This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A few early Roster tidbits I have come across via Bandai-Namco Employees.

#391Genius_SagePosted 12/18/2012 1:03:30 PM
bskiffington posted...
Amazing Ampharos posted...
The topic creator has stopped posting it seems. I don't think that bodes terribly well for the credibility of these claims though given how dumb so much of what was posted in response was even a real leaker would have given up and decided it wasn't worth continuing. This Shulk argument is really dumb even by gamefaqs standards, and I think every sane person can agree that persons making insane and poorly researched claims about things like Xenoblade's sales and the distinction between a sword and a character mutually defined by each other would be better served by making a new topic in which to post nonsense so the rest of us could more easily ignore it. Even if those completely off-base arguments were meritorious in even the most trivial of ways which they are clearly not, this is still an overwhelmingly poor choice of a venue to vent those thoughts as it creates a sideshow that completely prevents the extraction of new information and real analysis of the credibility of presented claims.

As per the much more important issue than that asinine Shulk argument, whether the claims here are actually credible, I'd just say that Brawl had dozens of leakers, most of which were proven to be liars, but one of which was actually completely correct well in advance of the truth becomming common knowledge, and he was actually banned in several places as a liar and a troll for his no evidence leak. I would speculate that the collaboration with Namco signfiicantly increases the odds of leaks as more hands are tangentially involved, and those with very thin connections to the development are the most likely to spill the beans. It's also the case that Namco is not going to be nearly so secretive as Nintendo (I'm unsure if the CIA is as secretive as Nintendo) and that Namco is probably completely unaccustomed to this kind of pressure for leaks (they make some big games, but it's not like any kind of leak would really matter for something like a Tekken game beyond the project existing at all). The overall odds of this guy really telling the truth are fairly slim just playing the averages, but nothing he has said really disqualifies him from being truthful (in fact, it's all very plausible) and we know that somewhere along the line we're going to have some real leaks. Given that he has a fairly short time-frame to be proven wrong (Jan. 31), we should be focused on maximizing our information gain now with the dual purpose of giving maximum opportunity for obviously untrue things to be said (allowing us to disregard this issue from further consideration) and maximum gain if it does end up proving true. If it is proven true, the popularity of this will explode and it will likely be impossible to get any further information. Of course, the TC may already be gone for good which serves absolutely no one's benefit; thanks asinine Shulk argument.

The topic creator has stopped posting? Dude, its been two days, haha. Not saying that he's legit and that we should all believe it, but a 2 day break in between posts doesnt mean hes a faker or that hes gone for good, haha.

Also, thats 2 days including today. You posted that yesterday, which also happened to be the date of his last post., so I think you're overreacting.

Dude, he has a freaking full-time job. You guys are actually starting to make me think you're all either 15-16 years old or stuck in a rut at 25.
---
"What reason can anyone give me to not prefer the annihilation of all mankind to a scratch on my finger?"
#392bskiffingtonPosted 12/18/2012 2:03:41 PM
Genius_Sage posted...
bskiffington posted...
Amazing Ampharos posted...
The topic creator has stopped posting it seems. I don't think that bodes terribly well for the credibility of these claims though given how dumb so much of what was posted in response was even a real leaker would have given up and decided it wasn't worth continuing. This Shulk argument is really dumb even by gamefaqs standards, and I think every sane person can agree that persons making insane and poorly researched claims about things like Xenoblade's sales and the distinction between a sword and a character mutually defined by each other would be better served by making a new topic in which to post nonsense so the rest of us could more easily ignore it. Even if those completely off-base arguments were meritorious in even the most trivial of ways which they are clearly not, this is still an overwhelmingly poor choice of a venue to vent those thoughts as it creates a sideshow that completely prevents the extraction of new information and real analysis of the credibility of presented claims.

As per the much more important issue than that asinine Shulk argument, whether the claims here are actually credible, I'd just say that Brawl had dozens of leakers, most of which were proven to be liars, but one of which was actually completely correct well in advance of the truth becomming common knowledge, and he was actually banned in several places as a liar and a troll for his no evidence leak. I would speculate that the collaboration with Namco signfiicantly increases the odds of leaks as more hands are tangentially involved, and those with very thin connections to the development are the most likely to spill the beans. It's also the case that Namco is not going to be nearly so secretive as Nintendo (I'm unsure if the CIA is as secretive as Nintendo) and that Namco is probably completely unaccustomed to this kind of pressure for leaks (they make some big games, but it's not like any kind of leak would really matter for something like a Tekken game beyond the project existing at all). The overall odds of this guy really telling the truth are fairly slim just playing the averages, but nothing he has said really disqualifies him from being truthful (in fact, it's all very plausible) and we know that somewhere along the line we're going to have some real leaks. Given that he has a fairly short time-frame to be proven wrong (Jan. 31), we should be focused on maximizing our information gain now with the dual purpose of giving maximum opportunity for obviously untrue things to be said (allowing us to disregard this issue from further consideration) and maximum gain if it does end up proving true. If it is proven true, the popularity of this will explode and it will likely be impossible to get any further information. Of course, the TC may already be gone for good which serves absolutely no one's benefit; thanks asinine Shulk argument.

The topic creator has stopped posting? Dude, its been two days, haha. Not saying that he's legit and that we should all believe it, but a 2 day break in between posts doesnt mean hes a faker or that hes gone for good, haha.

Also, thats 2 days including today. You posted that yesterday, which also happened to be the date of his last post., so I think you're overreacting.

Dude, he has a freaking full-time job. You guys are actually starting to make me think you're all either 15-16 years old or stuck in a rut at 25.

Don't bring me into it haha, I was just pointing out that he was on yesterday and that poster said that he's probably gone and never coming back because he hasn't posted since then.
#393HeaderHogPosted 12/18/2012 2:09:12 PM
Why is this topic so popular?

*Looks at giant wall of text about Shulk*

Oh...
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#394game2002Posted 12/19/2012 1:36:39 AM
harvestmoonmike posted...
Never argue moveset as a reason why a character can't work... A moveset can me made for any character or any thing. Moveset never stopped nobody no how.

That may be true, but you can't deny that movesets can still look bland, even if it's possible to make one.

Compare the moveset of a character who can only... slap people in his/her origin game to a character who can do stuff like fire missiles, laser beams, and fireballs and throw random stuff, it's obvious that the latter has a more colorful-looking and attractive moveset, even if an entire moveset of slapping people in various ways is creative.
---
Praise the Lord, our one true God!
#395BurnumMasterPosted 12/19/2012 2:13:11 AM
game2002 posted...
Never argue moveset as a reason why a character can't work... A moveset can me made for any character or any thing. Moveset never stopped nobody no how.

That may be true, but you can't deny that movesets can still look bland, even if it's possible to make one.

Compare the moveset of a character who can only... slap people in his/her origin game to a character who can do stuff like fire missiles, laser beams, and fireballs and throw random stuff, it's obvious that the latter has a more colorful-looking and attractive moveset, even if an entire moveset of slapping people in various ways is creative.

Or take someone with a million moveset potentials, and instead do something bland with it like samus.
---
GT:BurnumMaster
#396harvestmoonmikePosted 12/19/2012 2:53:09 AM
game2002 posted...

Well, there's ways to get creative still... Say, with many fan-made movesets for Little Mac, even though the character is nothing but punches, he has the potential for a very innovative gimmick, the star system, inspired by the game he comes form... So, even somebody that looks like they'd only be able to do very little can still have a creative workaround to set them apart from the traditional style of fighting set by others...

But no, you're right, even though anybody can be made a moveset, you do want that moveset to be unique (and I believe Sakurai has said this himself).

...I am annoyed that I wrote "me" instead of "be"... oh well.
---
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/TfnNN.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/JSxGG.jpg
#397Kagemusha_OulmnPosted 12/20/2012 8:56:07 AM
BurnumMaster posted...
game2002 posted...

Or take someone with a million moveset potentials, and instead do something bland with it like samus.

Samus? Bland? What insanity is this?

Sure, all the characters have a basic template they follow (^B = Recovery, Chargeable Smash Attacks, etc.) -- but that's because it's a fighting game. Samus's Smash moveset incorporates nearly all of her most prominent abilities, and just because there are other characters that can perform a tether recovery, neutral charge special, etc. does not mean that her moveset is bland. No other characters can perform a Smash Special with a significantly different effect, no other characters receive such a massive hitbox reduction during a roll, and no other characters have an alternate form initiated through FS.

If, by a million unfulfilled "moveset potentials," you refer to the fact that she doesn't use the Wave/Spazer/Ice/Plasma/Hyper beams, Visors, or Shine Sparking, I believe that none of these abilities would bring much to the Smash table in practice. A complete moveset transformation with the morph ball would certainly make her more unique, but as it is she stands as one of the more unique characters in the roster.
---
Series that desperately need another game:
LoZ:FS, BoF, Chrono and MM:L (You were so close, my friend!)
#398BurnumMasterPosted 12/22/2012 5:25:15 AM
Kagemusha_Oulmn posted...
BurnumMaster posted...
game2002 posted...

Sure, all the characters have a basic template they follow (^B = Recovery, Chargeable Smash Attacks, etc.) -- but that's because it's a fighting game. Samus's Smash moveset incorporates nearly all of her most prominent abilities, and just because there are other characters that can perform a tether recovery, neutral charge special, etc. does not mean that her moveset is bland. No other characters can perform a Smash Special with a significantly different effect, no other characters receive such a massive hitbox reduction during a roll, and no other characters have an alternate form initiated through FS.

If, by a million unfulfilled "moveset potentials," you refer to the fact that she doesn't use the Wave/Spazer/Ice/Plasma/Hyper beams, Visors, or Shine Sparking, I believe that none of these abilities would bring much to the Smash table in practice. A complete moveset transformation with the morph ball would certainly make her more unique, but as it is she stands as one of the more unique characters in the roster.

Um...first off ZSS transformation is awful, if they want to make her a separate character thats fine but having it the way it is in brawl is dumb. And yes just charging B and having a glowing blue ball for 3 games straight is bland when she has so many beam weapons.
---
GT:BurnumMaster
#399ThatPersonGuyPosted 12/22/2012 7:18:41 AM
BurnumMaster posted...
Kagemusha_Oulmn posted...
BurnumMaster posted...
game2002 posted...

Um...first off ZSS transformation is awful, if they want to make her a separate character thats fine but having it the way it is in brawl is dumb. And yes just charging B and having a glowing blue ball for 3 games straight is bland when she has so many beam weapons.

They should have made the ZSS thing easier to select. Just a little nitpick. Unless, of corse, you have no idea how to make her start in ZS...
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#400ThatPersonGuyPosted 12/22/2012 7:21:24 AM
IngSlayer posted...
Well, I guess I'll go make a topic lying about roster tidbits and get up to 500 posts too.

The reason this is still up is because Harvest is being a dumb a** straw puller (Or he's just trolling) and using arguments so stupid that it's rediculous.

Still, the topic at hand is far beyond that. It's merged into a general discusion about the game as a whole.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.