person who bets on a coin landing on tails 10 times in a row will be remembered as a gambling genius if the bet comes true; he would be one of relatively few that seemingly predicted the unpredictable. If the person bets on 10 tails and loses, he is one of many people who guessed wrong and is indistinguishable from the many others who guessed wrong before.

There were a trillion people making blind guesses or trolling or just trying to get attention. You're glorifying one of them who just got lucky.
#25Genius_SagePosted 12/12/2012 7:47:17 PM
Wait...why am I getting a reply from Viewtiful GINA?

And also I think the TC in question is talking about project versus j - the game he claims he is working on getting a US release.
---
"What reason can anyone give me to not prefer the annihilation of all mankind to a scratch on my finger?"
#26ViewtifulGinaPosted 12/12/2012 7:48:28 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
Genius_Sage posted...

Make a lucky guess to the exact nature and function of an item most people didn't even remember existing, let alone would've expected to see in Smash? Plus literally every word of that post turned out to be correct. Either he was a real leak or he was a real psychic, either way it's impressive.

You're ignoring a third option- it was possible to make a lucky guess all along. Just because the probability of the event happening is small, it doesn't follow that it is impossible for the event to happen by chance.
If something only happens .00000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the time, it can still happen due to pure chance.
#27ViewtifulGinaPosted 12/12/2012 7:49:28 PM
Genius_Sage posted...

And also I think the TC in question is talking about project versus j - the game he claims he is working on getting a US release.

I'm her wife. I thought I'd chip in because my wife is busy massaging my shoulders right now.
#28reaverzPosted 12/12/2012 8:13:43 PM(edited)
Not that I believe the OP, but to doubt that there are Nintendo employees in the U.S. and Europe who get to look or sneak a peek at details for games currently in progress in Japan, including Smash, is foolish. And then, it's not hard to believe that some of those employees will let tiny details slip after work to some of their eager friends who know they might have some information on a game they're interested in.

That's very likely how it happened with ChaosZero back in pre-Brawl. Of course, most of these leakers, most likely including the one who started this topic, are fake and it's good to remain skeptical.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#29Halibuton(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 7:55:06 PM
Genius_Sage posted...

It's another popular manga-based game that many people are hoping makes it to the states...let's just say getting it involves some legal research on our part in regards to the lawsuit antics of certain musicians. ;)
#30GenoPosted 12/12/2012 8:01:04 PM
You know what would be ironic? If this turned out to be true.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853