A few early Roster tidbits I have come across via Bandai-Namco Employees.

#41alien803Posted 12/12/2012 8:52:30 PM
January 31st, we'll see if you are truth.
---
Hey Crapface! Why dontcha blow it out your ear.
#42NewMoonShadowPosted 12/12/2012 8:52:52 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
ViewtifulGina posted...
Do you know the probability of an actual insider leaking information to a bunch of schmucks on GameFAQs before sharing the info with anybody else? If you don't, you can't possibly say that it's more likely than a troll getting a lucky guess by pure chance.

The odds of someone getting 6 lucky guesses at once, including things that nobody else was guessing in the first place (In all my time on the pre-release Brawl boards I saw maybe one or two topics discussing items, at most... everyone was guessing CHARACTERS, not items), are so infinitesimal that yes, I would believe that someone with actual insider information decided to share it with GameFAQs before I'll believe that someone simply guessed all of that correctly.

But do you have any proof? Because all I see are assumptions. Those assumptions do not rule out the possibility that it was all a lucky guess.

I'm making the logical assumption here. If someone says "1+1=2" you do not assume they guessed it correctly, you assume that they know how to count. It's basic logic.
#43alien803Posted 12/12/2012 8:53:41 PM
"They also represent West vs. East, which Sakurai is aiming for after the previous series strayed too much towards Eastern characters like Fire Emblem and Mother. "

NO, SAKURAI, DO NOT LISTEN TO THE WEST! TINGLE IS GREAT!
---
Hey Crapface! Why dontcha blow it out your ear.
#44Platinum_LuigiPosted 12/12/2012 8:54:39 PM
I'm tagging this.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/awesome_user
#45MottmanPosted 12/12/2012 8:54:44 PM
The genius of this topic is that while it very well may be lies, there is really nothing in this post that stands out as being impossible and thus immediately invalidating the message, at least in terms of the characters and stages listed. I'm not saying I believe it, but at least it's believable. Not all of these "insider information" topics are.
---
My name is Mottman, and I approve this message.
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
#46ViewtifulGenePosted 12/12/2012 8:56:21 PM
EarthLord_CJ posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
But do you have any proof? Because all I see are assumptions. Those assumptions do not rule out the possibility that it was all a lucky guess.

The possibility isn't ruled out, obviously, but said possibility is also incredibly difficult to believe.

It's entirely possible and you have no proof that the alternate explanation is actually more likely. I can't believe the post was a legitimate leak unless I get some proof of its legitimacy. I'd need something that would actually rule out the possibility of it being a lucky guess.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#47reaverzPosted 12/12/2012 8:57:04 PM
ViewtifulGina posted...
Do you know the probability of an actual insider leaking information to a bunch of schmucks on GameFAQs before sharing the info with anybody else? If you don't, you can't possibly say that it's more likely than a troll getting a lucky guess by pure chance.

ChaosZero wasn't an insider, it was his friend that was. ChaosZero even said he didn't believe his friend at first because the friend said there would be a Stage Builder in the game, and he only decided to post the rest of his friend's alleged information once the Stage Builder update appeared on the Smash Dojo.

An actual insider coming to GameFaqs and spilling beans? Highly unlikely, I'll give you that. But a Nintendo employee deciding to share a few bits of info with a friend? Much more likely to happen.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#48ViewtifulGenePosted 12/12/2012 8:57:24 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
ViewtifulGina posted...

The odds of someone getting 6 lucky guesses at once, including things that nobody else was guessing in the first place (In all my time on the pre-release Brawl boards I saw maybe one or two topics discussing items, at most... everyone was guessing CHARACTERS, not items), are so infinitesimal that yes, I would believe that someone with actual insider information decided to share it with GameFAQs before I'll believe that someone simply guessed all of that correctly.

I'm making the logical assumption here. If someone says "1+1=2" you do not assume they guessed it correctly, you assume that they know how to count. It's basic logic.

Then show me your proof that the person actually knew this answer in advance as well. All you have is an assumed conclusion.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
#49ViewtifulGenePosted 12/12/2012 8:58:58 PM
reaverz posted...
ViewtifulGina posted...

ChaosZero wasn't an insider, it was his friend that was. ChaosZero even said he didn't believe his friend at first because the friend said there would be a Stage Builder in the game, and he only decided to post the rest of his friend's alleged information once the Stage Builder update appeared on the Smash Dojo.

An actual insider coming to GameFaqs and spilling beans? Highly unlikely, I'll give you that. But a Nintendo employee deciding to share a few bits of info with a friend? Much more likely to happen.

That doesn't rule out the possibility that he was a troll that fabricated having insider contacts and it was all a troll's lucky guess.

The disclaimer could've just as easily been part of a troll's scheme to make people second guess him.
---
#50harvestmoonmikePosted 12/12/2012 9:03:18 PM
Shulk, Dillon, and Ghirahim?...

Well, they're not the worst I could think of... But they're still not exactly compelling new and important characters either.
---
My SSB4 roster prediction/wishlist: generous: http://i.imgur.com/NhWBo.jpg
reduced: http://i.imgur.com/rsqtJ.jpg?1