This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A few early Roster tidbits I have come across via Bandai-Namco Employees.

#31EarthLord_CJPosted 12/12/2012 7:04:01 PM(edited)
ViewtifulGene posted...
Anyone can make a lucky guess. I'm sure there were plenty of other bull**** prophets at the time, but the ones who were proven bull*****ers were simply forgotten.

The poster who correctly 'guessed' those characters was actually correct about the whole damn roster, though. They even wrote that R.O.B. would be included in the game (which was a concept that no-one took seriously).
The 'prophet' had actually been given the roster information from the inside (from their own words), and he pretty much left the Brawl boards afterwards because people wouldn't leave them alone.

The topic itself, unfortunately, was deleted, but there's still a topic from Snakey that basically compiles what they seemed to know back then.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928518-super-smash-bros-brawl/40450885
Page 12 is where the information is compiled; the earlier pages are Snakey imparting his wisdom to the posters.

Don't assume that I believe that what TC said was true, though. I'm merely pointing a few things out.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#32deathbycookiesPosted 12/12/2012 7:17:08 PM
Ya know what? I say we don't bash his info until its proven false. So we'll wait for that special nintendo direct!
#33MTW829Posted 12/12/2012 7:23:44 PM
I wouldn't just mark him off as a troll guys. It's just as possible he's telling the truth as it is he is lying. His info doesn't seem farfetched at all. I'm not saying I believe him, but I'm not saying I don't believe him. We've seen people tell the truth before, so I would just wait and see if what he says turns out to be accurate.
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta
#34PlasmaCannonPosted 12/12/2012 7:24:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#35ViewtifulGinaPosted 12/12/2012 7:24:47 PM
EarthLord_CJ posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
Anyone can make a lucky guess. I'm sure there were plenty of other bull**** prophets at the time, but the ones who were proven bull*****ers were simply forgotten.

The poster who correctly 'guessed' those characters was actually correct about the whole damn roster, though. They even wrote that R.O.B. would be included in the game (which was a concept that no-one took seriously).
The 'prophet' had actually been given the roster information from the inside (from their own words), and he pretty much left the Brawl boards afterwards because people wouldn't leave them alone.

The topic itself, unfortunately, was deleted, but there's still a topic from Snakey that basically compiles what they seemed to know back then.

Page 12 is where the information is compiled; the earlier pages are Snakey imparting his wisdom to the posters.

Don't assume that I believe that what TC said was true, though. I'm merely pointing a few things out.

AGAIN, that's entirely possible due to the nature of probability, even if the chance of actually making such a lucky guess is pretty low. You can't assume the person really did know it in advance. Especially not when blind guesses are a dime a dozen on a board like that, and there are too many wrong guessers to keep track of.
#36NewMoonShadowPosted 12/12/2012 7:34:30 PM
ViewtifulGina posted...
EarthLord_CJ posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

AGAIN, that's entirely possible due to the nature of probability, even if the chance of actually making such a lucky guess is pretty low. You can't assume the person really did know it in advance. Especially not when blind guesses are a dime a dozen on a board like that, and there are too many wrong guessers to keep track of.

Look, when given the odds of someone correctly guessing not one, but five or six different game elements in one single post, is it really more farfetched that they actually had inside information than it is that they just "got lucky"?

The simplest answer is usually the correct one. Either you believe he knew the truth, or you believe he simply made up six lies that coincidentally turned out to be 100% true.

Which seems more likely to you?
#37ViewtifulGinaPosted 12/12/2012 7:39:05 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
ViewtifulGina posted...
EarthLord_CJ posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

Look, when given the odds of someone correctly guessing not one, but five or six different game elements in one single post, is it really more farfetched that they actually had inside information than it is that they just "got lucky"?

The simplest answer is usually the correct one. Either you believe he knew the truth, or you believe he simply made up six lies that coincidentally turned out to be 100% true.

Which seems more likely to you?

Do you know the probability of an actual insider leaking information to a bunch of schmucks on GameFAQs before sharing the info with anybody else? If you don't, you can't possibly say that it's more likely than a troll getting a lucky guess by pure chance.
#38NewMoonShadowPosted 12/12/2012 7:46:01 PM
ViewtifulGina posted...
Do you know the probability of an actual insider leaking information to a bunch of schmucks on GameFAQs before sharing the info with anybody else? If you don't, you can't possibly say that it's more likely than a troll getting a lucky guess by pure chance.

The odds of someone getting 6 lucky guesses at once, including things that nobody else was guessing in the first place (In all my time on the pre-release Brawl boards I saw maybe one or two topics discussing items, at most... everyone was guessing CHARACTERS, not items), are so infinitesimal that yes, I would believe that someone with actual insider information decided to share it with GameFAQs before I'll believe that someone simply guessed all of that correctly.
#39ViewtifulGenePosted 12/12/2012 7:48:46 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
ViewtifulGina posted...

The odds of someone getting 6 lucky guesses at once, including things that nobody else was guessing in the first place (In all my time on the pre-release Brawl boards I saw maybe one or two topics discussing items, at most... everyone was guessing CHARACTERS, not items), are so infinitesimal that yes, I would believe that someone with actual insider information decided to share it with GameFAQs before I'll believe that someone simply guessed all of that correctly.

But do you have any proof? Because all I see are assumptions. Those assumptions do not rule out the possibility that it was all a lucky guess.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#40EarthLord_CJPosted 12/12/2012 7:52:42 PM(edited)
ViewtifulGene posted...
But do you have any proof? Because all I see are assumptions. Those assumptions do not rule out the possibility that it was all a lucky guess.

The possibility isn't ruled out, obviously, but said possibility is also incredibly difficult to believe.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."